ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone Needs to Calm Down!!!

There are close to 2000 basketball players in the Transfer Portal today.

I feel pretty confident CMP can pick us 10 or 12 good ones out of that pool of players to at least be competitive next year.

Heck, we may even win a couple of games in the tournament(s) next year.

That would be a huge improvement.

Give the man time to get the right mix of players that he wants to coach.
Based on what? Not freaking out cuz I expect us to not be very good next year. He has a few years to prove himself, strap in for the first couple.

Reactions: cathouse
Didn't say everyone was " freaking out".
I said everyone needs to calm down.

Some fans are freaking out. Most understand how bad Cal left the program. CMP is starting from scratch.

Ray Charles could see that coming whenever Cal left.
When do you tell somebody to calm down genius? When they’re freaking out…

• Haha
Based on what? Not freaking out cuz I expect us to not be very good next year. He has a few years to prove himself, strap in for the first couple.
If you are not worried yet you are not paying attention, not a UK fan or you wear rose colored glasses everywhere you go.

200w.gif

• Haha
I (weirdly) am a little calmer over the last couple of days. Very few of the "talented" portal guys have made their choice and moved on. The new landscape of college basketball. I want news as much as anyone. My wife asks why I am always on my phone now. LOL.

If I have any questions at all about how Pope is going to build the roster, it's with adding depth from spots 7 to 13.
To play a pressing style, we must have depth. I think our starters will be fine when all is said and done but I'm hoping we can add some quality depth players. I guess we will find out.

Jmo but if today closes out without some news, there is cause for concern. Not major concern, but concern nonetheless.

We were sold this hire had to be made when it was to jump into the portal. We committed the most money to nil of any major cbb program iirc. Other programs are getting good portal guys. Our lead recruiter apparently can't hit the road for another week.

So far it seems we had only one guy on a visit. Not saw anything on more yet. I know we have the BYU freshman and the probable transfer, but for the money we're willing to spend we need to start getting some impact guys.

Jmo but if today closes out without some news, there is cause for concern. Not major concern, but concern nonetheless.

We were sold this hire had to be made when it was to jump into the portal. We committed the most money to nil of any major cbb program iirc. Other programs are getting good portal guys. Our lead recruiter apparently can't hit the road for another week.

So far it seems we had only one guy on a visit. Not saw anything on more yet. I know we have the BYU freshman and the probable transfer, but for the money we're willing to spend we need to start getting some impact guys.
I like the slow form of what he is doing. He is going after guys that fit the system he wants to run. I think he will get the team he wants. There are players in this portal that are better than most one and done's we got last year. Patience is needed from all of us in the next month or so. The fifth year seniors hit the portal May 1st, that will bring another batch of talent to go over.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
No I’m leaving, begrudgingly. I have to socialize because I’m a social butterfly
I’m a butterfly in social settings but a caterpillar at home .

EDIT: Actually I’m more like a Moth in social settings because I do much better at night and I’m not really that pretty.

Is “news” usually announced on Sundays? I would think that they would want positive news announced on Mondays .

I like the slow form of what he is doing. He is going after guys that fit the system he wants to run. I think he will get the team he wants. There are players in this portal that are better than most one and done's we got last year. Patience is needed from all of us in the next month or so. The fifth year seniors hit the portal May 1st, that will bring another batch of talent to go over.
No doubt the portal isn't finished adding players to it yet. I know he's going over players that will fit what we wants to build and that's going to take a little time.
Like I said earlier, I think our starting unit will be fine, I'm just hoping that we add the quality depth pieces we will need to finish this puzzle.
I'm confident we will have a competitive roster and I preach patience so I'm going to have to follow my own advice, lol.

Reactions: CBBCrazy

I feel pretty confident CMP can pick us 10 or 12 good ones out of that pool of players to at least be competitive next year.

I wouldn’t say “everyone “ . Just unreasonable impetuous people. Sensible people seem to be doing okay.

I am so glad you called me out yesterday for my misinterpreting of your post.
Now that I've reread it, I SEE 😂 what you're saying.
It's refreshing to know that not everyone thinks Rome is burning.
Tim

Slow? Reports said we contacted nearly ever player in the portal. That's hardly going slow.

Is “news” usually announced on Sundays? I would think that they would want positive news announced on Mondays .

Depends on how you define news. I don't expect a breaking news bulletin or anything, but we should hear something positive by end of today or it seems our top big man target will at best cost us more than we want to pay or at worst will go to a higher bidder.

Slow? Reports said we contacted nearly ever player in the portal. That's hardly going slow.

Depends on how you define news. I don't expect a breaking news bulletin or anything, but we should hear something positive by end of today or it seems our top big man target will at best cost us more than we want to pay or at worst will go to a higher bidder.
I know he is seeing any and everyone he can. I think methodical instead of slow would have been a better choice of words.

I am so glad you called me out yesterday for my misinterpreting of your post.
Now that I've reread it, I SEE 😂 what you're saying.
It's refreshing to know that not everyone thinks Rome is burning.
Tim
It's all good man. We all want the same thing. At least all the UK fans want the same thing.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT