ADVERTISEMENT

Donovan theory

He's strung UK along twice before, once accepting then backing out. If he was really interested he should let it be known. Looks like he's using UK as a option if he gets fired. He's never wanted to be here and I 'd much rather have someone who wants to be here.
That was 16 years ago. I can't even remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday.

Also, how do you know he hasn't expressed interest? He wouldn't do it publicly.

Reactions: Ugoff
Called me an hour ago.

-TP said remember when I said can I sleep in your basement, I’m only partly joking now. They are extremely excited but also in the dark like the rest of us.

-Billy already has 2 assistants 1000% on board and he would wants them in Lexington immediately to start visiting players.

-I was told Billy D was contacted first and was told he is always their first choice but due to circumstances UK is going to explore a few other people. I’m guessing UK was putting out a feeler.

-I’ve also heard of some golf that has taken place with a particular agent.

-an idea of a basketball GM who Billy D would have to approve might be an option that would be in charge of NIL, scouting etc etc. But Mitch would have to sign off on that.

Reminder this isn’t me, this is all coming for people in the know that I know.
Gonna be a short window on the portal left to put a roster together. If he agreed under the table to take the job, you'd want to get guys fanning out hard building the roster.

Donovan has a history of being wishy-washy and changing his mind or waffling. Tough to trust him without ink on paper.

Reactions: susan2361
Me 2, I’m to the point now that we need a splash hire to show we still are the “it” program. There aren’t many splash people still left.
We are getting blasted on ESPN not that I’m surprised because Steven A Smith is a crayon eater who hates us like everyone else there. He said since 1996 we have one title. So we aren’t the job anymore. I’m like good research.

Gonna be a short window on the portal left to put a roster together. If he agreed under the table to take the job, you'd want to get guys fanning out hard building the roster.

Donovan has a history of being wishy-washy and changing his mind or waffling. Tough to trust him without ink on paper.
The only way i think this could happen is he goes to the Bulls brass and says I’m gone after this year but I’ll give you everything I’ve got until we get beat out. In the meantime he has a team of assistants hammering out the roster. Billy could do a lot by zoom. But yea, it wouldn’t be easy.

I’m fairly confident that if Mitch is going to wait around for Donovan that he HAS been communicating through back channels.

And no, I don’t think Billy is trying to string Kentucky along in case he gets canned. That would be a MAJOR dick move.
How long did he wait the previous two times before giving an answer?

He's strung UK along twice before, once accepting then backing out. If he was really interested he should let it be known. Looks like he's using UK as a option if he gets fired. He's never wanted to be here and I 'd much rather have someone who wants to be here.
Different circumstances though. It’s one thing to change your mind because you got cold feet or your family doesn’t wanna make the move or whatever. It’s a whole nother thing to PURPOSEFULLY string a school along knowing how bad it would jam them up just so you can make them your safety net. That’s straight up narcissist crap.

Called me an hour ago.

-TP said remember when I said can I sleep in your basement, I’m only partly joking now. They are extremely excited but also in the dark like the rest of us.

-Billy already has 2 assistants 1000% on board and he would wants them in Lexington immediately to start visiting players.

-I was told Billy D was contacted first and was told he is always their first choice but due to circumstances UK is going to explore a few other people. I’m guessing UK was putting out a feeler.

-I’ve also heard of some golf that has taken place with a particular agent.

-an idea of a basketball GM who Billy D would have to approve might be an option that would be in charge of NIL, scouting etc etc. But Mitch would have to sign off on that.

Reminder this isn’t me, this is all coming for people in the know that I know.
I really pray this is true. Like RunninRichie said above, this is the last hope for the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT