ADVERTISEMENT

Duke’s Jalen Johnson Quits Team

germuk

Senior
Gold Member
May 14, 2009
I’m glad that we haven’t had any guys opt out yet (Terrence Clarke conspiracies notwithstanding). I wonder if this is a sign of things to come for the rest of their season as he was unquestionably their most talented player and a likely lottery pick, plus K’s back is due for a flare up any time now.

To be fair the team is better minus Johnson. Don't like bashing 18-year-olds, but he was a problem and it was best he opted out.
Yeah, but he was talented enough to score through tough defenders and make some shots, now they don't have that option.

Reactions: michael895
I'm surprised it hasn't happened more with normally good teams that have crapped the bed this year.

I think it’s a crap move. He wouldn’t be opting out if Duke was going to be a one seed. Quitter.

True. But superstar NBA players often quit on their teams (James Harden the most recent example), and we're now seeing it in the NFL with Deshaun Watson. Guess what I'm saying is I'm not a fan of quitting, but if these young college guys see these star pro athletes do it, they think they can do it as well.

That's liable to cause back issues with the Rat faced bastard...

rat-dance.gif

I mean I don't really blame him. If you're a lock for 1st rd why play for a team that sucks and risk injury.
Do what? Why do we rationalize a guy quitting for these reasons? I mean I can't stand Duke but these kids acting like college basketball is a glorified scrimmage/AAU circuit is ridiculous.

I truly hope these issue wake up college officials to change our game's landscape and work to get to a baseball model to let kids go pro w/o college or if you do come, you have to play for college and enough of this nonsense.

True. But superstar NBA players often quit on their teams (James Harden the most recent example), and we're now seeing it in the NFL with Deshaun Watson. Guess what I'm saying is I'm not a fan of quitting, but if these young college guys see these star pro athletes do it, they think they can do it as well.
Hard for me to blame Watson. The Texans have been comically bad at managing players and draft assets over the last couple of seasons and are in a horrible spot for the future in spite of Watson being one of the best QBs in the league

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT