ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Daniels Changes McDaniels pick to Undecided

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it folks were giddy earlier today by some info on HOB then now Evan changes pick to foggy and everyone is freaking out? Was the info on HOB bad info?

I still think we get him, just a hunch
giphy.gif

Matt Jones Periscope:

Said he’s done predicting on McDaniels but if Evan switched his pick then he must have heard something .

Also said EJ Montgomery could leave if a team guarantees his contract as a second round pick .
Top 10 recruit, buried on the bench behind an All-American, easy sell to an NBA team to take him in round 2 and stash him. Guaranteed round 2 money isn't a big investment and we are seeing more and more these days (Ulis got one ... already out of the league).

Matt Jones Periscope:

Said he’s done predicting on McDaniels but if Evan switched his pick then he must have heard something .

Also said EJ Montgomery could leave if a team guarantees his contract as a second round pick .

I listened in for a bit on his periscope as well—he’s very confident Daniels knows something. Even mentioned Evan could explain it but said several times he has faith in Evan’s recruiting sources.

I don’t know what to think. Honestly—not a sour grapes thing at all—I would take Blackshear and be thrilled. Matt said there’s a better chance right now we get Blackshear in his mind. But I think that was more in reference to him thinking the JM ship has sailed.

I would love to have McDaniels and he is the cooler addition being the high upside NBA player. However, Blackshear would clearly be the better addition to help get wins next year. Blackshear is a proven low post scorer and rebounder against good Division I talent.

I would love to have both, but would be happy with either.

I listened in for a bit on his periscope as well—he’s very confident Daniels knows something. Even mentioned Evan could explain it but said several times he has faith in Evan’s recruiting sources.

I don’t know what to think. Honestly—not a sour grapes thing at all—I would take Blackshear and be thrilled. Matt said there’s a better chance right now we get Blackshear in his mind. But I think that was more in reference to him thinking the JM ship has sailed.
I missed the Blackshear part because he started talking about too many random things lol. Thanks for that mention.

If there is a positive I guess it is that Evan Daniels didn’t switch the pick to another team.

What was the info on HOB that had everyone so sure earlier today? Did that just fly out the window? Lol. I still say he cometh.

Someone posted that they received a text early in morning saying he gave a verbal.

Top 10 recruit, buried on the bench behind an All-American, easy sell to an NBA team to take him in round 2 and stash him. Guaranteed round 2 money isn't a big investment and we are seeing more and more these days (Ulis got one ... already out of the league).

Ulis is a different story. EJ still has tons of potential and room for growth. Tyler was limited by his size.

I would love to have McDaniels and he is the cooler addition being the high upside NBA player. However, Blackshear would clearly be the better addition to help get wins next year. Blackshear is a proven low post scorer and rebounder against good Division I talent.

I would love to have both, but would be happy with either.

Give me Blackshear everyday of the week.

Unless either one Ej or Richards reaches their potential. They both have the physical tools to be double double machines. Counting Brooks and Sestina that gives us 4 people who can play the post.

That being said I would rather have KB. The guy is a proven high level college talent.

Brooks agreed to come here to play in the post?

How is it folks were giddy earlier today by some info on HOB then now Evan changes pick to foggy and everyone is freaking out? Was the info on HOB bad info?

Totally worth the money. [winking]

I missed the Blackshear part because he started talking about too many random things lol. Thanks for that mention.

If there is a positive I guess it is that Evan Daniels didn’t switch the pick to another team.

Yeah I don’t usually drop in on the periscopes. But since this news today keeps flip flopping thought it would be worth it since I figured he’d spoken to Daniels.

I agree on the not picking another team part.

Love to have the kid. Hope he signs. If he decides elsewhere I will wish him luck and hope we can get Blackshear. If Blackshear stays in college we have to be out front there I would think.

I never quite get why people hang on every word to what a UL fan says. My faith UK will land Mcdaniels is not effected what one or another by what Daniels or meyers say as that would be asinine as they , all of them including Daniels , are an echo chamber. I do think JM has made decision and told the coaches but I also could believe he is getting very pissed at his decision being all over the internet when he wants to do it himself. You can't be so dumb that you let that change your pick can you? Either way this will be over in less then 2 days .

He definitely seems to know something. Made it sound like ED told him something in their conversation. I definitely trust Matt, unlike some people around here. Im thinking its UW.

Reactions: Atrain7732
Ulis is a different story. EJ still has tons of potential and room for growth. Tyler was limited by his size.
Doesn't mean he will realize his potential. Simply saying, a second round guarantee doesn't guarantee much beyond 2 years.

I never quite get why people hang on every word to what a UL fan says. My faith UK will land Mcdaniels is not effected what one or another by what Daniels or meyers say as that would be asinine as they , all of them including Daniels , are an echo chamber. I do think JM has made decision and told the coaches but I also could believe he is getting very pissed at his decision being all over the internet when he wants to do it himself. We sa

What does him being a UL fan have to do with anything??

We don't even know if Blackshear will return to college.
A player as good as some are making him out to be you would think he would be a first round pick. He put up good numbers against great competition so I guess we will have to wait and see. I think he stays in the draft though.

Yeah I don’t usually drop in on the periscopes. But since this news today keeps flip flopping thought it would be worth it since I figured he’d spoken to Daniels.

I agree on the not picking another team part.

Love to have the kid. Hope he signs. If he decides elsewhere I will wish him luck and hope we can get Blackshear. If Blackshear stays in college we have to be out front there I would think.

No, you don’t. No need to be pc amongst friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT