ADVERTISEMENT

Drew tweet

He was plan B
He has Mitch’s Plan A for awhile now. But perhaps the UK Boosters stepped in and told Mitch he used up his credit in hiring BCG. Let’s hope the next announcement we hear is either Hurley or Donovan being welcomed to UK… with the ESPN First Takers blasting the UK job this morning (and somewhat understandably based on the extreme attitudes we sometimes have), it would be sooooo sweet to send them and Tyson some crow to eat.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
instead of being angry at a dozen people you could just not overreact to every bit of news as meaning more than it does.

Reactions: davtay
Pretty obvious Drew is leaking all of this to get Baylor to pony up. Getting played by Scott Drew... good lord.

They don't want to know. They just want to get people to believe they know and then string them along for more ad views. It's all about traffic.

Jones said the quiet part out loud last night about KSR getting 1.2m views. That's what it's about. The more views, the more ad revenue. Plant the bait and watch the ignorant flock.
A cult follows Matt Jones. He keeps guessing, lugnuts keep clicking, it's pure comedy.

charlie brown lucy GIF by Maudit

My first thought was that this tweet was a way to calm any Baylor fans down without making any promises. Almost every coach that’s speculated about during a coaching search comes out with something saying they’re happy where they are. It means nothing.

Looks like they could have taken him to a better place.Food doesn't look impressive.
It is a Mexican joint. Not exactly known for the Decorum. But having said that, it is chips and salsa ? HTF do you fancy up chips and salsa up ? Local Mexican joint here in BG where I live is not a fancied up, 5* rated joint, but the food is damn good, real Mexican cuisine. Just had it last night.

This is a deflect from a coach who is most likely leaving but doesn’t want the Baylor fanbase to come after him
I don’t think that’s in Scott Drew’s nature. He’s been at Baylor for 21 years. He has children in high school there. He likes the pace of life in that town. I think this tweet is his way of saying, “Thank you, kindly, but I’m fine with my life and $7.99 plate lunches I eat with friends and boosters right here.”

I don’t think that’s in Scott Drew’s nature. He’s been at Baylor for 21 years. He has children in high school there. He likes the pace of life in that town. I think this tweet is his way of saying, “Thank you, kindly, but I’m fine with my life and $7.99 plate lunches I eat with friends and boosters right here.”
National media like Rothstein wouldn’t be reporting of Kentuckys potentially hiring of Drew if it weren’t true. Odds are Kentuckys reps went to Waco to work out the deal and it will get announced by tonight or tomorrow

I posted this in the other thread as well.

Does he really meet with a huge booster and post the image on X if he is considering UK? Serious question.

National media like Rothstein would be reporting of Kentucky potentially hiring Drew if it weren’t true. Odds are Kentuckys reps went to Waco to work out the deal and it will get announced by tonight or tomt
Agree.For some reason people seem to think Drew is above playing games with people but he loves the green like anyone else and and I think he ends up here.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
His phone was probably getting blown up by people wondering if he was in Lexington and he tweeted the picture to let everyone know he's not. Him pointing out the guy is a booster is a bit odd though. Although it's probably just an old friend.

I posted this in the other thread as well.

Does he really meet with a huge booster and post the image on X if he is considering UK? Serious question.
It’s hard to read into anything on social media. I can see it being a little odd, but I will also point out that he posted nothing about Baylor or the future (here I am reading into it as well lol). People do weird stuff all the time, he could stay or he could already know he’s gone and having lunch with a friend.

Should Mitch use Hurley as a consultant and just ask him who we should hire? Does he have any more brothers or cousins who coach?

• Haha
Reactions: IbnSaran
Wiat
NEVER trust our media again. Every single one of these clowns have struck out. Keith Taylor, Dick Gabirel, Tristian who the ****?, Matt Jones, Jack Pilgriait
Everytime any one of them has a update, it gets proven to be the opposite like a hour later
Hey didn't you see who got the credit of the celebration picture from Gampel Arena?

Jerry Tipton

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
National media like Rothstein wouldn’t be reporting of Kentuckys potentially hiring of Drew if it weren’t true. Odds are Kentuckys reps went to Waco to work out the deal and it will get announced by tonight or tomorrow
Key word: “potentially.”

I’ll go with Scott Drew’s message: “I’m sending out this lunch photo from a hole in the wall, Waco mainstay Mexican restaurant with a Baylor booster to reiterate I’m comfortable right here.”

He’s not the kind of person to post this one day and announce he’s leaving the next. This post IS his announcement. He’s staying at Baylor.

Definitely my first choice. Just trying not to get any hopes up but this time he might come.
Do you really want to give Billy the chance the turn you down again?
Billy just asked yesterday if John was still here? I don't think he has much interest at this stage.

I’ll go with Scott Drew’s message: “I’m sending out this lunch photo from a Waco mainstay Mexican restaurant with a Baylor booster to reiterate I’m comfortable right here.”

He’s not the kind of person to post this one day and announce he’s leaving the next. This post IS his announcement. He’s staying at Baylor.
I disagree but we shall see

Reactions: wfc7

I’ll go with Scott Drew’s message: “I’m sending out this lunch photo from a hole in the wall, Waco mainstay Mexican restaurant with a Baylor booster to reiterate I’m comfortable right here.”

How do you know the type of person he is?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT