ADVERTISEMENT

Edward’s to the draft

Best decision for both him and the program. Feel bad for the kid for the experience he had due to the expectations set on him that he was unable to meet.

Regardless of final draft position(I think he goes somewhere in the 2nd round), if he gets the Chris Livingston deal of 4 year 7.7 mill contract with multiple years guaranteed then this is the obvious decision for him.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Now get Thiero back and promise him 30mpg. He can play the 3 or the 4, depending on matchups.

Also, it’ll be fun seeing him on Shaqtin’ a Fool. No one gets rejected by the rim quite like Justin Edwards.

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
That's all Kentucky is ever going to be with Calipari as the coach. That's the brand. That's what he's made UK. That's all recruits know of Kentucky.

Not only will it take riding out this Calipari thing until he's finally pushed out or leaves on his own, the next guy will likely have to deal with overcoming the stigma of what Cal has made UK.

I'm sorry for him because he isn't very developed as a player. But I bet he hated going to class. College isn't for everyone. I hope he does well wherever he goes.

Reactions: cdbearde
Same thing year after year.
Yep, I came to this realization awhile back and haven't been invested in any of the recent teams. It's the same thing every single year and you can predict how the season and offseason unfold easily. Fans keep getting burnt with hype and then the cycle continues over and over.

Season ends in disappointment
Guys who would have stayed if their production was the same at Kansas or Duke, turn pro.
- Oh, this is a great class coming in. Just wait! Let's watch the McD's AA Game
- Ranked too high to start the season
- Lose the early game against Mich State, Duke, Kansas (Kentucky hasn't won one of those since Dec 2019)
- Beat some bad teams at home
- Lose a bad game
- Conference starts- beat some bad teams and fans start to believe
- February slump "We're playing for March" "My guys are young"
- Splits with Tennessee
- SEC Tourney excitement- Cal doesn't care- early flame out
- Early loss in the NCAA Tourney
- Guys go pro

Run it back

Agreed. What a sad ending it ended up being for him here. He did so much to seemingly turn the corner then seemed like he regressed against TAMU and then again against Oakland. That missed dunk in the 2nd half against Oakland was sadly one of the key turning points I think.
One of the single worst postseason basketball plays I can ever recall here. No joke.

I'm glad we're getting this stupid "thank you BBN had the time of my life while doing nothing to help UK win anything" letter out of the way. More to come! Such a losing state of fairs right now with Crapapari.
Yeah I could really care less about those. I would bet money he didn’t even proof read that. Just someone made it and tweeted it out.

It’s another “Calism” to help market his players and HE-himself. Draw it out, each kid gets a special day, and lose more opportunities for some portal players.
I’d hate for his Fee Fees to get hurt not having his own day to announce on his way out the door. That would probably destroy any confidence he has left.

Comparing Edwards and Livingston is like saying asparagus is better than cauliflower.

Not much to work with...
Yeah they both had massive holes in their game. Edwards was soft as a cotton ball and Chris looked like a wrecking ball but played like a cotton ball too.

Reactions: NociHTTP
nil has kept players around at all other schools except uk. oscar being the exception, and it was a bad decision. anyway, it all means only one thing, cal tells guys don’t bother coming unless you’re going to straight to the nba. that or the players said it first. either way it’s the same result. uk loses.

nil has kept players around at all other schools except uk. oscar being the exception, and it was a bad decision. anyway, it all means only one thing, cal tells guys don’t bother coming unless you’re going to straight to the nba. that or the players said it first. either way it’s the same result. uk loses.
Very, very few of the guys who leave I want back. They're so worried about getting hurt and not getting paid that they're only give you so much that it would be of little real benefit to the team. Its the culture Cal created. He easily could just play the guys who 100% get after it in practice and games, but he won't. The right thing to do is develop your guys, and only give them playing time commensurate with their performance. The NBA drafts on potential, yes, but they can only draft what's available. Other coaches don't seem to have much difficulty doing the right thing.

This is what turns me off about UK.Duke got the big flopper back last season and his draft status was way better than Justin's.
Cal can't recruit anyone to Lexington unless it's under the angle of NBA-NBA-NBA.

It's why he and Ulis went to Phoenix to watch Booker. He's got to pose with Devin Booker and remind everyone why he's relevant, because it sure isn't because of coaching.

Chris Livingston 2.0
Combine their scoring outputs, and you actually have a decent Kentucky season.

Unfortunately, neither one of them was good for much more than 7 or 8 points per game.

Here's the lineup of golden prospects we've landed lately:

Edwards
Livingston
Whitney
Fletcher
Montgomery
Boston
Askew

I won't trash Bradshaw until he makes it official.

Reactions: ukfan041
Unfortunately they buy into the hype created in HS.

Just crazy to stink it up most of the season against college players and think you can perform against pros at the next level
And Calipari, of course, supports them even when they're going to be locked in the late 2nd round at best.

He's never been able to help shift the mindset of "NBA or bust", even when it clearly doesn't pertain to guys like Whitney, Boston, Livingston and so many others who have graced us with their 38% shooting and 8 points per game.

So Cal gave a starting position to a guy not as good as Adou and now both are gone . Cal and Edwards used us . Did not benefit UK at all .
You cannot serve two masters . Cal should resign .
I learned everything I need to know after Cal's pampering of Shaedon Sharpe. It's no surprise that he's gone on to pamper Livingston, Edwards, and Wagner.

I thought he was supposed to be trying to convince ssome of these kids to return? What could he have possibly said to Edward’s that convinced him he was ready? Unless he just wanted him gone ?
He said he was going to try to convince kids to stay? Since when?

It’s another “Calism” to help market his players and HE-himself. Draw it out, each kid gets a special day, and lose more opportunities for some portal players.
Absolutely correct. Cal is pictured ant NBA games. Every 4/5 days another player announces. Cal gets 8-10 million a year from UK and who knows how much more from the agents of these player he keep funneling to them while Rome burns.

Reactions: CASblue
Cal hasn't learned a thing. Same old, rinse and repeat horseshite.
cal knows what he’s doing and it ain’t what he’s being paid to do. he’s not going to change anything—he said as much during his phone interview from n jersey. he has proven that uk cannot win with a team of freshman but nothing will change until he’s finished milking that contract.

cal knows what he’s doing and it ain’t what he’s being paid to do. he’s not going to change anything—he said as much during his phone interview from n jersey. he has proven that uk cannot win with a team of freshman but nothing will change until he’s finished milking that contract.
Will you do the honors of scratching off Edward’s?

I love reading these "announcement" statements. You can tell that obviously the players didn't write them on their own. I would love to read just one someday that the player wrote himself. I think it would be hilarious🤣.
🏀🙌🎉 #NBADraft2024 🤞

I love reading these "announcement" statements. You can tell that obviously the players didn't write them on their own. I would love to read just one someday that the player wrote himself. I think it would be hilarious🤣.

I honestly doubt the players even read the entire things.

It’s been glaringly obvious for many years that someone else writes those statements. They always say the same things in the same “PR department” type lingo using the exact same writing style and wording.

Saved somewhere in our athletic department’s files are “goodbye statement” templates that they use to quickly churn one out whenever needed.

Exactly

Reactions: IIIBradIII
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT