ADVERTISEMENT

Eugene from Kentucky?

TheDude1

Sophomore
Apr 15, 2010
So was listening to Howard Stern, and they had on Eugene from Kentucky, a regular caller who is apparently a huge UK fan... was in NYC a few years ago for a UK game wearing a UK-blue duster. Just wanted to see if this person is known here...?

Reactions: ashlandcatfan600
So was listening to Howard Stern, and they had on Eugene from Kentucky, a regular caller who is apparently a huge UK fan... was in NYC a few years ago for a UK game wearing a UK-blue duster. Just wanted to see if this person is known here...?
Can't say I've heard of him.

He’s a fake. Made up caller for the show. He may be a real person, but his accent and material was produced.

You think? I know people suspect a lot of that, but it always seemed a bit conspiracy-theory to me? Like... when Shuli (sp?) said offhand that he met Eugene a few years ago in NYC when he came in for a UK game, you think someone on staff researched something that obscure?

She is a nice lady.

No. He’s not. Not even close. I’m guessing you listen casually?

Trust me. Eugene is a real person and not produced. I’d bet whatever. He’s been to New York and met with staffers. And that’s why Matt Jones met him.

There are people with that accent in that part of the state.

You think? I know people suspect a lot of that, but it always seemed a bit conspiracy-theory to me? Like... when Shuli (sp?) said offhand that he met Eugene a few years ago in NYC when he came in for a UK game, you think someone on staff researched something that obscure?
He’s wrong. That’s Matt Jones(who listens to Stern) with him and that’s why he met with him. Because he heard him.

Believe what you will. I listen to the Stern everyday. Have listened since 1990. Everyday. I could give you lots of info about this guy, but I don’t have time. Do some research about it. As I said, he’s a real person, but a lot of the material was produced. This is not something Howard has done - very rarely. But it was called out by lots of people who are very avid followers; and I’m talking about people who have dedicated their lives to Stern. One of the giveaways was when Eugene was named caller of the month. Stern has never named a caller of the month. He said on one of his shows, in review, “it’s time to name the caller of the month as we have done for years.” Never happened before.

he’s a real person, went to NYC. Called in regularly, met Matt, sent Howard a gift, yada yada. Of course, all really happened. But the premise of “Eugene from Kentucky” was produced. Is his accent real? I’ll give you that maybe it is. But the basis of his calls came from producers.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I called the show about Eugene from Kentucky. I wanted to meet him in Waddy (as I drove through Waddy four times per week). My call was answered by a producer, where I asked my questions. I was put through to Howard, asked my question, and was cut out of the feed. I have been put through to Howard numerous times, this was the only time it was cut before air. That tells me my feelings are correct.

Believe whatever you want. The Stern Show is the best radio show in the history of radio. I pay to listen. But this is an example of the very rare bullshit Howard has let go through the air.

Reactions: BlueSince92
I heard that interview as well. He has a funny accent. FYI it’s really hard to listen to Howard Stern these days.

Believe what you will. I listen to the Stern everyday. Have listened since 1990. Everyday. I could give you lots of info about this guy, but I don’t have time. Do some research about it. As I said, he’s a real person, but a lot of the material was produced. This is not something Howard has done - very rarely. But it was called out by lots of people who are very avid followers; and I’m talking about people who have dedicated their lives to Stern. One of the giveaways was when Eugene was named caller of the month. Stern has never named a caller of the month. He said on one of his shows, in review, “it’s time to name the caller of the month as we have done for years.” Never happened before.

he’s a real person, went to NYC. Called in regularly, met Matt, sent Howard a gift, yada yada. Of course, all really happened. But the premise of “Eugene from Kentucky” was produced. Is his accent real? I’ll give you that maybe it is. But the basis of his calls came from producers.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I called the show about Eugene from Kentucky. I wanted to meet him in Waddy (as I drove through Waddy four times per week). My call was answered by a producer, where I asked my questions. I was put through to Howard, asked my question, and was cut out of the feed. I have been put through to Howard numerous times, this was the only time it was cut before air. That tells me my feelings are correct.

Believe whatever you want. The Stern Show is the best radio show in the history of radio. I pay to listen. But this is an example of the very rare bullshit Howard has let go through the air.
It used to be until Stern turned extreme ultra Lib!

I heard that interview as well. He has a funny accent. FYI it’s really hard to listen to Howard Stern these days.

the show is not as good since Howard went to 7 am. Still the best, but he’s let a lot go on that would have never been aired in the past. I’m telling you, I know more about the Stern Show than probably anyone else on this board. He’s comfortable. He’s close to retiring the show as it is now. He’s relaxing a bit. Lost some of his fire. But it’s understandable. He’s worked harder than anyone in radio to become what he is.

I'm guessing people hear Eugene's accent and think EKy or maybe the farm country of WKy. But, isn't Waddy just off the Interstate, roughly half-way between Louisville and Frankfort?

Anyway, I think Eugene's speech is somewhat produced (by him). He over does it for effect. I'm from as far into the sticks as you can get, and I hear plenty of good folks with some heavy accents. But, I've always known that part of the accents and word choice for some of my friends and acquaintances is to maintain "Country cred."

Reactions: TheKentuckyKid
I'm guessing people hear Eugene's accent and think EKy or maybe the farm country of WKy. But, isn't Waddy just off the Interstate, roughly half-way between Louisville and Frankfort?

Anyway, I think Eugene's speech is somewhat produced (by him). He over does it for effect. I'm from as far into the sticks as you can get, and I hear plenty of good folks with some heavy accents. But, I've always known that part of the accents and word choice for some of my friends and acquaintances is to maintain "Country cred."

Definitely played it up.

m guessing people hear Eugene's accent and think EKy or maybe the farm country of WKy. But, isn't Waddy just off the Interstate, roughly half-way between Louisville and Frankfort?

Yes it is. And your point?

I love people that think they know something, and truth be told, they don’t know shit. Come visit waddy. Pure rural area. We’ve got 3 the truck stops. If that’s not redneck enough, I’m not sure what is. The town doesn’t even have a stop light. It’s pure farm land, littered with good ole boys and rednecks. Hell, we’ve got tractor pulls all summer every summer.

At the end of the day, I don’t give a shit if Eugene is “real” or not. He’s from waddy, and his accent isn’t the worst one I’ve heard. Honestly, I’ll respect @BlueWorldOrder74 and his take. If he’s really out here investigating it, more power to him. But the fact that Waddy is between Frankfort and Louisville doesn’t mean a damn thing.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
My point, Mike, was that many people may have presumed Eugene was from EKy or WKy due to the speech pattern.

He may be. I don’t know his life story. I’ve seen him around waddy.

@Mike-D, like I said, maybe his accent is real. Maybe he hammed it up a bit. I live in Lex and work in Louisville. I stopped in Waddy four times per week for 8 years. I met many people there with accents similar. I never met Eugene. I’m just talking about his material on the show. I’m a huge Stern Show follower. I’ve had the privilege of talking to Howard, Robin, Fred, and Gary quite a bit. I love the show. But I stick by my statements on the material. All good.

Reactions: Mike-D
Eugene is a great caller.

I don’t understand what BlueWorldOrder is arguing.

Is your only complaint that Eugene is hamming his accent? What else is fake?

I’ve listened/watched Howard Stern since I checked out Private Parts from the library when I was a ninth grader in 1992.

Most callers are awful. I think Stern likes Eugene because the guy offers an interesting POV that Howard and Robin didn’t really expect.

Eugene is a great caller.

I don’t understand what BlueWorldOrder is arguing.

Is your only complaint that Eugene is hamming his accent? What else is fake?

I’ve listened/watched Howard Stern since I checked out Private Parts from the library when I was a ninth grader in 1992.

Most callers are awful. I think Stern likes Eugene because the guy offers an interesting POV that Howard and Robin didn’t really expect.

I think what he is saying is that what the guy is saying is not genuine… That it is somewhat scripted and written.

Believe

At Howard numerous times, this was the only time it was cut before air. That tells me my feelings are correct..

Your feelings? So you don’t actually no shit but are acting very matter of fact that you know exactly the situation? Enough to tell people point blank they’re wrong? Way to perfectly sum up society and the internet as it is today.

Your feelings? So you don’t actually no shit but are acting very matter of fact that you know exactly the situation? Enough to tell people point blank they’re wrong? Way to perfectly sum up society and the internet as it is today.

I said believe what you want. So believe what you want. Way to put me in my place amigo. If you think my post on a message board sums up all of society, you’re either the biggest snow flake in the world, or just not very brIght.

I said believe what you want. So believe what you want. Way to put me in my place amigo. If you think my post on a message board sums up all of society, you’re either the biggest snow flake in the world, or just not very brIght.

There is nothing about believe what you want, either you know or you don’t. You clearly don’t, so stop acting like you do. Pretty simple.

I wouldn’t say he’s extreme ultra lib. But he’s getting older, spending his time with his wife, doing things he truly loves more and spending slightly less time on show. It happens.
I’ve listened everyday since 08, I use to absolutely love it until stern became so anti trump. I’d rather have no political talk and just have stern do the show like he did a few years back example, Eric the midget years. ETM was the best lol!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT