Dr. Pepper vs Mr. Pibb

Dr. Pepper vs Mr. Pibb

• Dr. Pepper

Votes: 41 75.9%
  • Mr. Pibb

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
I'm a pepper.

I used to drink Diet Dr. Pepper in college (90's). It was the only diet soda at the time that didn't have a bad almost chemical after taste. Fortunately, better artificial sweeteners exist today.

Mr. Pibb is a cheap imposter of the Doctor.

I was in Arizona as a kid and was handed a Dr. Thunder. Was very cautious as, while it was an imitation, it had apparently either thought to branch into straight talk about the guts or had not thought about the name in a rush to market (i cant imagine). In either case, terrible name.

I rarely ever drink cokes (pop, soda, whatever you call it) but this morning saw a Mr Pibb and got one and a Dr. Pepper. I have to say that I'm a Pibb guy.

True story, the guy that invented Dr. Pepper was paid a generous sum of money by his girlfriend's father to stop dating her, and move away.

• Wow
Reactions: Girthang
I rarely ever drink cokes (pop, soda, whatever you call it) but this morning saw a Mr Pibb and got one and a Dr. Pepper. I have to say that I'm a Pibb guy.

Pibb is the original and best. Tons of flavor. Not as sweet. Dr Pepper is for the Pepsi folk that like a little flavor with their sugar.

Mr. Pibb >>> Diet Dr. Pepper >>> Dr. Pepper

.....unless, it's an ice cold Dr. Pepper in a bottle from one of these, and then it moves to #1.

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha
Dr Pepper is the best cola on the planet. I'll definitely drink any of the myriad of copycats over any other cola, but Pibb isn't even 2nd best. Virgil's Dr Better is 2nd best.

I'm a pepper.

I used to drink Diet Dr. Pepper in college (90's). It was the only diet soda at the time that didn't have a bad almost chemical after taste. Fortunately, better artificial sweeteners exist today.

I started drinking Diet sodas about 18 years ago or so. Diet dew and Diet Dr. Pepper were all I could tolerate. I still can't stand Diet Coke, though I can drink Coke Zero. they taste completely different to me. I'll drink most anything Zero, but straight up diet, it's really only Dew and Dr. P.

I read somewhere that the Zero craze was mainly for the beverage companies to start shedding the "Diet" label and that there really isn't much difference. Probably not, but they definitely taste different.

Reactions: DSmith21
I started drinking Diet sodas about 18 years ago or so. Diet dew and Diet Dr. Pepper were all I could tolerate. I still can't stand Diet Coke, though I can drink Coke Zero. they taste completely different to me. I'll drink most anything Zero, but straight up diet, it's really only Dew and Dr. P.

I read somewhere that the Zero craze was mainly for the beverage companies to start shedding the "Diet" label and that there really isn't much difference. Probably not, but they definitely taste different.
Diet Coke gives people the worst smelling breath i swear to god. It's uniquely identifiable too, and no amount of mints or brushing can help it. It's like it gets into their gums and lips and festers.

• Love
Mr. Pibb was phased out in 2001.

Pibb Xtra is Coca-Cola’s spicy cherry soda offering.

This poll is a farce.

Having said that, Dr. Brown’s wipes the floor with both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT