ADVERTISEMENT

DONTAIE ALLEN!

First thing that comes to mind is that this is a 17 year old who has worked maniacally his entire life for this.

We all remember what it's like to be five years old in the driveway pretending to be Goose or Rex or Delk or Prince or whoever. Imagine actually living that dream.

Gotta be pumped for the kid. I can't imagine what it was like to hear Cal offer a scholarship to play basketball at Kentucky for a kid who grew up a fan.

It's also a really nicely timed shot at Jeffries and he'll be a good player for us and all that. But he's gotta be floating right now. Good for him.

Well said bro

Color me shocked, a member of the lame clown posse ran to the rescue of another lame clown posse member. I get sarcasm, I dont get the obsession with DJ Jeffries.
iUu7npU.gif

great love having Kentucky kids on the team,wonder how he compares with another Kentucky kid in Darius Miller

Reactions: UKWildcatT
So glad this happened. He's got a lot more upside than Willis/Hawkins.

Not overly athletic, but finishes around the rim, knocks down 3's, and passes it well. Rivals has him 1 spot below DJ Jefferies. He'll be able to fill the exact same role, just as well if not better. Jefferies by all accounts was a 4 built like a 3. Allen is a 2 that can step into the 3 role.

I always post this and I'm sure everyone's sick of hearing it. I don't care as much about the Kentucky boy part of this, although it's cool. I think we need 1-2 guys each year that are likely to be here for 3-4 years, but able to step in and contribute when called upon. I think Allen fits that mold to perfection.

The fact that he committed right away--he wants to be a cat. He and his father didn't throw a fit or gripe about coming off the bench like KyKy Tandy and his dad. They get it. It's Kentucky. You'll play against the best. You'll be in the best position to go pro if you're built for it. But you may come off the bench. You may have to wait your turn.

I think he was going to Kentucky regardless, he just wanted that offer directly from cal. Once he heard that his decision was completely made. He knew going anywhere else was a waste of time. He’s a ky boy and wanted to be here all along no shock he committed on the spot. Hopefully Whitney follows suit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT