ADVERTISEMENT

Elzy fired.

lol at the caller just now on KSR.

“Go hire Dawn Staley”

Delusional. She’s on the verge of winning her second title at an SEC school. Why would she leave to UK? That’s a lateral if not a step down move.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Cal will have his day don’t worry the 9-16 year should’ve gotten him fired automatically any other coach at UK wouldn’t had survived it. Since his contract was setup so shitty he survived it but his lives are running out he will eventually get what Elzy got today it’s only a matter of time!
Name a coach that didn't get a pass on the covid year.
You know Duke didn't make the tournament that year either.
UK was at least a 3 seed the year before and a 2 seed the year after.
You also don't get fired for losing to a #15 seed or else K, Izzo, Self, Bennett and Sean Miller would have all been fired.
Pitino lost to a #13.

Name a coach that didn't get a pass on the covid year.
You know Duke didn't make the tournament that year either.
UK was at least a 3 seed the year before and a 2 seed the year after.
You also don't get fired for losing to a #15 seed or else K, Izzo, Self, Bennett and Sean Miller would have all been fired.
Pitino lost to a #13.
Cal hasn’t done anything that’d get any coach ‘fired ‘ yet . Not with a HOF background, especially. Not that it can’t happen , but hasn’t risen to the level of fired

They did her a favor. She gets to leave Kentucky with a winning record. She should find a good landing spot at a decent mid major.

Molly Miller from Grand Canyon would fit the criteria...

Molly_head_coach_shot.jpg
She’s got a great record and has done a phenomenal job her few years!

Reactions: ukjenning44
I suspect KP will get his pink slip Wednesday morning. Unless by some miracle UL wins tomorrow night.
I read UL can save 2 million in buyout cash if they wait till April 1st to fire him. His buyout goes down then as he passes another year there. You can’t wait to begin the search that long but 2 million is some cabbage.

It was time. Gave her opportunities. She had that good run to win the SECT. But hasn’t done much sense.

Wish her well and now time to find a new, better replacement.
Since. Not sense. You're welcome.

I read UL can save 2 million in buyout cash if they wait till April 1st to fire him. His buyout goes down then as he passes another year there. You can’t wait to begin the search that long but 2 million is some cabbage.
A job like UL ,maybe best of this cycle ….you can work behind the scenes at a hire and wait till April to officially fire

Keep an eye on Jan Jensen the longtime asst and associate head coach to Lisa Bluder at Iowa. She’s turned down power 5 jobs but word is she may be ready to move on for a good HC job after the year.

I would say if Mitchell wants to get back into coaching that Barnhart will go this route. He’s already familiar with Mitchell and will use the reasoning that Mitchell had the program going in the right direction prior to his health issue.

But like others pointed out, the landscape in College basketball has changed a lot since he last coached a game.

I would say if Mitchell wants to get back into coaching that Barnhart will go this route. He’s already familiar with Mitchell and will use the reasoning that Mitchell had the program going in the right direction prior to his health issue.

But like others pointed out, the landscape in College basketball has changed a lot since he last coached a game.
Hell yea it has! Nowadays you have to check all the women for testicles.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
I don't love going back to Mitchell but I don't hate it either. IF we do I feel we are missing our chance to get a young star on the rise like Molly Miller that could elevate the program nationally. Also hiring Mitchell back would be the most Mitch Barnhart thing ever. Safe and easy just how Barnhart likes it.

This is just my opinion, but I think we can do better than hiring Mitchell back. I liked him and thought he a did a good job. That being said, it appeared his program was slipping toward the end of his career. I think he would certainly elevate the program from where it is today, but I have doubts he can compete with SC and LSU. I hope they try to find the next great women's coach not just someone better than who we had.

I don't love going back to Mitchell but I don't hate it either. IF we do I feel we are missing our chance to get a young star on the rise like Molly Miller that could elevate the program nationally. Also hiring Mitchell back would be the most Mitch Barnhart thing ever. Safe and easy just how Barnhart likes it.
Mitchell was able to recruit like we never have . Like top 20 classes . If he just is able to do that, that’s about 80% of WBB…..there just isn’t a ton of players out there that can compete in the SEC ..you gotta get top 20-50 talent

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Youre the one that said elzy would not be fired due to diversity reasons
Actually I said there was no reason to fire her. She filled diversity quotas and it’s a spot few care about so I didn’t see a reason for change

Keep an eye on Jan Jensen the longtime asst and associate head coach to Lisa Bluder at Iowa. She’s turned down power 5 jobs but word is she may be ready to move on for a good HC job after the year.
That does nothing for me. Bluder made it out of the first weekend twice in the 20 years at Iowa prior to Clark. 24 years as an assistant at one school that's been mediocre until the greatest women's player of all time came is a no go for me. Here is my list in order:

1. USC (Southern Cal) head coach. With them moving to the Big Ten, she might not want the traveling and such that goes along with that.
2. UNLV head coach. Crazy good at 34 years old, but a UNLV grad and LV native.
3. Marshall head coach. Major success at the DII level and winning bigtime at Marshall
4. GCU head coach

This is just my opinion, but I think we can do better than hiring Mitchell back. I liked him and thought he a did a good job. That being said, it appeared his program was slipping toward the end of his career. I think he would certainly elevate the program from where it is today, but I have doubts he can compete with SC and LSU. I hope they try to find the next great women's coach not just someone better than who we had.
I agree 100%

lol at the caller just now on KSR.

“Go hire Dawn Staley”

Delusional. She’s on the verge of winning her second title at an SEC school. Why would she leave to UK? That’s a lateral if not a step down move.
Yes , hire her and Chapman as #1 asst. Make a good pair.

Reactions: JumperJack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT