ADVERTISEMENT

An additional 5-Star & highly rated 4-Star recruit may be joining Johnson & Moreno in what could be the #1 recruiting class in the country...

TopCatCal

Senior
Dec 10, 2012
daffy duck masturbation GIF

I will celebrate when the ink is dried. Too often over the years the "locks" were not always closed. But, it would be awesome if true. Then Pope needs to stop with these 4 super freshman and look for the transfer portal combining youth with experience.

I will celebrate when the ink is dried. Too often over the years the "locks" were not always closed. But, it would be awesome if true. Then Pope needs to stop with these 4 super freshman and look for the transfer portal combining youth with experience.
I agree. I look forward to seeing who will be in the Kentucky uniform when the ink dries...but this is exciting to see.

Love to see it with Coach Pope. Recruiting top freshmen and retaining players/transfer portal addition do not have to be mutually exclusive. Pope gets it and I trust his ability to form a roster going forward. Especially with the one he assembled on short notice this year.
Pope has worked tirelessly since taking the job…. I don’t think the man ever sleeps….

If it happens, Pope will end up with the #1 recruiting class in his first official recruiting cycle.

It almost seems too good to be true, but if he brings in his own Fab Four or Fab Five, and combines them with the five returners, he won't have to go heavy in the portal. At that point, you add a veteran point guard and a veteran combo forward and you're good to go.

I’m going to go on record and say Theo first home game against a big time opponent will be louder than when unc came to town to face wall/cousins.

A #1 recruiting class playing at UK with a coach that runs an offense that's let's his players play loose & free. It will be like the 90's with Rick Pitino all over again. Give Mark Pope the talent that Calipari had here, no more 1st round losses like we've seen, those days are over.
https://www.si.com/college/duke/basketball/prime-duke-basketball-targets-tease-package-deal-9-18-24
I really hope so and I believe he can have a great team, but let’s let him win a couple games in the tourney first before we anoint him Pitino. Don’t get me wrong. I want him to be the best we ever had.

IDK, Some Atlanta based marketing/media company it seems. They appear to be in the know.
Never heard of them. Wouldn't doubt if it's a burner account or facade company that "leaks" info like this because agents are trying to beef up offers from other schools. Agent calls in, makes it sound great for Kentucky, then UNC and Duke and whomever else shits pants and calls to Gondor for NIL aid.

Might seem pessimistic to some, but it seems like a real possibility to me given the general state of college athletics right now. If it was a Woj or Trilly or something, I might believe it. For now, I give Greenlight about as much credibility as the 1000 numbnut "insiders" that popped up between Cal's firing and Ansley Almonor's signing.

As for the social media banter – showmanship.

I hope they prove me wrong.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Assuming the 5 underclassmen all come back Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Perry and Noah and we get Wilson and Lewis to go with JJ and Moreno we got a heck of a start for next year. Coach can zero on a vet point guard and PF in the portal. Just that 9 is surely a top 10 team already.

PG- Vet portal/Lewis 6-2 175 FR high 4 star
SG- Oweh 6-4 210 SR/Johnson 6-4 185 FR 5 star Mcdonalds AA/Perry 6-1 180 SO all-time KY hs leading scorer
W- Chandler 6-5 190 SO top 40 in 22/Noah 6-5 210 SO 3rd all-time KY hs leading scorer
F- Wilson 6-9 215 FR 5 star Mcdonalds AA/Vet portal
C- Garrison 6-10 250 JR 5 star Mcdonalds AA/Moreno 7-0 240 FR 5 star Mcdonalds AA

Pope adds say a Ament, Brown and/or Mullins hes cooking look out. Lots of experience coming back with lots of high quality star frosh coming in. thats the recipe to get us back for a 96-98 run imo.

If I never hear the words #1 recruiting class it would still be to soon. Now, tell me he got all the players he really wanted to form the team he wants, with no missing pieces and I’ll be ecstatic.

If it happens, Pope will end up with the #1 recruiting class in his first official recruiting cycle.

It almost seems too good to be true, but if he brings in his own Fab Four or Fab Five, and combines them with the five returners, he won't have to go heavy in the portal. At that point, you add a veteran point guard and a veteran combo forward and you're good to go.
The good thing is if you only need 2-3 portal guys you can go after the absolute best ones at the position of need. You don’t need 6 million to spread amongst 11 guys. You can go after 3(1 million dollar) type transfers.

Reactions: G-PIP and Tf2217
If Pope Successfully lands the #1 class, it just goes to show that recruiting for UK is night and day different than recruiting to BYU with all of their restrictions. It should also make people appreciate what he was able to do despite those restrictions at BYU. It's going to be fun seeing what kind of coach he can be without those handcuffs and with a higher level of talent.

Moreno- committed
Johnson- committed
Wilson- looking very positive
Lewis- looking positive
Mullins- if we get the other four, it has to be very tempting for him to join them and complete a monster class.

If that happens this Fall, then the number one priority is making sure possible returning players feel the love (especially Oweh and Garrison) so that they come back to give us some experience in the system.

Then this Spring hit the portal to fill in the holes. We will need a veteran PG and a veteran PF/C first and foremost.

PG Portal/Lewis
SG Johnson/Chandler/Perry
SF Oweh/Mullins/Noah
PF Wilson/Portal
C Garrison/Moreno

Do we dare to dream of this?

I think Mullins is a long shot, but the others are a real possibility.

In the 90's Rick Pitino was at the top of all of them in my book... With all the other very good coach's there were at that time he was the best... I am so very glad he came to UK an d did what he did to help UKBB grow even more...

GBB
What if? I know we’ve all imagined how things could have been if he stayed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT