ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Daniels: Kentucky the leader for James Wiseman

I think it comes down to attempting a middle road. Yes, obviously there are cases of kids coming back, so there are no definitive projections for any particular kid. That said, can anyone name a kid who performed at a top 20 pick level as a freshman who ended up returning?

The only ones I can think of (in the Cal era) were Terrence Jones and Patterson. If EJ meets expectations and goes pro after on year, that's a good thing because it meant he contributed to what might end up being a national title team.

If he comes back, it means something probably went wrong from his own contribution level.
And this is all I was trying to say. From everything I've read about this kid, he's a 1 year guy. We've seen this so many times before.
Wenyen and Dakari were known project players, yes, they were 5 star players, but they were project players according to analysts and Cal. EJ is a bonafide star according to those same sources.

Link?
Not saying you're not accurate, I just need to see a link, because I have never heard that comparison.
Who said that? Fans don't count.

Cal never said it. Here's Cal's quote:

"He's [Skal's] not that. Believe me, Anthony Davis is a freak of nature. I mean, Anthony Davis I'm guessing within the next few years will be the best player in the universe. Like, the universe, OK? So like Skal – all these kids are different. They have different mental makeups. They have different work capacities. They have different toughness about them because of how they were brought up. They're all different."

Okay cool, it's not a 100% guarantee that EJ will leave after his freshman year, there never are zny guarantees, especially when a kid vould get injured early.
But EJ is a top 10 recruit in a strong class and he's playing for Cal at UK. It doesn't get much more certain than that.
But yeah, anytbing is possible.

Oh my

This class wasn't particularly deep or great

In addition was very week class for bigs

Stop making shit up

Wait, which is it? Did I say "basically" or did I say 100% gone? Guess I need to go back and look at what I said. But you're saying two different things in your posts about what I said.
@#1Wildcatfan4life , show me where I said ej is 100% gone because I can't find it.
This is as close as I can find to what you claim I said and this quote can be found on page 2, second post:

"EJ was a top 10 recruit for a reason. Actually, I think he was ranked the highest out of all of our current freshmen.
I can't see a player of that caliber coming back to UK for a second year.
Heck, even 4* players leave after 1 season now.
I also wouldn't get too hung up on Richards' play in the Bahamas. I certainly hope it carries over, he looked confident, but sometimes playersdon't perform as well when put into the real fishbowl
"

I know you're trying really hard to bust me and come across like you know what you're talking about, but you changed my words to try to benefit your weak take. I never said "100% gone". Not even close.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Cal never said it. Here's Cal's quote:

"He's [Skal's] not that. Believe me, Anthony Davis is a freak of nature. I mean, Anthony Davis I'm guessing within the next few years will be the best player in the universe. Like, the universe, OK? So like Skal – all these kids are different. They have different mental makeups. They have different work capacities. They have different toughness about them because of how they were brought up. They're all different."
Yeah, so what we're seeing is we have a couple guys in this thread that are making crap up to fit their arguement.
@#1Wildcatfan4life , care to explain? Where's your link? Who said Skal was comparitive to AD?

Link?
Not saying you're not accurate, I just need to see a link, because I have never heard that comparison.
Who said that? Fans don't count.

FANS COUNT

JUST NOT FANS WHOS NEVER SEEN A KID PLAY IN THEIR LIFE

How old are you, Damn

To keep in perspective Reid pj and Richards
Are all ahead of EJ in depth chart.

Time that can change. I want him to be a number 1 pick

But people using recruiting rankings as a science need their head check.

Said it once and I'll say it again

This class was weak on bigs

So lets calm down on the AD comparison

The fact that is was a weaker class is precisely why there will be draft positions for EJ to move up in.

Listen NBA draft on talent first ahead of position.

It bigs are weak
Maybe older bigs in college move ahead

I mean reddish and cam even rj can be considered 3s or 4

That's his measuring stick

FANS COUNT

JUST NOT FANS WHOS NEVER SEEN A KID PLAY IN THEIR LIFE

How old are you, Damn

To keep in perspective Reid pj and Richards
Are all ahead of EJ in depth chart.

Time that can change. I want him to be a number 1 pick

But people using recruiting rankings as a science need their head check.

Said it once and I'll say it again

This class was weak on bigs

So lets calm down on the AD comparison
You're an idiot if you think I'm only using recruiting rankings to form my opinion. I'm not going to do your work for you. Go google EJ and see for yourself. Be sure to specifically search for Cal's comments about EJ. That's where I'm getting my take from.
Also, who gives a shit about depth charts???? Vando played in a handful of games, but that didn't matter.
EJ is going to play and when he does, all he has to do is show some potential (OMG, there's that "P" word again).
You're really not helping your case with weak takes like this.
"Deptch chart". Freaking hilarious.

Unfortunately for you I'm right

I'm so right, the same group of these experts that put these list together also state not a year of bigs

So go ahead and disagree with the same folks who put these rankings together

Gezzzzz
So you're saying you're right and Cal is wrong? Interesting.
Oh, so according to you, you called Shai going ahead of Young in the draft. Give us your next bombshell prediction Mr. Wizzard.
Do it now, not 5 minutes before the draft this time.

Oh, so according to you, you called Shai going ahead of Young in the draft. Give us your next bombshell prediction Mr. Wizzard.

What did cal say lol

Not sure you know how to read

What did cal say lol

Not sure you know how to read
You should stop with the little jabs at the end of each one of your responses to me. That's a definite sign that you know you've been beat. You have no arguement, so you resort to keyboard cowboy garbage.
If you're going to continue on with your arguement at least do it with some maturity.

But Shai didn’t go before Trey young ! And there is a reason EJ has been in the top ten since he was a freshman in high school.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyjeff1
You should stop with the little jabs at the end of each one of your responses to me. That's a definite sign that you know you've been beat. You have no arguement, so you resort to keyboard cowboy garbage.
If you're going to continue on with your arguement at least do it with some maturity.

Kay lmfao :D
Xoxo

You got it superstar

But Shai didn’t go before Trey young ! And there is a reason EJ has been in the top ten since he was a freshman in high school.
Ah, you know what, you are correct about Tre Young going before Shai.
Hey @Pjvanshaigreenbaker69 , I thought you said you called Shai going before Young? You tried to slide that wrong call past. Nice try. You fooled me on that one. So you used a bad prediction to prop your weak arguement up? That's hilarious.
Credit to @CatfanMike47

Ah, you know what, you are correct about Tre Young going before Shai.
Hey @Pjvanshaigreenbaker69 , I thought you said you called Shai going before Young? You tried to slide that wrong call past. Nice try. You fooled me on that one. So you used a bad prediction to prop your weak arguement up? That's hilarious.
Credit to @CatfanMike47

Another sad soul mixing up my words and misquoting me.

Truly pathetic

But all you have are lies so I'll take that as a win

Obviously there are no certainties, but unless EJ has an injury or turns out to be one of Cal's most disappointing freshman ever, he'll be a good bet for going pro after one year.

I seriously doubt EJ goes pro after 1 year. I believe you'll be mistaken. He has talent but it'll take ay minimum 2 years.

Another sad soul mixing up my words and misquoting me.

Truly pathetic

But all you have are lies so I'll take that as a win
Wait, are you going to debate what I said? What's inaccurate? You said you called Shai going in the draft ahead of Young, or is that not what you meant by:
"Fyi last December I said shai was the better NBA potential over young. Waslaughed at. Laughed at. Called names.. slowly but surely I'm being proved right."
If you're saying Shai is going to have the better career and it's not about who got drafted higher, than by the time that all shakes out you'll be on your 14th screenname hiding.
They haven't played a single second of NBA ball yet, so how would you know you made the right call at this point.
My apologies if I misunderstood, you're throwing so much shit against the wall I don't know how to translate everything.

Wait, are you going to debate what I said? What's inaccurate? You said you called Shai going in the draft ahead of Young, or is that not what you meant by:
"Fyi last December I said shai was the better NBA potential over young. Waslaughed at. Laughed at. Called names.. slowly but surely I'm being proved right."
If you're saying Shai is going to have the better career and it's not about who got drafted higher, than by the time that all shakes out you'll be on your 14th screenname hiding.
They haven't played a single second of NBA ball yet, so how would you know you made the right call at this point.
My apologies if I misunderstood, you're throwing so much shit against the wall I don't know how to translate everything.
Clearly you cant read

Go the hell away

Better potential

Nothing about being drafted higher

And if you followed the summer league shai destroyed it

Knox destroyed it

Diallo did super well

Wendell Carter stood out

Wenyen earned a contract

Yes shai with his basketball IQ, willing passer, a leader people respect, and not to mention his defense based on fantastic measurements

Yes I believe he has the higher ceiling

Said that early December of last year when everyone jumped on the young bandwagon and wished he came to UK. Of course I saw the bigger picture.

Happy trolling

Go memorize more subjective player rankings like they are science lol

I seriously doubt EJ goes pro after 1 year. I believe you'll be mistaken. He has talent but it'll take ay minimum 2 years.
He’ll be one and Done! He’s a top 10 recruit and has been in the top ten or higher since his freshman year. No top ten recruit has stayed in the Cal era unless they were a guard or in TJones because of the lockout that year!

He’ll be one and Done! He’s a top 10 recruit and has been in the top ten or higher since his freshman year. No top ten recruit has stayed in the Cal era unless they were a guard or in TJones because of the lockout that year!
I say he won't. We'll see.

Safari dakari

And was ranked higher than EJ

Some of you have bad memories

I love EJ hope.he kills it. Hope he goes lottery

But this class of bigs are fairly done compared to prior years fyi

But I'll wait till we see him play before saying hes one and done

Could very well be one and done.

One of Richards or EJ will be back. Not enough minutes to shine. Not sold on Richards yet. Had one good game in the Bahamas the reverted back to his old ways. EJ is a total unknown due to his injury.

P
O
T
E
T
I
A
L

I have repeated this every year since Cal got here. The NBA doesn't care all that much about the season a kid just had, they care about potential.

NBA coaches can take a talented 4 like Skal or Montgomery, stick them in the weight room 7 days a week, work their butts off 24/7 and turn them into NBA monsters.

Heck, they even took a flyer on Jared Vanderbilt, a dude with skinny ankles and foot problems, just because he's an athletic freak.
I really hope the rest of you eventually figure this out. College performance means very little, potential is everything.

Obviously some of you haven't learned your lesson yet. Every year we see kids, that have so many fouls in their game, jump after one gear here and we say "dude just made a huge mistake, he ain't getting drafted". Kid goes in the first round and signs a huge deal. I'll say it again:
P
O
T
E
N
T
I
A
L
Learn it
Know it
You'll be tested on it
I'll take PO TENT TAIL for $500, Alex.

Safari dakari

And was ranked higher than EJ

Some of you have bad memories

I love EJ hope.he kills it. Hope he goes lottery

But this class of bigs are fairly done compared to prior years fyi

But I'll wait till we see him play before saying hes one and done

Could very well be one and done.

Cal compared Dakari to Davis like he did EJ?

Don't think so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT