ADVERTISEMENT

Duke game thread 8/15/18

The games actually tell us a bit about how these players will prefer to play this season.

I personally hope Zion enjoys being a trigger happy perimeter player, to make Duke as redundant as possible from a strength outlook. If you guys lack point guard and interior player, Duke won't be winning a title in April. It actually becomes a very simple formula.

The truth is, and I watched the game, Duke is going to have a 6’6 SF and Bolden playing in the center. And Bolden hasn’t changed a bit. He won’t, he’s not a focal point of the team.

So what happens to Duke when Zion has 4 fouls? There will be games even though he’ll be protected.

Duke is as thin as I’ve ever seen them. I know Reddish and Jones didn’t play, that’s going to help tremendously, but to win a title you need 6 guys who are reliable.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Wouldn’t strongman Reid be assigned to Zion? Duke has three freshman forwards. We have a frosh, sophomore and senior forward. Just on experience alone I think we win where Duke is strongest.

I see little hope that Travis can keep up with him. I think people see how damn big Williamson is and just won't allow themselves to accept how quick and fast he is.

It's not that Travis is slow for his size but Williamson is faster with the ball that Travis is without it.

It's PJ, a junk defense, or letting him have his and focus on the other guys.

Last year Duke relied on 2 bigs that are way more talented than anyone in college hoops this year and Duke still had to deal with a constantly clogged lane and needed shooting to spread that out. That depth didn’t mean a thing. Should really be a cautionary tale about relying on multiple bigs and depth.
So Grayson Allen, a senior combo guard, was just chopped liver?
Last years duke team was loaded, they just couldn't D up, which is a common theme over there.

Yes. My computer screwed up somehow, so I had to create a new account, which screwed up all my browser settings and saved passwords. Tried resetting the password but that didn't work. It appears to be hopeless getting it back.

That's horrible, man. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm at least glad you're still posting. You're one of our best posters.

Reactions: ManitouDan
That's horrible, man. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm at least glad you're still posting. You're one of our best posters.

Thanks, but it's ok. There are far worse things in life. Only thing that bugs me is this stupid posting restriction, which is very erratic. It will let me post willy nilly for a while, and then suddenly start popping up error messages saying I can't post so much "at the same time", which I don't even understand. You can only make one post at a time. Anyway.

Barrett is far away Dukes best player and you’ll see that throughout the season. Zion is a matchup nightmare and Reddish may be the best “3rd option” in college hoops but Barrett is the most polished and the clear alpha. Remember, Keldon johnson was like 3-15 his first time out and then looked great. You’ll see the same kind of improvement from Barrett except he went for 34 on a night where he didn’t look great

On 30 shots, Mr. Analytic.

Thanks, but it's ok. There are far worse things in life. Only thing that bugs me is this stupid posting restriction, which is very erratic. It will let me post willy nilly for a while, and then suddenly start popping up error messages saying I can't post so much "at the same time", which I don't even understand. You can only make one post at a time. Anyway.

this should help
https://forums.rivals.com/threads/post-here-and-tag-a-mod-if-still-having-posting-issues.659759/

i wish our mods would have this or one like it pinned

Are people really calling this kid fat? He's a damn freak.

FB_IMG_1534440173920.jpg

Do you have the link needed for the main board? I can only post once a week over there, so I always make sure it's worth it when I do post. Which is usually in the wood you wednesday thread. :)

that link i posted solved my problems on all the free boards rivals has
i think the main reason they put those posting restictions on was because of all the spam that was flooding boards

Reactions: kyjeff1
I love how we are on page 5 of an opponents exhibition game in Canada.... we are all nuts.

That being said I'm still wondering about Dukes defense. They are a top 5 team every year but seem to always lack defense. Amazed sometimes how far they go. I think being thin and lacking defense (they can't afford to foul out this year) will hurt them in the long run. But what the hell do I know? I just make stickers for a living.

I love how we are on page 5 of an opponents exhibition game in Canada.... we are all nuts.

That being said I'm still wondering about Dukes defense. They are a top 5 team every year but seem to always lack defense. Amazed sometimes how far they go. I think being thin and lacking defense (they can't afford to foul out this year) will hurt them in the long run. But what the hell do I know? I just make stickers for a living.
Great outside shooting will take you a long way. They won a title in 2015 even though Jahill Okafor couldn't defend if his life depended on it. I mean they literally hid that guy and Wisconsin never took advantage of it. It was 4 on 5 when Duke was on defense. They got the right matchup in the title game.
I don't believe they can pull it off this year though, they won't have the shooting to get past the sweet 16 in my opinion.

I posted on here not because it was duke playing basketball, but because there was basketball in August. Oh, and we play them first game of the season. So im gonna watch all their games, if for no other reason than to see what we are going to be facing. If anyone knows any other NCAA teams playing let me know, ill watch them too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT