ADVERTISEMENT

Emotionally spent.

I hope whoever the next coach has some balls. This waiting around garbage for kids to make up ther minds is ridiculous. Either you go or don't. If u have to think this long about it maybe it ain't for u. Imagine how many transfers and recruits we have lost the past ten years because of wishy washy kids.
Why worry about something you have no control over.

I hope whoever the next coach has some balls. This waiting around garbage for kids to make up ther minds is ridiculous. Either you go or don't. If u have to think this long about it maybe it ain't for u. Imagine how many transfers and recruits we have lost the past ten years because of wishy washy kids.
I would enjoy a nice pour of bourbon (or whatever else you enjoy), and look forward to the long weekend coming up. Seems to do the trick for most people.

I love Kentucky but my god dude. Go outside for a bit.

Man, if you’re really emotionally spent, then you spend way too much of your life worrying about Kentucky basketball. Just let everything play out. And when it does, then you can evaluate it

Reactions: pfunk4469
Man, if you’re really emotionally spent, then you spend way too much of your life worrying about Kentucky basketball. Just let everything play out. And when it does, then you can evaluate it
This. I’m not happy but it’s just wait and see right now.

Cal will be here until at least next spring. Just have to hope against hope that he’s got one last rabbit up his nethers.

I don't hold it against the kids. It's their future, so take every second you're allowed. But it does seem that Cal allows himself (and Kentucky) to be held hostage and seemingly not preparing for the worst. You don't need to fill all three spots, but he darn sure should have one or two legit replacemens on the bench already. You err on having to figure out min later, not potentially having no bench.

1984 = 3-33 in the 2nd half against G-town. I DID melt into a puddle of stinking goo. As a matter of fact, I'm beginning to again right now just thinking about it.
That game was hell on earth. 2015 was a tea party by comparison. Yes, Lots of stinking goo to be had in 1984. To this day I cringe at the thought of John Thompson. Thank heaven Rollie Massimino kicked his big ugly ass the next year.

There are 114 guys who still haven't made their mind up if they are staying in the draft or returning to school. 21 schools have multiple player who still haven't decided.

Naw Pfunk. The transfer portal stuff isn't going to magically go away now that the door has been flung wide open. Consequently I'm among those who have adopted the mindset that this stuff is exciting. Reminds me of when Sampson supposedly committed to come to UK with Bowie back in the day, only later to ink with Virginia on signing day. That was pretty exciting - until he signed to play in Charlottesville. Who knows what's going to happen between now and the first day of classes, so why not find a way to enjoy the unpredictability...

Kentucky is no longer a school that makes kids get starstruck over. Kids today can sign with a St. Pete or
an Arkansas and get more exposure in the tourney than UK offers. These kids don’t need UK. It’s the other way around now.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKrazycat2
You're forgetting that Cal taught us that ... it's all about the kids.

Valid complaints about the state of the program and the pumpers tell us we care too much.
You do not care anymore than they and I do . It is just that we do not whine, denigrate players and coaches and threaten to boycott attending games until Cal is gone. They and I are different from you in many ways when it comes to UK Basketball like the fact that we do believe Cal promises each player an opportunity to play but he doesnt promise the number of minutes they will play.

Valid complaints? Thats BS. A player that is being recruited to play here but wont come here due to possible competition and you blame Cal for that.

You do not care anymore than they and I do . It is just that we do not whine, denigrate players and coaches and threaten to boycott attending games until Cal is gone. They and I are different from you in many ways when it comes to UK Basketball like the fact that we do believe Cal promises each player an opportunity to play but he doesnt promise the number of minutes they will play.

Valid complaints? Thats BS. A player that is being recruited to play here but wont come here due to possible competition and you blame Cal for that.
I highly doubt you care at all. You support Cal over the program

Seriously? Emotionally spent? So you want young men to hurry up with their life decisions simply because you’re too emotionally frail to handle the wait?

What’s the world coming to?

Nah...he wants our coach to have a full roster. I've apologized for Cal plenty...this is absurd right now. We have 7 legit players....7. Even if we get Oscar and Reeves back we have 9. That is nutso with the injuries we've had here year after year.

Cal should be doing something to fill this roster out big picture. He sure as hell shouldn't be waiting on people to build around incredible talent he is bringing in.

Last edited:
Actually I do not.
Just curious, are you leading a campaign to remove everyone associated with the Reds front office? If not, why?

Anyone who gets emotionally spent over a sport has serious issues. Just IMO.
Come on guys. He didn’t say he was about to have a nervous breakdown lol. It’s frustrating. I’ll give him that. That’s all he’s saying.

Irony is the amount of damage cal and this program are willing to self inflict just so these kids can learn how I make "business decisions". This is not a professional model at all. It's just PC cover for athletes. Regular students be damned.

Nothing says we handle this operation like a professional youth development program like pissing away hundreds of thousands of dollars in free room/board/gear/"classes" along with subsidizing with NIL connections only to be hamstrung by tough roster decisions at the end of the season with zero ROI for the school or fans.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT