ADVERTISEMENT

Eugene from Kentucky?

@Mike-D, like I said, maybe his accent is real. Maybe he hammed it up a bit. I live in Lex and work in Louisville. I stopped in Waddy four times per week for 8 years. I met many people there with accents similar. I never met Eugene. I’m just talking about his material on the show. I’m a huge Stern Show follower. I’ve had the privilege of talking to Howard, Robin, Fred, and Gary quite a bit. I love the show. But I stick by my statements on the material. All good.
Hit em with the Heeeeiiiiiiinnnnn

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
Another missed PAT

It’s not a problem or anything. Nothing to see here.

Thought this was a Walking Dead / mullet care thread.
8b8d31fe5abb654a4d700fb5b0bae71b6446d3e7.jpg

I'm guessing people hear Eugene's accent and think EKy or maybe the farm country of WKy. But, isn't Waddy just off the Interstate, roughly half-way between Louisville and Frankfort?

Anyway, I think Eugene's speech is somewhat produced (by him). He over does it for effect. I'm from as far into the sticks as you can get, and I hear plenty of good folks with some heavy accents. But, I've always known that part of the accents and word choice for some of my friends and acquaintances is to maintain "Country cred."
I'm from the farm country in WKY. Steeped in it, in fact. I have NEVER heard anyone from that area speak the way dude from Waddy does. Never.

Reactions: G-PIP
I can tell you his last call wasn’t “produced”. He started off asking about Artie and you can tell it made Howard uncomfortable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT