ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Phantom of the Flopera.

Rideordiewildcat

All-American
Jan 30, 2018
Louisville, Ky (Behind enemy lines)
Last night in the yearly award the college BB nominee was Cooper from AUB. As he should be. Remember when he supposedly caught an elbow from Mintz, but upon further review, he never touched him and Cooper was laughing. The NBA nominee was a Dookie Trent Jr. with that crazy flop into the crowd from SGA. Of course, SGA didn't touch him and was laughing his ass off. They had one for each sport, but the overall winner was Trent Jr. a Dookie. Some of these are hilarious. However, the refs are the ones that really need to clean this stuff up.

They need to stop being so gullible. I think the Cooper one was even reviewed because it was an elbow (Not really) and they stuck with the flagrant call LMFAO. The refs were bad in college BB this year. This is just one clear example to show how clear and crazy this call was and when given a chance to fix it with a review they still didn't. These are funny, but the refs can stop this by calling a flagrant on the floppers.

First flop should be a warning to both teams and the next counts as a technical foul with FTs and possession. Gotta stop this crap.
Why in the world would you issue a warning? It's a violation, call it. You don't get a warning for the first time you make a shot .1 sec after the shot clock. You don't get a warning when you hammer a guy on the arm while he goes for a layup. No warning for a 5 second inbound violation. No warning for a back court violation. I fail to see how warning for a violation does anything to curb the behavior.

First flop should be a warning to both teams and the next counts as a technical foul with FTs and possession. Gotta stop this crap.

No. First flop is a technical. They know or should know the rules. And they certainly know when they are flopping.

1 shot and the ball if the flopper is on offense
2shots and the ball if the flopper is on defense
And counts as personal foul on the flopper

In 2019 a rule was passed about flopping. First time is a delay of game warning. I have seen it called but very rarely. The Cooper play was awful when they reviewed that play the foul should of been called off. The ball should of been awarded to us. He was laughing about it. If I was a ref in that game he would never get another charge call. He did that move in a bunch of other games I saw him play. Why don’t the refs talk about him doing that and watch for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Last night in the yearly award the college BB nominee was Cooper from AUB. As he should be. Remember when he supposedly caught an elbow from Mintz, but upon further review, he never touched him and Cooper was laughing. The NBA nominee was a Dookie Trent Jr. with that crazy flop into the crowd from SGA. Of course, SGA didn't touch him and was laughing his ass off. They had one for each sport, but the overall winner was Trent Jr. a Dookie. Some of these are hilarious. However, the refs are the ones that really need to clean this stuff up.

They need to stop being so gullible. I think the Cooper one was even reviewed because it was an elbow (Not really) and they stuck with the flagrant call LMFAO. The refs were bad in college BB this year. This is just one clear example to show how clear and crazy this call was and when given a chance to fix it with a review they still didn't. These are funny, but the refs can stop this by calling a flagrant on the floppers.

The fact they let the call stand is amazing and shows how bad they are. They won’t even admit they were wrong.

No. First flop is a technical. They know or should know the rules. And they certainly know when they are flopping.

1 shot and the ball if the flopper is on offense
2shots and the ball if the flopper is on defense
And counts as personal foul on the flopper
I would love to see the guys who are so used to it cost their team a game because the got hit by the sniper in the upper deck.

"Pretending" in any sport is an attempt to cheat. Should be called a technical in-game and fined out of games until they get rid of it. Hurts the game, makes the players look bad, makes the refs look awful, no place for it in all of sport.

Oh my the UK one was great because they didn’t call it but man the spider web is hilarious. Like WTF? He needs to trade in his man card for that one. You should be forced to be called Kaitlyn after than one.
Yep...he should sit in a corner with a pussyhat on... [laughing]

It really does feel like coach K teaches flopping. So many dookies do it over different seasons. Sadly it seems like he has helped flopping take root in the college game. We didn't use to see this crap that much and now it is common in most games. I mean I know he has no moral compass after he ripped that Oregon kid for just not taking a shot clock violation. He's such a little rat.

First flop of season = ejection from game. 2nd flop of season = 30 day suspension without pay.
3rd flop of season = end of season without pay. Flopping should be treated as a serious offense as performance enhancing drugs. It’s cheating and should be dealt with harshly. If guys are still stupid enough to do it then that’s in them. 4th career flop = lifetime ban, go flip burgers for a living, I don’t care!!!

Funny thing about this whole thread is that in this ESPIN segment, they have a sound bite of Cal saying, “they’re flopping all over the place.” That was at halftime of our 2013 game against duke. It’s hilarious actually. How ironic that is! 😆
People may not be as happy with Cal as they once were but he’s never made us look like flopping fools.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I wanna know how many games Durant, Kylie, and Harden have played together. I see everyday almost where Kylie didn’t show up or Durant is out another 10 days.
Exactly what I told my wife when they assembled that team. I said those three guys are out of the lineup or hurt a whole lot. This season has been no different.

Last edited:
Worst play in basketball and there’s no close second. Ole K should be condemned for basically introducing this terrible type of play into college basketball. There should’ve been rules implemented long ago to stop this BS. I have always referred to it as pussy ball.
Coach K may have introduced it but Kemba and Shabazz at UConn perfected it.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
In 2019 a rule was passed about flopping. First time is a delay of game warning. I have seen it called but very rarely. The Cooper play was awful when they reviewed that play the foul should of been called off. The ball should of been awarded to us. He was laughing about it. If I was a ref in that game he would never get another charge call. He did that move in a bunch of other games I saw him play. Why don’t the refs talk about he doing that and watch for it.

Exactly. Just like block/charge the rules are there to prevent the problem but the pathetic officials don't follow them.

I certainly don't understand how habitual floppers keep getting calls. After the refs saw on the monitor that cooper wasn't even touched, that should've been the last call he got that game and the last flop called for him that season.

That tells you how pathetic the refs really are. Not only do they fall for flops, but they fall for flops repeatedly by the same player knowing he has a history of flopping

Exactly what I told my wife when they assembled that team. I said those three guys are out of the lineup or hurt a whole lot. This season has been no different.
All they have to do is play during the playoffs but for real if I was a fan and they get paid all that money I’d hate to never see them play. The league has gone to shit anyway so who cares lol.

Exactly. Just like block/charge the rules are there to prevent the problem but the pathetic officials don't follow them.

I certainly don't understand how habitual floppers keep getting calls. After the refs saw on the monitor that cooper wasn't even touched, that should've been the last call he got that game and the last flop called for him that season.

That tells you how pathetic the refs really are. Not only do they fall for flops, but they fall for flops repeatedly by the same player knowing he has a history of flopping
The top 3 jobs that people can do horribly on and still keep their jobs has to be referees, weathermen and fast food workers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT