ADVERTISEMENT

Doug shows

Cal has got to STOP trying to humiliate Shows when he DOES make a bad call.

Screaming at him all the way across the floor only gets us MORE bad calls, and usually at the worst possible time.

Shows has rabbit ears and a thin skin. That's a bad combination for a referee.

Screaming at him all the way across the floor only gets us MORE bad calls, and usually at the worst possible time.

Can’t imagine why the reffing fraternity hate Cal’s guts. Frankly he’s not a very likable guy.

Last edited:
I heard there was ”Doug Sucks“ chants at the game. I didn’t hear it on tv, does anyone have an audible link?

They’re racist towards Cal since he’s a person of color. He’s an Italian-American and left-hander so he identifies that way. K is white as snow.
I know that’s sarcasm but lol. K is of Polish decent and Catholic. Not exactly widely “liked” in this country.

Again, I ask, what made refs kiss Ks ass.

Reactions: UKLone

They hated us long before Cal bud and also there’s a thing called gambling. I see what you’re saying but these officials are fn crooked and need to be in jail.

We should hire a coach the SEC officials, worst officials in basketball, love.

Like a Tubby. We could never win anything but the officials would love us.

I know that’s sarcasm but lol. K is of Polish decent and Catholic. Not exactly widely “liked” in this country.

Probably being the best active coach for a lot of his tenure. At least resume wise he was, I and many others suspect rule bending and breaking to achieve more than 1 of those titles.

But I digress. The biggest stars, legit or not, usually get a fairer whistle. Take MJ for example, complete jerk by all accounts yet he got the MJ treatment while in the NBA after establishing some dominance.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Army and military respect is all I can guess. Outside of on the floor he’s kind of quiet, geeky, and soft spoken. Cal is kind of a loudmouth no matter what. lol. Seems like most refs hate Cal.

Reactions: cathouse
Why do we always have at least 1 of Sirmons, Shows, TV Teddy or Lindsey? They all suck!

When I'm about to watch a game and don't know any refs names I'm excited, but it rarely happens. I know they hate Cal but it almost feels like they all hate us since the rooferee death threats. Like they make it a point to screw us.

I we wonder if any played ball. They seem like nerds who want to take down the jocks.
revenge of the nerds GIF

Probably being the best active coach for a lot of his tenure. At least resume wise he was, I and many others suspect rule bending and breaking to achieve more than 1 of those titles.

But I digress. The biggest stars, legit or not, usually get a fairer whistle. Take MJ for example, complete jerk by all accounts yet he got the MJ treatment while in the NBA after establishing some dominance.
Well, K was known to threaten some referees’ jobs. There’s always that.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
College basketball refs are awful and continually hold the sport back. 2018 game against South Carolina is always my go to example in recent memory. 59 FOULS CALLED in that game. 32 of them against us and we had 3 guys foul out, and 3 more finish with four fouls. A game where we had a 14 point lead in the second half and ended up losing by 8. Refs hate Cal and UK no doubt.

Thankfully, the number of fouls called have seemingly reduced a bit the last few years, but the fouls they do call are still inconsistent, terrible, or require a 5 minute review. If I didn’t love UK so much I probably would not watch much CBB because of the refs/the way it is officiated.

Last edited:
College basketball refs are awful and continually hold the sport back. 2018 game against South Carolina is always my go to example in recent memory. 59 FOULS CALLED in that game. A game where we had a 14 point lead in the second half and ended up losing by 8. Refs hate Cal and UK no doubt.

Thankfully the number of fouls called have seemingly reduced a bit the last few years, but the fouls they do call are still inconsistently terrible or require a 5 minute review. If I didn’t love UK I probably would not watch CBB much because of the refs/the way it is officiated.
I had blocked that game out. Ugh.

I think that was the camel straw on that one. If I recall didn’t the league office basically say tone it down after that?

Reactions: ConRay9
Should not be allowed to ref our games anymore. Rewatching this game he made 2 calls out of position and they’re always calls that benefit the opposing team. Can’t stand that cheater.
110%. His track record against UK should be disqualifying.

Reactions: UKLone

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ X 1,000,000

I had blocked that game out. Ugh.

I think that was the camel straw on that one. If I recall didn’t the league office basically say tone it down after that?
I do remember something happening along those lines. I don’t think I’ve seen 3 guys on one team foul out in regulation in any game ever except for that one.

Here’s the box score for anyone that wants to take a walk down terrible memory lane:

Last edited:
I do remember something happening along those lines. I don’t think I’ve seen 3 guys on one team foul out in regulation in any game ever except for that one. Here’s the box score.

Here’s the box score for anyone that wants to talk a walk down terrible memory lane:

64% FTs in that game.....FTs once again the demise of a Cal coached team.

I always felt like the officials were scared to death of K.
My wife is scared of rats too I just like to shoot em.

Reactions: awf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT