ADVERTISEMENT

Doug Shows

Uk lost bc other reasons.

But basic consistency from these clowns is mind blowing. And they won't even review anything they do afterwards, good ole boy network always tells them they're great.

I think the rules need to be minimized someway as much as possible and take as much thinking for them out of the game. Too much anticipation or guessing what happened, not enough Accountability. They can't have it both ways, that breathing is a foul but getting hammered under the goal isn't. Or atleast sole sort of public stat keeping on how many missed or wrong calls...but it's just not that, they get away with it bc you can find a foul every possession if you want...so it's basically when Doug feels like it

Couple times Dane Bradshaw was basically like, I don't know what the hell that was

Also Walks are not hard to call...like at all, they aren't

UK fans tried to destroy the personal life of a referee. I'm 100% positive this can't be good for getting an unbiased whistle when refs are like a fraternity. So if it's Shows or someone else, expect us to get a bad whistle. All that said, we sucked all game and A&M outplayed us from start to finish.
Then perhaps it’s time one of the fans leaked compromising personal photos or messages about one of the refs. I’m guessing that might right the ship. If it’s going to be the mafia, maybe it’s time to break some legs.

Reactions: Stevo1951
Shows is terrible. But is the regular bad whistle due to the fact that Cal screams and berates the officials almost as much as his players?

Cal should have stayed zone forever tonight, but those refs BLEW more than I’ve seen I quite a while. The unbalanced calls and no calls on each end were laughable.

Two things lost this game - Cal’s avoidance of a zone and those damned refs. No one will change my mind.

At least it wasn’t the end. 4 seed here we come.

Shows may have been bad tonight but Cal has been bad for years. Paying this guy $9 mil a year is madness.
Pitino won the SEC tournament in the first year when he took Kentucky off probation.

1992 SEC tourney champs.
Same for 1993, 1994, 1995, and 1997.

The one year they didn't win it all in the SEC tournament, they still managed to go 16-0 in the regular conference schedule.

Meanwhile Cal has only won one SEC tourney game since 2019.

Uk lost bc other reasons.

But basic consistency from these clowns is mind blowing. And they won't even review anything they do afterwards, good ole boy network always tells them they're great.

I think the rules need to be minimized someway as much as possible and take as much thinking for them out of the game. Too much anticipation or guessing what happened, not enough Accountability. They can't have it both ways, that breathing is a foul but getting hammered under the goal isn't. Or atleast sole sort of public stat keeping on how many missed or wrong calls...but it's just not that, they get away with it bc you can find a foul every possession if you want...so it's basically when Doug feels like it

Couple times Dane Bradshaw was basically like, I don't know what the hell that was

Also Walks are not hard to call...like at all, they aren't
Yes. All correct. And I counted 3 very clear walks that weren’t called on them. Refs are more important than many are willing to see.

Full time professional refs that can be held accountable is the only hope.

I turned it on when we were down 8-1. Cats hit a 3 and immediately the whistle blows.

Shows stops the game so he can go to the monitor and spend 4 minutes reviewing a non-event and then says “play on.”

That was the first of many times the refs jacked with Kentucky’s momentum in this game.

The Olandis Poole call on Reeves was a WTF moment. They have to be in with gamblers.
There were two calls on Reeves that were utterly insane.

But we still needed to be better. In these situations (lesser team needs a bid) the refs have ALWAYS been against us - I remember one of the worst was Vandy trying to make a bowl in 2008 and won a corrupted game at Commonwealth that I attended with my dad. In basketball, we're supposed to be good enough to overcome that. Right now, our defense is nonexistent.

The Olandis Poole call on Reeves was a WTF moment. They have to be in with gamblers.

Shows is bad but in the grand scheme of things about as good as sec refs get. Poole is the culprit. He was almost always the one calling the mysterious nonsense against UK.

Then on the other end we'd get tackled into the support or clotheslined with no call.

Imo the worst call was the goaltend. Not only was it bad, but they didn't bother reviewing it. What could possibly be the justification for not reviewing a close call when it was reviewable? Of course we know from the UT game a review probably just means they'll confirm a bad call but still.

Our last two losses, Reeves has been absolutely victimized by the officials. Humble kid too. Just goes out there and plays. Rarely says anything or complains to the officials.

But you get a trash talking, loud mouthed flop artist like Grant Williams and they give him every call.

I don’t get it man.

Poole obviously had money on a&m and nothing anyone can say will change my mind. Officials are corrupt. Officials bet on games, officials hate specific coaches, officials and money control all sports. It will never change.

Reactions: Montana81
UK fans tried to destroy the personal life of a referee. I'm 100% positive this can't be good for getting an unbiased whistle when refs are like a fraternity. So if it's Shows or someone else, expect us to get a bad whistle. All that said, we sucked all game and A&M outplayed us from start to finish.
This does make one wonder, not just Shows, but from all officials, is it more dislike for Cal, or dislike for BBN?
And is the combination just really bad.

And don't forget this acting job by Taylor...

Shows just reacts to players flopping way too often, lives to call charges and extended arms...but when going up for a bucket and dudes make a ton of contact....he doesnt' blow those fouls. He is the ref I hate to see reffing a UK game the most.

(Taylor just making up crap on a rebound...while Texas AM conducts a wrestling match with their bigs)

Another Doug Shows special....fouls out Reid Travis on a nothing burger....first clip of 2018 SEC tourney vs. TN.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT