ADVERTISEMENT

Dream Scenario

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
Next years team could shape up to be a decent team. Here’s what I think could happen and this is the best case scenario….

Boogie
Reed
Knox (potentially)
Adou
JQ

Richmond
Somto
Brooks
Perry

Add a couple of transfers also

Potential reclass: Jasper

G Sheppard
G Johnson(reclass)
G Knox
F Thiero
F Quaintance

G Fland
G Perry
G Richmond
F Burks
F Cyril

That’s realistic, if Sheppard decides to return.

Want to see Onyenso back, but somebody in the know said he will likely head to UConn or another Big East team after the season. Quaintance and Cyril as the only two at the 5 worry me a little. Quaintnace is skilled, but only 17. Cyril is strong enough and physical but very raw.

G Sheppard
G Johnson(reclass)
G Knox
F Thiero
F Quaintance

G Fland
G Perry
G Richmond
F Burks
F Cyril

Want to see Onyenso back, but somebody in the know said he will likely head to UConn or another Big East team after the season. Quaintance and Cyril as the only two at the 5 worry me a little. Quaintnace is skilled, but only 17. Cyril is strong enough and physical but very raw.
What? Are you serious? That would suck. He’s getting mad minutes now.

What? Are you serious? That would suck. He’s getting mad minutes now.
Yes he’s serious. Quaintance has legit potential to be better than any big we have on roster now. That’s definitely a risk to look out for.

• Sad
Reactions: Fox2monk
I don't buy that Ugonna would transfer now.

Everything changed for him over the last week or two.
Hope you are right.

ralphdaltonfan said he wants to go to UConn or somewhere else in the Big East.

Really want him back. He could be our anchor inside next season.

Thiero and Onyenso are a pretty good combo at the 4 and 5 now. Could be dominant next season.

What I don’t want to see is Thiero at 3, Quaintance at 4 and Onyenso at 5. If Onyenso returns, probably puts Quaintance as his substitute. Q is a legit top 5 guy though.

To me the best we can realistically hope for is:

G Sheppard/Fland
G Johnson/Perry
G Knox/Richmond
F Thiero/Burks
F Onyenso/Quaintance/Cyril

Maybe a portal guy instead of Knox, but I think we probably get Knox. I really want Jasper Johnson and I think he will reclass.

Yes he’s serious. Quaintance has legit potential to be better than any big we have on roster now. That’s definitely a risk to look out for.
I agree but I’d really hate to lose him. He’s really coming into his own and I sure don’t want him at UCONN when he will be his absolute best.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
G Sheppard
G Johnson(reclass)
G Knox
F Thiero
F Quaintance

G Fland
G Perry
G Richmond
F Burks
F Cyril

Why in the world would Ugo wanna transfer? That’s crazy to me.

Reactions: Fox2monk

Quaintance is 16 years old at this moment.

Not saying he can’t dominate veteran bigs. I haven’t seen the guy. But what I have seen are our current freshmen getting physically worked by every decent team in our league this year. And Quaintance is even younger than your typical frosh. So I’m gonna temper my expectations.

Hopefully the Cats make a long-overdue Final Four appearance this year. That is the true dream scenario, and it would do a lot to take pressure off ALL of next year’s team, and the freshmen in particular.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
What I don’t want to see is Thiero at 3, Quaintance at 4 and Onyenso at 5. If Onyenso returns, probably puts Quaintance as his substitute. Q is a legit top 5 guy though.
Quaintance is going to be 17 when he plays his first game at UK. He won’t turn 18 until 2025, which means he can’t be drafted until 2026.

Now he is legit. But he is very young. We know how physical it is in the SEC. In college in general.

He has two years to develop. I would like to see him play behind physically ready dudes like Thiero and Onyenso and not have to carry the load as a Freshman and then be a star as a Sophomore. That would be ideal.

He’s legit, but probably gets bullied a bit as a Freshman. I would rather have Onyenso as our primary 5 man.

And I agree, we don’t want Thiero at the 3, he is better at the 4.

I thought Quaint was more of a 4 than 5? Isn't he 6'9 ish w/ good ball skills?
He can play the 4 or 5. I think he’s closer to 6’10-6’11 now. He has a face up game and good handles. He is good around the rim as well. Probably needs to get stronger. But if Onyenso is gone, he probably starts at the 5, unless Cal signs another big to go with Cyril at the 5.

Better chance of Cyril going to the draft than Ugo transferring. He wants to be here.
Hope so. Others are saying he still wants out.

Fingers crossed he is our starter at the 5 spot next season.

I would feel pretty good about our interior defense with Thiero at the 4 and Onyenso at the 5 with Quaintance, Burks, and Cyril backing them up.

• Love
Hope so. Others are saying he still wants out.

Fingers crossed he is our starter at the 5 spot next season.

I would feel pretty good about our interior defense with Thiero at the 4 and Onyenso at the 5 with Quaintance, Burks, and Cyril backing them up.
Who is saying he wants out? He seems like he loves it at UK

Where did he play HS basketball? Easy to start a BS rumor based off of that. His backstory screams that's a lie.
He usually never does stuff like that, he is pretty truthful with his info and when he posts stuff, so I’m not gonna say he is lying, I just can’t see it happening myself

G Sheppard
G Johnson(reclass)
G Knox
F Thiero
F Quaintance

G Fland
G Perry
G Richmond
F Burks
F Cyril

Man if we lose Ugo to anything besides the NBA it would be unexcusable. We something to anchor next year's team.

I agree, but it seems his handlers really wanted to go to UConn last summer and they didn’t need him. They probably will want him this summer.

Hopefully things have changed and he decides to come back after being a starter here.
He's not going to UCONN.
He'll be here or he will be in the draft.

Quaintance is going to be 17 when he plays his first game at UK. He won’t turn 18 until 2025, which means he can’t be drafted until 2026.

Now he is legit. But he is very young. We know how physical it is in the SEC. In college in general.

He has two years to develop. I would like to see him play behind physically ready dudes like Thiero and Onyenso and not have to carry the load as a Freshman and then be a star as a Sophomore. That would be ideal.

He’s legit, but probably gets bullied a bit as a Freshman. I would rather have Onyenso as our primary 5 man.

And I agree, we don’t want Thiero at the 3, he is better at the 4.
I don’t think Quaintance will be bullied as a freshman. It’d be great if Onyenso returns, but he will have a decision to make.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT