ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Supporter & ESPN Broadcaster Jay Williams Attempts to create DJ Wagner rumors on air....

I think Kentucky reps should contact ESPN on this. Not sure what they can do, but maybe make it aware that we know this was out of line. And maybe threaten to not give Jay Williams any sort of access in the future.

Can't sit here and just take beatings like this. What Jay Williams said was just.. it was like something a rival fan would push for. Him and guys like Jeff Goodman shouldn't have this job if they can't remain partial and objective.

I think Kentucky reps should contact ESPN on this. Not sure what they can do, but maybe make it aware that we know this was out of line. And maybe threaten to not give Jay Williams any sort of access in the future.

Can't sit here and just take beatings like this. What Jay Williams said was just.. it was like something a rival fan would push for. Him and guys like Jeff Goodman shouldn't have this job if they can't remain partial and objective.
At this point I would settle for partially objective.

This is the time for Cal to be a smartass and lay into Williams

Was it this spring when thus convo happened? I don't listen to any sports talk radio anymore but I want to say it happen3d right after UCONN won its 5th title and the arbitrary period they were discussing thus for was 1999 to 2023.

Thus eliminating the 98 title from being included.
yeah it was. Like I said, recency bias.

Reactions: WilmoreCat
I just don’t understand what the hell he’s even taking about. He knows damn well DW is gone…..

Just trying to hit the UK program, I suppose. He and Hubert were the biggest Anti-UK punk asses on that network.

You know Kentucky is the best when you’ve got a Dukie and a Tarhole on a set together and they hit UK more than each other. Tells the story.
it chaps their ass that a small, southern, redneck state is the leader of college basketball. It should be their prestigious, academic focused, elite universites.

it chaps their ass that a small, southern, redneck state is the leader of college basketball. It should be their prestigious, academic focused, elite universites.

Yup. I’ve always said they have to give the SEC king in damn near everything, and they hate it. They think basketball is a coastal sport and don’t want the SEC, and damn sure a “backwards red neck” state to own basketball. They’ve tried to diminish everything we’ve accomplished since day one. They will never “give it” to Kentucky no matter what we do.

We’ve got everything against us. The media hates us, basketball entities hate us, all other SEC programs hate us, and other coaches are always trying to put us down to recruits. We can’t afford to slip up if we want to maintain.

I mean, Hubert was trying to speak into existence UK would still suck when we hired Calipari. You could see how deflated he was the entire time.

North Carolina people are largely a bunch weirdos. Misplaced half breed yankees that think they’re above God himself. One thing about the conference shifts I will enjoy, and it’s coming, is Duke being left out of the alignment and that rivalry dies. I’ll never forget watching Jay and Bilas tweeting out in desperation last year when it became apparent the ACC is eventually going to split up. I thought they were going to cry.

Yup. I’ve always said they have to give the SEC king in damn near everything, and they hate it. They think basketball is a coastal sport and don’t want the SEC, and damn sure a “backwards red neck” state to own basketball. They’ve tried to diminish everything we’ve accomplished since day one. They will never “give it” to Kentucky no matter what we do.

We’ve got everything against us. The media hates us, basketball entities hate us, all other SEC programs hate us, and other coaches are always trying to put us down to recruits. We can’t afford to slip up if we want to maintain.

I mean, Hubert was trying to speak into existence UK would still suck when we hired Calipari. You could see how deflated he was the entire time.

North Carolina people are largely a bunch weirdos. Misplaced half breed yankees that think they’re above God himself. One thing about the conference shifts I will enjoy, and it’s coming, is Duke being left out of the alignment and that rivalry dies. I’ll never forget watching Jay and Bilas tweeting out in desperation last year when it became apparent the ACC is eventually going to split up. I thought they were going to cry.
Yeah NC people are weird. They remind me of new yorkers with a southern accent. Lots of UNC fans don't want to be affiliated with the simple, stupid, redneck SEC. They want to be in the big ten. NC state is the sterotypical SEC school in that state. Duke is the same way. That school isn't even a school for north carolinians. It's a school for new yorkers, californians, new englanders, and rich chinese kids in NC. Hard to believe people would cheer for either of those schools.

And he dislike’s Kentucky.

When he was on ESPN morning show back in the spring, he was talking about the Rupp award he won in college.

Basically said he didn’t look at the trophy the way he looked at the others cause Rupp was a racist.

Also on that same show , said we shouldn’t be on the Mt Rushmore of the greatest college teams with Duke,UNC and Kansas.

He had us replaced with UCONN.
He’s just a hater, biased as can be.

Reactions: SmorgusKilos96er
Yeah NC people are weird. They remind me of new yorkers with a southern accent. Lots of UNC fans don't want to be affiliated with the simple, stupid, redneck SEC. They want to be in the big ten. NC state is the sterotypical SEC school in that state. Duke is the same way. That school isn't even a school for north carolinians. It's a school for new yorkers, californians, new englanders, and rich chinese kids in NC. Hard to believe people would cheer for either of those schools.

I’ve got a friend who roots for Duke. Dad was a truck driver and he works for frito lay……..

What’s worse is when our own fanbase throws shade at the idea that we’re hated by these people. I mean it’s undeniably directly in front of your face nonstop. From throwing shade at our founder, to bashing our fanbase constantly, to rarely ever hiring UK reps to call college basketball.

They get Duke/UNC lined up as college basketball analyst, we get 1 guy who has heard of Kentucky past a sports illustrated cover, Dykes. Even he seems like a shot at us. Then throw in Antoine Walker as a ESPN+ NBA/WNBA part timer.

Dick Nose literally believed Black men couldn’t read past a 2nd grade level. Coach K never met a white player he didn’t like. But it’s us that are backwards? Sure.

How any of our fans miss it is unreal to me. But I guess they are the same group that doesn’t even question the JFK assassination. The Gonzo types. They get to feel fake like UNC grads for a second

I’ve got a friend who roots for Duke. Dad was a truck driver and he works for frito lay……..

What’s worse is when our own fanbase throws shade at the idea that we’re hated by these people. I mean it’s undeniably directly in front of your face nonstop. From throwing shade at our founder, to bashing our fanbase constantly, to rarely ever hiring UK reps to call college basketball.

They get Duke/UNC lined up as college basketball analyst, we get 1 guy who has heard of Kentucky past a sports illustrated cover, Dykes. Even he seems like a shot at us. Then throw in Antoine Walker as a ESPN+ NBA/WNBA part timer.

Dick Nose literally believed Black men couldn’t read past a 2nd grade level. Coach never met a white player he didn’t like. But it’s us that are backwards? Sure.

How any of our fans miss it is unreal to me. But I guess they are the same group that doesn’t even question the JFK assassination. The Gonzo types. They get to feel fake like UNC grads for a second
You remind me of someone.....

Dick Nose literally believed Black men couldn’t read past a 2nd grade level. Coach K never met a white player he didn’t like. But it’s us that are backwards? Sure.

Yeah lol the duke fans in KY are hilarious. That's a school for rich suburban kids. The duke-UNC rivalry is a complete ESPN fabrication. KY-Indiana is easily more HATED than duke-UNC. I mean you got indiana fans who make fun of kentuckians just for being southern and make fun of us for it over and over. My dad saw KY fans fly confederate flags at IU fans who were making fun of their accents in the early 90s. Lol, that's a real sectional rivalry. Duke-UNC is like a wine and cheese fight.

I just don’t understand what the hell he’s even taking about. He knows damn well DW is gone…..

Just trying to hit the UK program, I suppose. He and Hubert were the biggest Anti-UK punk asses on that network.

You know Kentucky is the best when you’ve got a Dukie and a Tarhole on a set together and they hit UK more than each other. Tells the story.
How about we win a conference or get past the 1st/2nd round before we start talking about how great Kentucky is. We haven't done much for awhile. I can't stand them, but I know that for all the stuff I'd love to say to them it wouldn't end well given our record of late.

Yeah lol the duke fans in KY are hilarious. That's a school for rich suburban kids. The duke-UNC rivalry is a complete ESPN fabrication. KY-Indiana is easily more HATED than duke-UNC. I mean you got indiana fans who make fun of kentuckians just for being southern and make fun of us for it over and over. My dad saw KY fans fly confederate flags at IU fans who were making fun of their accents in the early 90s. Lol, that's a real sectional rivalry. Duke-UNC is like a wine and cheese fight.

I like it. I actually know a Duke fan from Kentucky. He’s also a Yankees fan, lol. You just can’t make the shit up. I can still remember when Duke/UNC weren’t even talked about much on ESPN. You’re not wrong, Indiana / UK is the standard for rivalry hatred. ESPN completely fabricated theirs. Hell, go to the main board, Duke and UNC fans have no problems at all, they f around with each other like they root for the same team. Probably because they pretty much are.

I mean when Duke lost to UNC for K’s last game it was almost as if Duke expected UNC to let him have it, lol. Even Hubert seemed sorry for the win🥰

How about we win a conference or get past the 1st/2nd round before we start talking about how great Kentucky is. We haven't done much for awhile. I can't stand them, but I know that for all the stuff I'd love to say to them it wouldn't end well given our record of late.

Let's not act like Duke was much better in the same timeframe. Because they weren't. No one questions UK will rebound (or they shouldn't). It's only a matter of time.

I like it. I actually know a Duke fan from Kentucky. He’s also a Yankees fan, lol. You just can’t make the shit up. I can still remember when Duke/UNC weren’t even talked about much on ESPN. You’re not wrong, Indiana / UK is the standard for rivalry hatred. ESPN completely fabricated theirs. Hell, go to the main board, Duke and UNC fans have no problems at all, they f around with each other like they root for the same team. Probably because they pretty much are.

I mean when Duke lost to UNC for K’s last game it was almost as if Duke expected UNC to let him have it, lol. Even Hubert seemed sorry for the win🥰
and ESPN will be like ''SEE THATS WHY THE RIVALRY IS THE GREATEST IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL. TWO LEGENDARY PROGRAMS HAVING THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER #BIGGERTHANBASKETBALL". Lol, what a joke.

• Haha
Reactions: SmorgusKilos96er
Was it this spring when thus convo happened? I don't listen to any sports talk radio anymore but I want to say it happen3d right after UCONN won its 5th title and the arbitrary period they were discussing thus for was 1999 to 2023.

Thus eliminating the 98 title from being included.
It was the day after UCONN won the title, so they were riddin high on the Huskies.

Let's not act like Duke was much better in the same timeframe. Because they weren't. No one questions UK will rebound (or they shouldn't). It's only a matter of time.

You cannot kill Kentucky basketball. I’ve been pissed off at Calipari and talked about the potential destruction, but on days I’m medicated and haven’t watched him on the sidelines I always know you’ll never kill Kentucky.

One of the reasons is there’s no professional sports. Kentucky is the show in the state. And really, we’re the only program who has shown we can win in different generations with different coaches or different backgrounds. Kansas just recently was able to make that claim, but they haven’t won anywhere near our level.

UNC has yet to have to hire outside the family, and it looks like they’re about to. Duke has yet to even get passed the K era. UCLA fell off, Indiana fell off etc. we’re the only program who can claim the success, across the board, in every era, with different people and administrations.

We just know too well how to make this happen. We’re versed in adversity too, we know how to survive.

The fanbase itself will always make UK the premier job. This is where the best want to be.

Williams is showing his true colors, he's a Dookie and always has been. From his perspective I respect that. We're die-hard UK fans. But he must know that everyone sees his bias.
... "Dookie" is something that ends up on the bottom of your shoe because some stray dog pinched one off in your yard.

I don't think he will transfer, but none of us can speak for him. He was going there before he came here, so it's reasonable to think he would consider it. Everyone's got a breaking point. It's premature to really be talking about it, but at some point in the season it won't be premature to do so.

He was never going to Louisville unless John Calipari was coaching Louisville. DJ was always going to play for John Calipari. Any buzz about Louisville was to help out Kenny and Milt.

If DJ’s draft stock drops this year, which i do agrée given his lackluster play to start the season is a possibility, he’s not transferring. He’ll go G league or overseas before he plays another year of college ball.

But outside of the Kansas game he hasn’t been awful. Hasn’t looked like a lottery pick but he hasn’t looked like BJ Boston or Kahlil Whitney either. This is not going to be a strong draft. I think at worst he probably drops to late first round.

I mean Chris Livingston just rated out as the worst forward we’ve had in the Calipari era that played so many minutes and Klutch still got him picked somehow.

U6 trolls flocking to this thread.
no-stampede.gif

There are plenty of people that like my posts, and for good reason. You're not very good at this civil conversation thing. Do better.
I have no desire to be civil with someone with a mind like yours. Yeah I'm sure some of the other trolls also like your stuff, but way more are laughing at you. You first post in this thread has 5 people doing just that, not even counting me.

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
There are plenty of people that like my posts, and for good reason. You're not very good at this civil conversation thing. Do better.

You should put the trolling skills to use by targeting Jay Williams instead of UK fans.

Your people are counting on you.

You should put the trolling skills to use by targeting Jay Williams instead of UK fans.

Your people are counting on you.
Defending is not trolling. I love all of my fellow UK fans. People here do not, and should not, have to be like everyone else. The world would be a very boring place if we were all the same. I don't believe in attacking someone because they're a fan of another team. Every fan is passionate about his or her favorite team. Is there any part of that you disagree with?

Defending is not trolling. I love all of my fellow UK fans. People here do not, and should not, have to be like everyone else. The world would be a very boring place if we were all the same. I don't believe in attacking someone because they're a fan of another team. Every fan is passionate about his or her favorite team. Is there any part of that you disagree with?

I’m all for free speech my man. You know what you’re doing, but there is time and place for everything.

In the words of Ronald Reagan:

“Perhaps we need some outside universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world.”

I don't think one and done, not every kid is one and done or performs to scouting reports. People need to be realistic and not so hard on these kids. They have enough pressure as it is. I respect your thinking that he's one and done. Maybe he'll end up that way. Many people have already discussed it and explain why they don't see him as one. I say read those reports :)
“Reports”

And he dislike’s Kentucky.

When he was on ESPN morning show back in the spring, he was talking about the Rupp award he won in college.

Basically said he didn’t look at the trophy the way he looked at the others cause Rupp was a racist.

Also on that same show , said we shouldn’t be on the Mt Rushmore of the greatest college teams with Duke,UNC and Kansas.

He had us replaced with UCONN.
Yeah the sports media wants nothing more than UNC, Dook, UConn, Kansas to take over UK.

Williams is jealous of the Kentucky program.

We lead in the most D1 college basketball categories by a LONG SHOT. We have finished the highest, on average, for “team of the decade” category. We also have the most number 1 finishes on “team of the decade”, including the 90’s which really pisses him off. We’re also the all time winningest program with the highest winning percentage. Our best coach is also the winning percentage leader by miles.

Kentucky IS college basketball. It doesn’t matter what ESPN tries to prop up.

What I’ve asked for repeatedly, and would still like answered, is why Duke ALWAYS goes after white kids in every class. And don’t give me the academics bullshit, the athletes do not have the academic requirements the students do. I’m
Not a “you’re racist” guy, I think it’s largely nonsense. But I don’t understand why espn and many Americans in general can find racism in salt and pepper shakers, but completely go colorblind on this topic.

Duke singles out white kids in every class. Why? It’s time the media begins to look at, possibly, who real racists are.

Maybe start by tweeting Jay Williams about it?
The sports media/Ncaa has it’s golden children in UNC, Dook, Kansas, Uconn. I’ve been called a conspiracy theorist for saying this. They want UK to fail because they hate that we are at the top of CBB. I mean UNC and Kansas were rewarded titles after huge cheating scandal!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT