ADVERTISEMENT

Elzy fired.

He should look at the Fairfield coach who is currently 27-1 and the Grand Canyon coach...Both have proven to be good coaches and not that it matters but both are really hot as well.

Mitch will want to stay in the Pat Summit tree and Kara Lawson is the only one that has a pulse. Duke is a good WBB gig, but Kentucky would be better and will inevitably have more resources over the next 10-15 years as the ACC crumbles. She would move the needle nationally and I think may even make a few of us pay more casual attention locally.

Reactions: K_TIME
"Apples to oranges" doesn't even do this justice. More like comparing apples to shower curtains. Just ignorant
Yea ok whatever you all say expectations of the men’s team are a little higher than the women’s team and we all know that Cal has been living up to those the last 5 years. 9-16 year , worst tournament loss in school history( 15 seeded Peacocks) , One NCAA tournament victory since 2019, the wins against ranked teams are pitiful the last several years. But sure buddy apples to oranges!

Yea ok whatever you all say expectations of the men’s team are a little higher than the women’s team and we all know that Cal has been living up to those the last 5 years. 9-16 year , worst tournament loss in school history( 15 seeded Peacocks) , One NCAA tournament victory since 2019, the wins against ranked teams are pitiful the last several years. But sure buddy apples to oranges!
Men's teams expectations are, let me get this right, "a little higher" than the women's? That's your stance?!?

Yeah, the 15-seed upset was brutal. Show me a blue-blood program with a loss like that who turned around and fired their coach. I'll wait. Go back and look at Duke's upsets, Purdue's upsets, Virginia - remember Virginia, first ever 1 seed to lose to a 16 and then turn around the next year and win the title. I bet they're pretty happy they didn't let posters on a forum decide the coach's future...

If you're going to have this conversation, at least be real enough to point out that the NCAA tournament was cancelled in 2020 when we had a prettttty decent team. So to say "since 2019" is a bit dumb

Reactions: jace2012
If you want a young coach with tremendous upside, I'd go with Kim Caldwell at Marshall. She's a winner and the fans in Lexington would love her style of play.

Men's teams expectations are, let me get this right, "a little higher" than the women's? That's your stance?!?

Yeah, the 15-seed upset was brutal. Show me a blue-blood program with a loss like that who turned around and fired their coach. I'll wait. Go back and look at Duke's upsets, Purdue's upsets, Virginia - remember Virginia, first ever 1 seed to lose to a 16 and then turn around the next year and win the title. I bet they're pretty happy they didn't let posters on a forum decide the coach's future...

If you're going to have this conversation, at least be real enough to point out that the NCAA tournament was cancelled in 2020 when we had a prettttty decent team. So to say "since 2019" is a bit dumb
Cal will have his day don’t worry the 9-16 year should’ve gotten him fired automatically any other coach at UK wouldn’t had survived it. Since his contract was setup so shitty he survived it but his lives are running out he will eventually get what Elzy got today it’s only a matter of time!

Reactions: Jeff2Reed
Just living in reality.

Good news and it is about time. Get a good coach and let them do some recruiting soon.

If you want a young coach with tremendous upside, I'd go with Kim Caldwell at Marshall. She's a winner and the fans in Lexington would love her style of play.
Yep, her and the coach at GCU already made the leap from DII success to success at DI....basically the Transy coach a step ahead of where she currently is.

Caldwell would be a great get. She went 68-4 in her last 2 years at Glenville State, including a DII national championship and Final Four. Marshall averages 86.1ppg (3rd highest in the nation). They went 17-14/9-9 last year under their previous coach and she is 23-6/17-1 so far this year.

She would be a great hire.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Is there any chance Mathew Mitchell gets his old job back?
I don't believe so. It's also worth noting that he kind of puttered out at UK. I would have loved to have seen what he could have done with Howard, but he went Round of 32, miss the tournament, Round of 32 in his last 4 seasons (COVID was the 4th). Seemed like he had hit his peek.

I would look at assistant coaches at South Carolina, Stanford, Oh St, Uconn, Iowa and so on. Those teams are perennial contenders, so I would imagine some of those coaches have the skills and recruiting abilities to build a program up.

They could always try to poach the Transy coach as well.

good, now hire a really hot chick to coach
Molly Miller from Grand Canyon would fit the criteria...

Molly_head_coach_shot.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT