ADVERTISEMENT

Dunkirk".........

This movie was spectacular. The same people complaining about "character development" would've complained about "too much fluff" if we knew about Tom Hardy's character's love interest back home or some other meaningless crap people act like they have to know about in order to care. This movie was about human survival, not specific characters.

Dunkirk is a masterpiece of cinematography and completely engrossing. One of the most intense experiences I've had watching a film from start to finish.

This movie was spectacular. The same people complaining about "character development" would've complained about "too much fluff" if we knew about Tom Hardy's character's love interest back home or some other meaningless crap people act like they have to know about in order to care. This movie was about human survival, not specific characters.

Dunkirk is a masterpiece of cinematography and completely engrossing. One of the most intense experiences I've had watching a film from start to finish.

Yup!

Wife and I watched this on Saturday. Big Nolan fans but this movie sucked in comparison to his others. No emotion in the characters, too much over-acting and predictable. I almost always enjoy even some shitty movies but neither of us could figure out why so many have said this is a great flick.

Reactions: Mashburned
I really think they ran out of money and just played it off like "oh such a unique and cinematic film by the great Nolan".

I would have been fine with the weird lack of character thing if there was action. The movie should have been about 30 minutes. Total snooze fest in between some nifty Tom Hardy plane scenes.

Reactions: JohnKBA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT