ADVERTISEMENT

DONTAIE ALLEN!

I've been watching Allen here in Pendleton county for a couple years now,he is a hard worker,wanted to play at Kentucky more than anything,and will be a better addition than any one and done that justs wants to get to the NBA and the name on the jersey isn't as important.
I’m glad we got him too! But a lot of those one and dones come back and do things for UK! There are a couple you can claim that are this way! But the biggest majority come back and give back to UK with camps , charity games, and alumni games. And if you follow them on twitter. They all support each other and refer to La Famila

I don't think it's that cut and dry. If it's a kid like Goodin that knows he can start/play day 1 at a major program and doesn't want to have to wait at kentucky, we're better off without those guys too.

What we *need* are guys who are from Kentucky, good enough to actually play and contribute, and that are willing to fight for minutes or wait their turn. There's just not many of them, but I feel like we get the ones who exist.

I no more want Jeffries than I would Tandy, even though he's a Kentucky kid good enough to play here.

Well I don’t disagree with that. A real OAD prospect that can have an immediate impact are fine. Guys that should be 3 year players that are one foot out the door can’t help us. Jefferies seems to be one of those. I just never liked him after seeing his interviews. Another guy who will leave without a guarantee and likely won’t be much of a threat while he’s here. I’d much rather have a Kentucky kid who loves the program, even if he won’t contribute until his junior or senior year.

They are getting harder and harder to find, Darius Miller just doesn’t pop up often. But when they’re there, make it happen. That’s really all I’ve ever asked.

Well I don’t disagree with that. A real OAD prospect that can have an immediate impact are fine. Guys that should be 3 year players that are one foot out the door can’t help us. Jefferies seems to be one of those. I just never liked him after seeing his interviews. Another guy who will leave without a guarantee and likely won’t be much of a threat while he’s here. I’d much rather have a Kentucky kid who loves the program, even if he won’t contribute until his junior or senior year.

They are getting harder and harder to find, Darius Miller just doesn’t pop up often. But when they’re there, make it happen. That’s really all I’ve ever asked.
I doubt he’ll be here longer than two! He’s a top 50 kid and from what everyone says about him. He is a tireless worker! Who is constantly trying to get better.

Reactions: Bluest Member
You looked too hard. Everyone knew what he was saying, the point is why do we keep bringing up DJ Jeffries.

Dude, you need to stop trying to re-spin this. Every time you do they'll just come back at you harder.

Seems clear from your response what happened. You just missed the joke. That's OK, everybody's missed sarcasm at some point (although that was a really obvious miss). Best to just ignore them.

Last edited:

You ask more than that...

Dude, you need to stop trying to re-spin this. Every time you do they'll just come back at you harder.

It's obvious from your response what happened. You just missed the joke. That's OK, everybody's missed sarcasm at some point (although that was a seriously obvious miss). Best to just ignore them.
I didnt miss his lame joke, he wasnt even the first person to post "DJ who" in this thread. I didnt miss the obvious sarcasm, you guys missed my point. The point is we're bigger than DJ Jeffries and should let it go, he was brought up 6 times in a Dontaie Allen thread. I wasnt trying to explain to him who DJ Jeffries is. This shouldn't have to be explained, the irony.

Solid player. Should start to see good minutes by his Jr year. Has to find a role since he won’t be a primary, secondary third scorer and has to work on his defense a lot (even he said that)

Reactions: Cindog28
Great news. Wonder if Jefferies knew he was on the way along with, hopefully, Whitney.

Speaking of Whitney, come on down!
I'm wondering the same thing. The timing is very suspect. However, great news for us. I think we all want to see players that really want to be at UK and an in-state talent just makes it better.

I love that this kid’s game is where it is without ever being pushed by great competition. Put him up agInst great players everyday and watch how good he becomes.

You ask more than that...

I have only ever asked for Kentucky to compete. Not win titles or make final fours, I'm cool with the NIT as long as everyone is ethical, moral, and upstanding.

I doubt he’ll be here longer than two! He’s a top 50 kid and from what everyone says about him. He is a tireless worker! Who is constantly trying to get better.

Eh, depends on what he wants. I don't think he's a first round pick regardless. Could see him playing 3/4 years and graduating.

Reactions: JASUN74
So does this mean Maxey is pg, Allen sg and Whitney is being recruited as playing sf ? I know its way to early to even think about this stuff.
Do u think we will only play one sg per game or something? You ack like you can only have five players total on a team. Just be happy for Allen, I’m sure Whitney is going to be glad he’s playing with him next year. We have any where between 10 to 15 players per year. Unless you think Whitney is scared of, or don’t like Allen I don’t know why you are asking this. Not trying to be ass but can you clarify why you would have waited? I really don’t get it.

Nice get Cats! Bruce was close to offering this young stud before we got Okoro. Must be a baller.

Eh, depends on what he wants. I don't think he's a first round pick regardless. Could see him playing 3/4 years and graduating.
I agree with this. I think he will play next year and be a really good player for us in his second year but he’s a different type of guy I believe. He loves the KY Wildcats and unless he’s a top ten pick , I think he will want to stay and live his dreams out. Winning a couple of championships would be the icing on the cake.

Reactions: morgousky
Nice get Cats! Bruce was close to offering this young stud before we got Okoro. Must be a baller.

Bruce has always tried to get in on Kentucky boys, and the only one stupid enough to actually play for the water buffalo was Hopson, who wasn't really a Kentucky guy.

Who in the hell grows up in Kentucky wanting to be a player for Alabama Jr college or UTjr? None.

Addition by subtraction followed by another addition. Can't wait to see this kid play. It will be refreshing knowing a Kentuckian is on the roster--him being talented is just icing on the cake. He'll be a fan favorite. I'll be pulling for him more than usual.

Reactions: floatingyou
Solid player. Should start to see good minutes by his Jr year. Has to find a role since he won’t be a primary, secondary third scorer and has to work on his defense a lot (even he said that)
This kid is a 5 star talent he's going to have a major impact year 1 not 3 lol. 6"6 dudes with elite offensive skills are not real common.

Reactions: Bluest Member
IMO this kid will be good and a solid 6th-7th man next season but by year 2 he will be an ALL SEC type and if he somehow stays 3 years an ALL AA type . I hold a similar opinion about Herro. Though Herro is a 2 year player tops and might win SEC POY as a sophomore.

Y’all realize keyser’s not the one that missed the joke right? No one missed that joke. It just wasn’t funny, it’s played out and even making the joke contradicts itself. His response was a counter joke. He was responding to it in the most literal manner possible as a mockery of it.

Now, about new wildcat Dontaie Allen.

What’s our lineup look like his freshman year? I think there’s a chance one of green or Quickley returns. We could still get another guard from that class but the only one we’re currently recruiting appears to be Cole Anthony. Feel like Baker and Herro are almost certain to be back but Herro’s ability to get his shot and hit from just about anywhere on the floor is going to be attractive to gm’s. So hard to predict a lineup a year out now.

Reactions: ~Keyser Soze~
I said this was going to happen two weeks ago and everyone buried me. Buried me!!! But, this was just like I said it would happen.

Nope. That is not true. But, I so love the “everyone buried me, but I was right” posts. Just wanted to see how they feel.

Kind of gross.

Reactions: JASUN74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT