ADVERTISEMENT

Dream Scenario

We get Sheppard, Thiero, and Onyenso back and I think we can contend for a title. I would feel really good about next season. Or at least better than usual lately.

I keep saying that Sheppard is the key, he makes us a contender, but Onyenso back is pretty important as well.

We won’t get pushed around inside next season with a Junior Thiero and Junior Onyenso in there.

G Sheppard
G Johnson(reclass)
G Knox
F Thiero
F Quaintance

G Fland
G Perry
G Richmond
F Burks
F Cyril

That’s realistic, if Sheppard decides to return.

Want to see Onyenso back, but somebody in the know said he will likely head to UConn or another Big East team after the season. Quaintance and Cyril as the only two at the 5 worry me a little. Quaintnace is skilled, but only 17. Cyril is strong enough and physical but very raw.

What? Are you serious? That would suck. He’s getting mad minutes now.

I don't buy that Ugonna would transfer now.

Everything changed for him over the last week or two.
NCAA should keep NIL but remove the instant transfer rule. It's killing the sport. If the players want to make money off their likeness, fine, but make them wait if they want to transfer. Require them to put some deeper thought into their decision, which is presently often defined by a whimsical sense of entitlement.

NCAA should keep NIL but remove the instant transfer rule. It's killing the sport. If the players want to make money off their likeness, fine, but make them wait if they want to transfer. Require them to put some deeper thought into their decision, which is presently often defined by a whimsical sense of entitlement.

Agreed. NIL is more or less fine aside from giving too much power to the players.. it's not really hurting the sport too much.

But the instant transfer rule needs to change. You have to keep rosters somewhat in tact, or coaches are going to continue leaving the sport.

It would also lessen the impact of handlers trying to force them out.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
That’s what people said about Bradshaw
Difference is that the 2023 class was pretty down relative to other years. Quaintance isn’t a totally polished product by any means, but has more size and strength than Bradshaw already.

Hope you are right.

ralphdaltonfan said he wants to go to UConn or somewhere else in the Big East.

Really want him back. He could be our anchor inside next season.

Thiero and Onyenso are a pretty good combo at the 4 and 5 now. Could be dominant next season.
If I remember correctly, last time-around it was more his handlers that wanted him in the Big East, not so much Ugonna himself. But maybe the handlers win this time

Anyhow, UCONN currently has 2 6'10 players on their roster. I'm not sure what they have coming in with the recruiting class, but that's at least 2 centers with experience in the program. I know Hurley is big on bringing in "his guys" and developing them/molding them to his system, but I'm sure he'll take proven transfers as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT