ADVERTISEMENT

Drew

I thought this was the best job in the world? We should be able to get anyone. At least, that’s what we were all saying clinking champagne glasses when Cal left. We better get someone good.
Yeah well doesn't sound to promising if we have to get Shaka or Miller

I thought this was the best job in the world? We should be able to get anyone. At least, that’s what we were all saying clinking champagne glasses when Cal left. We better get someone good.
We? I don’t remember you saying that. You were too busy blaming the fans for him leaving.

Is it the best job in the world? Is this the best school in the world? I mean, give me your honest take on those questions because I don’t think you’re a Kentucky fan.

We? I don’t remember you saying that. You were too busy blaming the fans for him leaving.

Is it the best job in the world? Is this the best school in the world? I mean, give me your honest take on those questions because I don’t think you’re a Kentucky fan.
The fanbase can’t go nuclear on each other. I got beer thrown on me attending the UK-Ohio State game in 2011. Respectfully, don’t question my fandom.

Would you rather have me not give a shit or, like you, probably care too much. It’s a great job. It’s a top-three job in my opinion. I’m sorry you feel that way about my fandom because I liked Coach Cal. If you read my posts, you would know I addressed how unique this is: he had to go, but the timing sucks because the cupboard could be bare.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
The people willing to keep the loser that we had due to fear of not being able to find a suitable replacement baffles me.
I’d rather let an assistant coach them for a season than go through what we’ve been doing again.

The fanbase can’t go nuclear on each other. I got beer thrown on me attending the UK-Ohio State game in 2011. Respectfully, don’t question my fandom.

Would you rather have me not give a shit or, like you, probably care too much. It’s a great job. It’s a top-three job in my opinion. I’m sorry you feel that way about my fandom because I liked Coach Cal. If you read my posts, you would know I addressed how unique this is: he had to go, but the timing sucks because the cupboard could be bare.
What makes question your fan hood is two fold:

1) I’ve never seen you around here before Cal left
2) since you’ve been here all you’ve done is attack our program’s fans.

I personally wouldn’t attach myself to any organization whose supporters I couldn’t stand. And if you don’t like fighting within the fanbase, don’t contribute to it. Hypocrite.

Reactions: TM2013
Why is it we have to have someone who has already proven he can win his one in a career netty somewhere else and now plans to finish his coaching career living off that accomplish at Ky? The other 2 blue bloods didn't go that "safe" route. Sorry, but if you look at Drew you can see him being in a holding pattern. He has reached the top and will be a good, say, third or fourth place coach in the sec just as he has been in the Big 12. Please give us someone whose future is not so obvious, even if it is a young mid major coach who has won his conference. At least we could be excited and have hope for a little while.

Reactions: DMB#34 and rob_47
So who do we turn to if Drew turns us down
I doubt we get turned down by more than 1 if Mitch ponies up the cash.

We need to come with the biggest deal in college basketball history. $10 to $12 million/year for 5 to 7 years.

We have the resources to make it happen.

Reactions: TFCats11
I thought the Cal pumper problem would go away when he ran off.

Nope, they are still here. Pretending that the last 5 years never happened. Pretending that basically every major media talking head agreed it was time for Cal-UK to split.

Again, countless other coaches can give better results than what Cal gave UK the last 5 years. Including just about any name that has been brought up in this search.

We need to come with the biggest deal in college basketball history. $10 to $12 million/year for 5 to 7 years.

NO WAY Scott Drew commands $10-$12 million! Actually, no one is worth that, however I would be happy with Hurley, Wright, Donovan, or Stevens making slightly more than Cal was.

And no, none of those guys are “officially” off the table yet, I don’t care what they said with a mic in their face on national television during the biggest game of the year.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
NO WAY Scott Drew commands $10-$12 million! Actually, no one is worth that, however I would be happy with Hurley, Wright, Donovan, or Stevens making slightly more than Cal was.

And no, none of those guys are “officially” off the table yet, I don’t care what they said with a mic in their face on national television during the biggest game of the year.

Drew shouldn't even be offered, but I have a sneaky suspicion that he's who we end up with. Another 3 years down the shitter.

Drew shouldn't even be offered, but I have a sneaky suspicion that he's who we end up with. Another 3 years down the shitter.
But this is what the masses wanted. Like it or not, this scenario was always on the table. Our best chance was for Cal to leave as a hero, but he did not. So now this is where we are. There was no shot at Stevens, JW, BD, Hurley, etc. That's fantasy land. You were always looking at Drew or oats as the top 2. Oats said no. If Drew does the same then it gets weird. A big portion of this fanbase is like a dog chasing a car. We caught the car....now what?

I'm not saying Cal has performed well the last 5 years. A change was probably needed. But this job is a lot harder to fill than people here want to admit.

Drew is underwhelming, he's boring, and he may not have the chops for this gig. But I hope to God he doesn't turn us down because we could be looking at much worse candidates after that.

Oats said no

I dont believe this for a minute. He's not even being considered. I've got a screen shot of a text message in my inbox with Oats saying he'd come here. But people can believe whatever they wanna believe.

I dont believe this for a minute. He's not even being considered. I've got a screen shot of a text message in my inbox with Oats saying he'd come here. But people can believe whatever they wanna believe.
He is set to make 5 Million next year at Bama. I assume if he is not the coach here next year that he either A) Doesn't like making a more money or B) Isn't the "dog" that people think and just wants a job that has low expectations or C) wasn't offered the job by Mitch.

Reactions: WILDCAT_NATION#8
He is set to make 5 Million next year at Bama. I assume if he is not the coach here next year that he either A) Doesn't like making a more money or B) Isn't the "dog" that people think and just wants a job that has low expectations or C) wasn't offered the job by Mitch.

C.

Reactions: dl51344
That would be my guess too. I think Mitch is locked in on Drew like Will Levis on a receiver and not even looking at better options. That press release, as someone said, was to for PR purposes to get the Bama name and his name out there with recruits as being a hot name. Just like Jack Gohlke they are trying to make a name for themselves at our expense.

wait, what? haha

I'm not saying I necessarily disagree with you, but this way of thinking is what got us in the situation we had with Cal.

Why are people running to get in Hurley and Oates faces but not Drew? Everybody saying 'oh it's Drew.' Like money is an issue for UK for this most important job. Or Hurley being a Barnhart bud. Has anybody heard Drew say anything? There are a few guys he would be better to get like Pearl and Wade. But there are about five guys that IMO would be better than him. Why settle?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT