ADVERTISEMENT

Drew tweet

Key word: “potentially.”

I’ll go with Scott Drew’s message: “I’m sending out this lunch photo from a Waco mainstay Mexican restaurant with a Baylor booster to reiterate I’m comfortable right here.”

He’s not the kind of person to post this one day and announce he’s leaving the next. This post IS his announcement. He’s staying at Baylor.
The only way to believe this is if you’ve never followed a coaching search before. This happens with EVERY coach in negotiations to leave.

There’s always one last effort to keep the guy home. That sounds like it’s what this is.

Or it’s another smoke screen because Billy is waiting on it and they’re giving him time.

I believe Billy’s agent has inquired and he’d definitely know if he wanted it or not. No waiting.
If Billy takes the job, he’s going to have to leave the Chicago Bulls early and get into this portal race because he’s bringing no recruits of his own…. like Scott Drew will.

The only way to believe this is if you’ve never followed a coaching search before. This happens with EVERY coach in negotiations to leave.
I don’t think so. Scott Drew has been at Baylor for 21 years. That’s not typical and he’s not the typical coach. I think he’s sending the exact message he intends to send: “I’m comfortable here in Waco.”

I don’t think so. Scott Drew has been at Baylor for 21 years. That’s not typical and he’s not the typical coach. I think he’s sending the exact message he intends to send: “I’m comfortable here in Waco.”
If that was the case he would just say that. Why would you be cryptic if you’re trying to tell your fan base that you’re staying?

If that was the case he would just say that. Why would you be cryptic if you’re trying to tell your fan base that you’re staying?
So to give his friend in Faith, Mitch, time to get a “yes” answer from another coach; so Mitch doesn’t have to eat crow per missing out on his first choice.

Makes no sense. He could stay but he’s at least allowing a bidding war. No way he wouldn’t have said by now he’s staying. I was feeling more confident it was him until that tweet though. I would think if he was coming for sure he wouldn’t be sending anything like that out right now. He probably trying to calm the people in Waco by doing it, but still allowing a bidding war. It might come down to just how much they’re willing to pony up to keep him.

The problem with Drew is the family. His kids are so young and they’re ingrained in that community. But this is also a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I’m 35% 65% he’s not gonna leave. Then everyone who didn’t want him might end up praying we had him in about a week when you see who we end up with and all Drew’s players we’ll miss out on. He’s the best coach we can get and definitely one of the best in the country. How little Baylor manages to keep him I don’t know. He’s just not a big time guy I guess.

People need to STOP WITH HURLEY. He’s a UCONN punk that’s a yankee and he’s not coming here. He’s going to the NBA. It’s unreal people actually think he’d come or who’d even want him. I don’t want the guy.

According to Rob Bromley's discord this is a photoshop and Drew is currently eating lunch with Mitch at the Richmond KY Bucees.
I stopped by that mess this past weekend (Not my decision).
Getting off the exit heading north was like watching the final scene of 'Field of Dreams' when all the cars were driving in...

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
why do people have to fly everywhere in the age of Zoom calls?
Face to face is still how people do multi million dollar negotiations and deals. Zoom calls could be used for gauging initial interest but lawyers and agents and boosters all getting together in a room and working details of 7-8figures will be done the old school way….. it isn’t a Monday morning company operations meeting.

Theoretically, recruiting could all be done over zoom too but when showing someone they are a priority, the personal touch matters, sitting in a room w the kid and family matters etc.

Makes no sense. He could stay but he’s at least allowing a bidding war. No way he wouldn’t have said by now he’s staying. I was feeling more confident it was him until that tweet though. I would think if he was coming for sure he wouldn’t be sending anything like that out right now. He probably trying to calm the people in Waco by doing it, but still allowing a bidding war. It might come down to just how much they’re willing to pony up to keep him.

The problem with Drew is the family. His kids are so young and they’re ingrained in that community. But this is also a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I’m 35% 65% he’s not gonna leave. Then everyone who didn’t want him might end up praying we had him in about a week when you see who we end up with and all Drew’s players we’ll miss out on. He’s the best coach we can get.

People need to STOP WITH HURLEY. He’s a UCONN punk that’s a yankee and he’s not coming here. He’s going to the NBA. It’s unreal people actually think he’d come or who’d even want him. I don’t want the guy.
To me it’s 100 percent a smokescreen from drew to get attention off him from Baylor. Drew is most likely coming here

Reactions: ScottytheBody
Dumb reply. Don’t melt out there.

We’ve never agreed much but I’ve noticed the past week we’ve agreed almost all the way. Donovan should be choice number 1 for any UK fan. He’s one of us and he’s been meant for UK for a long time the stars just haven’t aligned. Drew as the second choice is purely logical and a great one. I don’t know about you but I don’t even want Hurley (would obviously take him) but screw that guy. He’s going to the Knicks eventually anyway as soon as they call. What the hell would a UK fan want with a friggin northeasterner named Hurley.

Some of these guys are just off their meds with some of these post. Can’t decipher the difference in Baylor / Kentucky, would take Hurley not Donovan, can’t seem to understand how good Drew is, bringing up names like Todd Golden….

This place is an absolute dumpster fire of thought.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music

I’m 35% 65% he’s not gonna leave. Then everyone who didn’t want him might end up praying we had him in about a week when you see who we end up with and all Drew’s players we’ll miss out on. He’s the best coach we can get and definitely one of the best in the country. How little Baylor manages to keep him I don’t know. He’s just not a big time guy I guess.

Good post and makes a lot of sense!!

Face to face is still how people do multi million dollar negotiations and deals. Zoom calls could be used for gauging initial interest but lawyers and agents and boosters all getting together in a room and working details of 7-8figures will be done the old school way….. it isn’t a Monday morning company operations meeting.

Theoretically, recruiting could all be done over zoom too but when showing someone they are a priority, the personal touch matters, sitting in a room w the kid and family matters etc.
I think people just want to justify a private jet.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
8mbojf.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT