ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Daniels: Kentucky the leader for James Wiseman

giphy.gif

Wiseman car kicking practice coach at ku...

Advanced Car kicking technique...(ku graduate school and adidas endorsed...)

e997dc8f-0a24-44dd-a9ec-7c87b01bf4db.gif

I don't think the Harrison twins had the potential that Monty has. Monty is a 4, the twins were guards and unless you're a freak athlete or crazy good shooter, your odds of making it to the league is much lower than a 4 like Monty.
The bottom line is they were ranked higher than Montgomery. Wasn’t your point that he wouldn’t return because he was the 10th ranked in the class?

The bottom line is they were ranked higher than Montgomery. Wasn’t your point that he wouldn’t return because he was the 10th ranked in the class?
I can find sooo many more that went to the NBA after one season that were outside the top 10 than I can find that were in the top ten but stayed through their sophomore season.
Also, it's much tougher to make it to the NBA as a guard simply because there are so many guards to compete against. Really talented 4's are not as easy to find. Skal is a perfect example. Compare Skal's frosh season to either of the Harrison's. Skal was afraid of his own shadow, meanwhile Aaron burned three good teams in the NCAAT with clutch pressure threes. Aaron came back, but Skal went to the draft.
Bottom line us Montgomery won't be back.
This is year 9 under Calipari, why haven't you figured out yet how this works?

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
EJ has the highest ceiling on the team from an NBA perspective. He'll go in the top 20 of the draft, maybe even lottery.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Can i know why he has the highest ceiling?
P
O
T
E
T
I
A
L

I have repeated this every year since Cal got here. The NBA doesn't care all that much about the season a kid just had, they care about potential.

NBA coaches can take a talented 4 like Skal or Montgomery, stick them in the weight room 7 days a week, work their butts off 24/7 and turn them into NBA monsters.

Heck, they even took a flyer on Jared Vanderbilt, a dude with skinny ankles and foot problems, just because he's an athletic freak.
I really hope the rest of you eventually figure this out. College performance means very little, potential is everything.

Obviously some of you haven't learned your lesson yet. Every year we see kids, that have so many fouls in their game, jump after one gear here and we say "dude just made a huge mistake, he ain't getting drafted". Kid goes in the first round and signs a huge deal. I'll say it again:
P
O
T
E
N
T
I
A
L
Learn it
Know it
You'll be tested on it

I can find sooo many more that went to the NBA after one season that were outside the top 10 than I can find that were in the top ten but stayed through their sophomore season.
Also, it's much tougher to make it to the NBA as a guard simply because there are so many guards to compete against. Really talented 4's are not as easy to find. Skal is a perfect example. Compare Skal's frosh season to either of the Harrison's. Skal was afraid of his own shadow, meanwhile Aaron burned three good teams in the NCAAT with clutch pressure threes. Aaron came back, but Skal went to the draft.
Bottom line us Montgomery won't be back.
This is year 9 under Calipari, why haven't you figured out yet how this works?
The bottom line is that’s nothing more than your opinion. He might not return for a second year, but your guarantee is nothing more than your bullshit opinion.

P
O
T
E
T
I
A
L

I have repeated this every year since Cal got here. The NBA doesn't care all that much about the season a kid just had, they care about potential.

NBA coaches can take a talented 4 like Skal or Montgomery, stick them in the weight room 7 days a week, work their butts off 24/7 and turn them into NBA monsters.

Heck, they even took a flyer on Jared Vanderbilt, a dude with skinny ankles and foot problems, just because he's an athletic freak.
I really hope the rest of you eventually figure this out. College performance means very little, potential is everything.

Obviously some of you haven't learned your lesson yet. Every year we see kids, that have so many fouls in their game, jump after one gear here and we say "dude just made a huge mistake, he ain't getting drafted". Kid goes in the first round and signs a huge deal. I'll say it again:
P
O
T
E
N
T
I
A
L
Learn it
Know it
You'll be tested on it

Vando was 2nd rd

Pj stayed

In time we will see who made the better decision

You said on potential. I agree. Having said that EJ in your mind has the highest ceiling? Maybe true but you havent seen him play.

Skal was the number 1 recruit with a year off from playing. He had the skill set as a stretch 4 who could block. Also super weak draft class.

I'll reserve my opinion on EJ till I see him in action

As of now I see hagans and KJ. And if hagans gets a jump shot it's really really really hagans.

What you are saying is Ej was better than Lyles at this same point in their career? If so Lyles was further ahead than him.

I was more curious if you saw EJ play before ?if you havent watched 20 games with him against top guys across the country think you are pretty early on arriving to that conclusion. If you are going off pure measurements then, I feel Richards would have the higher ceiling

Vando was 2nd rd

Pj stayed

You said on potential. I agree. Having said that EJ in your mind has the highest ceiling? Maybe true but you havent seen him play.

Skal was the number 1 recruit with a year off from playing. He had the skill set as a stretch 4 who could block. Also super weak draft class.

As of now I see hagans and KJ. And if hagans gets a jump shot it's really really really hagans.

What you are saying is Ej was better than Lyles at this same point in their career? If so Lyles was further ahead than him.

I was more curious if you saw EJ play before ?if you havent watched 20 games with him against top guys across the country think you are pretty early on arriving to that conclusion. If you are going off pure measurements then, I feel Richards would have the higher ceiling
P
O
T
E
N
T
I
A
L

EJ is a top 10 recriut in a strong class.

The draft Skal went in was not weak. That stupid response is what dudes like you go to when you have nothing. Bottom line is he had potential and he was a 4 that could shoot.

No, I'm not saying EJ is better than Lyles. I'm not sure why you would compare those two players and I don't get why that matters.

Vanderbilt was 2nd round you say? Great, still signed a deal didn't he, or am I mistaken? Let me check......yup, he signed a deal with multiple foot injuries. If he was a guard he would never have been drafted. Do you know why or do I need to explain that too?

Yup, vanderbilt went, Washington didn't. Washington doesn't have near the athletesism or upside. Vando had to leave before he was exposed. Richards would have been a better argument for you, but then again he's a 5 that didn't show all that much potential.

As far as Hagans, he's a guard that can't shoot. Yeah, he's good, but a guard has to be able to shoot in today's NBA. Guards and 3's are looked at much differently than 4's and 5's.

Man, I really hope you get it now, this is getting exhausting.

Last edited:
The bottom line is that’s nothing more than your opinion. He might not return for a second year, but your guarantee is nothing more than your bullshit opinion.
My opinion based on facts that we have seen since the one and done era began.
Give me another top 10 4 or 5 man that came back for a soph season at UK. Don't even say TJ, there was an NBA strike that year.
EJ is a top 10 recruit and you guys are short changing because you didn't see him play in the Bahama's.
You say this is just my opinion, but you need to bring more than"this is just your opinion" to the discussion.
It is a FACT that the NBA drafts on potential. It is also a fact that 4's and 5's are judged differently than 1's, 2's and 3's.

P
O
T
E
N
T
I
A
L

EJ is a top 10 recriut in a strong class.

The draft Skal went in was not weak. That stupic response is what dudes mike you go to when you have nothing. Bottom line is he had potential and he was a 4 that could shoot.

No, I'm not saying EJ is better than Lyles. I'm not sure why you would compare those two players and I don't get why that matters.

Vanderbilt was 2nd round you say? Great, still signed a deal didn't he, or am I mistaken? Let me check......yup, he signed a deal with multiple foot injuries. If he was a guard he would never have been drafted. Do you know why or do I need to explain that too?

Yup, vanderbilt went, Washington didn't. Washington doesn't have near the athletesism or upside. Vando had to leave before he was exposed. Richards would have been a better argument for you, but then again he's a 5 that didn't show all that much potential.

As far as Hagans, he's a guard that can't shoot. Yeah, he's good, but a guard has to be able to shoot in today's NBA. Guards and 3's are looked at much differently than 4's and 5's.

Man, I really hope you get it now, this is getting exhausting.

Skal was not in a weak draft class...
That's what you said?

Simmons
And Murray

Rest are a wash

I think you lost all credibility when you said that.

Lyles was a 4
You said EJ is a 4

What's not to compare?

Glad you didnt answer my question. How many times have you watched EJ PLAY LMFAO.

Maybe EJ has highest ceiling. But you saw him all of 7 mins. So let's not pretend you know his career.

Fyi last December I said shai was the better NBA potential over young. Was laughed at. Laughed at. Called names.. slowly but surely I'm being proved right.

In short you have zero credibility. You no exactly zero about EJs game cause you never saw him play. For that reason alone, you cant be taken seriously. In fact kids do that, not adults. Your buddies will jump to your rescue, any half ass normal person is laughing at you.

Fwiw... watching YouTube clips doesnt count. Again what children do.

Give me another top 10 4 or 5 man that came back for a soph season at UK. Don't even say TJ, there was an NBA strike that year.
EJ is a top 10 recruit and you guys are short changing because you didn't see him play in the Bahama's.
You say this is just my opinion, but you need to bring more than"this is just your opinion" to the discussion.
It is a FACT that the NBA drafts on potential. It is also a fact that 4's and 5's are judged differently than 1's, 2's and 3's.

WENYEN GABRIEL LMFAO

GO BACK TO BED SUPERSTAR

Reactions: BourbonBalz

DAKARI SAFARI LMFAO

GO TO BED!

Reactions: BourbonBalz
Skal was not in a weak draft class...
That's what you said?

Simmons
And Murray

Rest are a wash

I think you lost all credibility when you said that.

Lyles was a 4
You said EJ is a 4

What's not to compare?

Glad you didnt answer my question. How many times have you watched EJ PLAY LMFAO.

Maybe EJ has highest ceiling. But you saw him all of 7 mins. So let's not pretend you know his career.

Fyi last December I said shai was the better NBA potential over young. Was laughed at. Laughed at. Called names.. slowly but surely I'm being proved right.

In short you have zero credibility. You no exactly zero about EJs game cause you never saw him play. For that reason alone, you cant be taken seriously. In fact kids do that, not adults. Your buddies will jump to your rescue, any half ass normal person is laughing at you.

Fwiw... watching YouTube clips doesnt count. Again what children do.
LMAO, you literally said that I "have "no" credibility". The irony is strong.

It's funny how you only brought up Ben Simmons and Murray when talking about the 2016 draft. Why didn't you bring up Brandon Ingram or Jaylen Brown? skal went 28th, it's not like he went lottery. You "know" what I mean?

I don't need to literally see EJ play to know he has great potential. They don't put duds in the top ten. Use your head.

Yes, Lyles and EJ are different players. Yes, they're both 4's, but Lyles had more of a finess/outside game while EJ models his game after Anthony Davis. Go read it for yourself. Do you think Lyles and AD were the same type of player? So, in your opinion, when to players play the same position, they are always the same type of played???? Yeah, you're so smart....NOT.

You called Shai going ahead of Young? I call bullshit. But then again, a broken clock is right twice a day. You throw more shit against the wall hoping it sticks than smoothasbutter.

DAKARI SAFARI LMFAO

GO TO BED!
And he should have come back again and again, he never had NBA game. Credit card hops and weak hands.
Good call on both Dakari and Wenyen, but compared to all that left after their frosh seasons, it's a drop in the bucket

LMAO, you literally said that I "have "no" credibility". The irony is strong.

It's funny how you only brought up Ben Simmons and Murray when talking about the 2016 draft. Why didn't you bring up Brandon Ingram or Jaylen Brown? skal went 28th, it's not like he went lottery. You "know" what I mean?

I don't need to literally see EJ play to know he has great potential. They don't put duds in the top ten. Use your head.

Yes, Lyles and EJ are different players. Yes, they're both 4's, but Lyles had more of a finess/outside game while EJ models his game after Anthony Davis. Go read it for yourself. Do you think Lyles and AD were the same type of player? So, in your opinion, when to players play the same position, they are always the same type of played???? Yeah, you're so smart....NOT.

You called Shai going ahead of Young? I call bullshit. But then again, a broken clock is right twice a day. You throw more shit against the wall hoping it sticks than smoothasbutter.

So you admitted you never saw ej play

I called shai, unlike most here I dont lie

Selby okafor skal all number 1 overall
How they doing ? For that matter Wiggins maybe fultz

Where was Leonard or Westbrook rated?

Glad picking a guy in top 10 recruits is automatic lol
Cliff Robinson said hello

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NBA_draft. Learn something. That draft absolutely sucks with only the noel draft class being worse.

No clue what planet you live on. But anyone who reads top 10 on some recruiting ranking and considers that gospel cant be anything but a joke.

For the record if you think Ingram is this franchise player you are on drugs. Randel is better.
Jaylen brown? Hes a very good player but a guy like Tatum is superior and he plays for a great coach. Simmons hall of a player and imho Murray is the 2nd best from that class.

Even your buddies wont jump to your defense that's how much of a joke your comments are.

You've never seen EJ play and you are trying to argue hes UKs best NBA talent.

He could very well be. But who the hell knows lol. I'll withhold judgment till I see him on the court

Oh and superstar.. guys ranked higher than him have crashed and burned lmfao

Cause even Jordan and Kobe were not number 1 overall picks...

You misspelled "I'm sorry KYJeff1, I have no earthy idea what I'm talking about".
You really should get spellcheck.

You should really drop your argument and hope the mods erase this thread cause that's how embarrassed you should be. I really hope you are 15 to 20 years old. Only way I could give you a pass on your pathetic embarrassing argument.

Literally every word you wrote was inaccurate. Not 1 sentence even came close to making sense

Wenyen and Dakari said hello lol

Booker should of just stop playing cause a few idiots didn't rank him top 15

So you admitted you never saw ej play

I called shai, unlike most here I dont lie

Selby okafor skal all number 1 overall
How they doing ? For that matter Wiggins maybe fultz

Where was Leonard or Westbrook rated?

Glad picking a guy in top 10 recruits is automatic lol
Cliff Robinson said hello

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NBA_draft. Learn something. That draft absolutely sucks with only the noel draft class being worse.

No clue what planet you live on. But anyone who reads top 10 on some recruiting ranking and considers that gospel cant be anything but a joke.

For the record if you think Ingram is this franchise player you are on drugs. Randel is better.
Jaylen brown? Hes a very good player but a guy like Tatum is superior and he plays for a great coach. Simmons hall of a player and imho Murray is the 2nd best from that class.

Even your buddies wont jump to your defense that's how much of a joke your comments are.

You've never seen EJ play and you are trying to argue hes UKs best NBA talent.

He could very well be. But who the hell knows lol. I'll withhold judgment till I see him on the court

Oh and superstar.. guys ranked higher than him have crashed and burned lmfao

Cause even Jordan and Kobe were not number 1 overall picks...
Why do you think we need to watch hours of film on a guy to know he's got great NBA potential? What do you think the internet is for? Go read up on the guy.
Also, I couldn't care less what players from other schools did, Cal has more than proven himself when it comes to putting HS kids into the NBA and making them stick. Go ahead and rry to deny that.

Last edited:
You should really drop your argument and hope the mods erase this thread cause that's how embarrassed you should be. I really hope you are 15 to 20 years old. Only way I could give you a pass on your pathetic embarrassing argument.

Literally every word you wrote was inaccurate. Not 1 sentence even came close to making sense

Wenyen and Dakari said hello lol

Booker should of just stop playing cause a few idiots didn't rank him top 15
That crap isn't going to work, nobody here is going to bye that old "you are wrong, nothing you said is accurate...." crap on here. You didn't prove much of anything beyond a couple of known project guys that actually did come back for their sophomore seasons.
You also said Lyles and EJ are comparable because they're both 4's among many other inaccuracies.
Nice try though. A for effort.

Last edited:
That crap isn't going to work, nobody here is going to by that old "you are wrong, nothing you said is accurate...." crap on here. You didn't prove much of anything beyond a couple of guys that actually did come back for their sophomore seasons.
You also said Lylesvand EJ are comparable because they're both 4's anong many other inaccuracies.
Nice try though. A for effort.

Compared Lyles to ej for playing the same position

Compared Lyles to EJ and this same time in their career Lyles was further along

Please continue watching YouTube clips. Bye

Vando was 2nd rd

Pj stayed

If you want to know why his ceiling is the highest (although I'd put Keldon right there with him) just listen to Calipari. Calipari doesn't like to pile pressure on freshmen if they aren't capable of meeting expectations. He downplayed Goodwin, Poythress, Noel, Skal, Richards, the twins, etc. When it comes to his bigs, he's never compared any of them - save Towns - to Davis.

That changed when EJ showed up. He's compared EJ's offensive skill set to that of Davis. That is pretty significant when one follows the realities of how Calipari discusses his incoming players.

And he should have come back again and again, he never had NBA game. Credit card hops and weak hands.
Good call on both Dakari and Wenyen, but compared to all that left after their frosh seasons, it's a drop in the bucket
Both were 5 stars and both were either a 4 or 5. Admit it. You’re talking out of your ass making guarantees. Montgomery might very well only be here 1 year, but you claiming it’s a certainty is ridiculous.

Both were 5 stars and both were either a 4 or 5. Admit it. You’re talking out of your ass making guarantees. Montgomery might very well only be here 1 year, but you claiming it’s a certainty is ridiculous.

Obviously there are no certainties, but unless EJ has an injury or turns out to be one of Cal's most disappointing freshman ever, he'll be a good bet for going pro after one year.

I also think we have this 5 star guy (playing the 4 spot) for his sophomore year THIS year. Now, what’s his name? Oh yeah, P.J.

P.J.'s never been compared to Anthony Davis like EJ has.

EJ's game is suited for the stretch four that NBA GMs salivate over. He's no tweener. He'll give an NBA team a legitimate four man.

Obviously there are no certainties, but unless EJ has an injury or turns out to be one of Cal's most disappointing freshman ever, he'll be a good bet for going pro after one year.

My point is simple. Stating Montgomery is 100% gone after his freshman year is stupid. He probably is, but it’s not guaranteed.

EJ's game is suited for the stretch four that NBA GMs salivate over. He's no tweener. He'll give an NBA team a legitimate four man.

Go back and read jeff’s Post. He said 5 star players playing the 4 or 5 spots are basically one year players automatically. He’s been proven wrong. Those are the facts.

Skal was compared to Davis as well. It was a stupid comparison.

Skal was compared to Davis as well. It was a stupid comparison.

Not by Cal. That was the basis of my point. Cal compared EJ to Davis when he has not done that for Skal, Richards, Johnson, Bam, and others.

"He's not that. Believe me, Anthony Davis is a freak of nature. I mean, Anthony Davis I'm guessing within the next few years will be the best player in the universe. Like, the universe, OK? So like Skal – all these kids are different. They have different mental makeups. They have different work capacities. They have different toughness about them because of how they were brought up. They're all different."

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2015/10/...hoots-down-anthony-davis-comparisons-for-skal

If you want to know why his ceiling is the highest (although I'd put Keldon right there with him) just listen to Calipari. Calipari doesn't like to pile pressure on freshmen if they aren't capable of meeting expectations. He downplayed Goodwin, Poythress, Noel, Skal, Richards, the twins, etc. When it comes to his bigs, he's never compared any of them - save Towns - to Davis.

That changed when EJ showed up. He's compared EJ's offensive skill set to that of Davis. That is pretty significant when one follows the realities of how Calipari discusses his incoming players.
Didn't you hear, we as fans must watch hours of game film to determine whether a player is a one and done or not. What Cal and a bunch of experts say means nothing.

Okay cool, it's not a 100% guarantee that EJ will leave after his freshman year, there never are zny guarantees, especially when a kid vould get injured early.
But EJ is a top 10 recruit in a strong class and he's playing for Cal at UK. It doesn't get much more certain than that.
But yeah, anytbing is possible.

My point is simple. Stating Montgomery is 100% gone after his freshman year is stupid. He probably is, but it’s not guaranteed.
I have no problem with that. Nobody is 100% guaranteed to go. Heck, a kid at LSU just got shot and killed, his percentage just went to 0. Anything can happen.
But, if EJ performs the way Cal and every other analyst alive thinks, he's gone.
Thinking a kid of EJ's calibre is going to return to UK for a second year just defies the odds, especially at UK.

Last edited:
Didn't you hear, we as fans must watch hours of game film to determine whether a player is a one and done or not. What Cal and a bunch of experts say means nothing.

I think it comes down to attempting a middle road. Yes, obviously there are cases of kids coming back, so there are no definitive projections for any particular kid. That said, can anyone name a kid who performed at a top 20 pick level as a freshman who ended up returning?

The only ones I can think of (in the Cal era) were Terrence Jones and Patterson. If EJ meets expectations and goes pro after on year, that's a good thing because it meant he contributed to what might end up being a national title team.

If he comes back, it means something probably went wrong from his own contribution level.

Go back and read jeff’s Post. He said 5 star players playing the 4 or 5 spots are basically one year players automatically. He’s been proven wrong. Those are the facts.
Wait, which is it? Did I say "basically" or did I say 100% gone? Guess I need to go back and look at what I said. But you're saying two different things in your posts about what I said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT