ADVERTISEMENT

Edwards Rejected by Rim

CincyUKFan

Senior
Dec 1, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
For all the folks who think he's played his way back into the first round (which I never agreed with), getting rejected by the rim on national television may just seal his second-round/undrafted fate. I do not understand how a guy who is 6'8 and projected to be a top ten pick out of high school has so little athleticism and leaping ability. He misses dunks with no one near him.

I've been saying for at least 3 months he had no chance of getting drafted even in the 2nd round next
draft and I'd put money on it.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
And our bigs got worse. Poor Thiero for all of his energy struggles to even stand up. Has no offense as does Ugo.
Thiero could be better offensively than he has been but Cal has shaped him to be a grit guy and yes he is good at that stuff but he has regressed as far as his skill is concerned. He was running some point for us last year at times and seemed more skilled. I swear Cal pigeon holes some guys.

See Wagner‘s stats
Now that's not fair friend--remember what he was shooting BEFORE the injury?

It's so sad to see what has become of Calipari. Like all tyrants who grow into that role because of success-they forget why they ascended to that position. Now he just wants to wash feet, pretend he's a political figure, and lecture fans who don't know nearly as much as he does--despite the fact they were fans of the program well before he ever set foot in Lexington. He's ruined the program. Period. The way to fix it is to fire Mitch Barnhart AND Cal and his staff.

For all the folks who think he's played his way back into the first round (which I never agreed with), getting rejected by the rim on national television may just seal his second-round/undrafted fate. I do not understand how a guy who is 6'8 and projected to be a top ten pick out of high school has so little athleticism and leaping ability. He misses dunks with no one near him.
He started the season missing layups and getting blocked by the rim, so I guess it was fitting that he ended it the way he started.

Now that's not fair friend--remember what he was shooting BEFORE the injury?

It's so sad to see what has become of Calipari. Like all tyrants who grow into that role because of success-they forget why they ascended to that position. Now he just wants to wash feet, pretend he's a political figure, and lecture fans who don't know nearly as much as he does--despite the fact they were fans of the program well before he ever set foot in Lexington. He's ruined the program. Period. The way to fix it is to fire Mitch Barnhart AND Cal and his staff.
Yes everything related to Calipari needs to be disposed of. Get rid of him, take the stupid NBA shit off the walls, and clean house. We need something new. Him and everything about him is completely played out.

Cal wants the season defined the one game Edwards didn’t miss a shot. Drink the Cal-aid everyone!!!!

l2SpOmsXIxCn9uc8w.webp

Thiero could be better offensively than he has been but Cal has shaped him to be a grit guy and yes he is good at that stuff but he has regressed as far as his skill is concerned. He was running some point for us last year at times and seemed more skilled. I swear Cal pigeon holes some guys.
He just needs minutes and some leash. Decent shooter. Great feel. Solid defender. Good handles for his size. Tenacious. Has a floater. Still evolving for sure.

But sadly needs a coach that can maximize his abilities.

I’m absolutely at a loss as to how he could have been considered a top 5 pick before the season. What in God’s name did any scout see in him?
Well it’s hard to fully evaluate at that level . You hit some and you miss some .

I’m sure he wasn’t missing layups and dunks like this in AAU/HS

True story:

I don’t follow recruiting at all.

I learned about Justin Edwards/UK at a funeral in Philadelphia in October.

Seems fitting.

Reactions: jrpross
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT