ADVERTISEMENT

Donovan theory

Bigkyfan10

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2005
Donovan's people might be telling UK to wait until after the NBA Season, because he wants to keep his options open if he gets fired. And the reason he doesn't want to talk to UK right now is, because ultimately he would choose the Bulls over UK if he doesn't get fired. So he doesn't want to jeopardize his Bulls contract. Coach Cal had no issue talking to Arkansas even though he was under contract with UK, because he knew he didn't want to coach at UK anymore. Billy is trying to string along UK just in case he gets fired. If UK is serious about Billy then within the next couple of days Billy need to give a clear silent verbal yes or they need to look elsewhere. Because it's so obvious what he's doing if he isn't willing to talk through back channels right now.

You haven't read up much on the stressed relationship he's had with Bulls fans and management. Only way he doesn't get fired is if he make some sort of crazy run in the playoffs. Odds are very low for that.

And I've read his wife is ready to be done with the NBA. So if we don't get him, someone might.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Reminds me of Liam Coen. He ultimately wants to be in the pros no matter what he says.

I will be disappointed when he says no though.

Everyone is acting in their own interest at the end of the day. Kentucky can probably pay more than the Bulls are willing to pay. Bulls fans appear to be almost ambivalent either way. Bulls GM might see it as a Calipari situation and a way for both sides to walk away happy.

Donovan's people might be telling UK to wait until after the NBA Season, because he wants to keep his options open if he gets fired. And the reason he doesn't want to talk to UK right now is, because ultimately he would choose the Bulls over UK if he doesn't get fired. So he doesn't want to jeopardize his Bulls contract. Coach Cal had no issue talking to Arkansas even though he was under contract with UK, because he knew he didn't want to coach at UK anymore. Billy is trying to string along UK just in case he gets fired. If UK is serious about Billy then within the next couple of days Billy need to give a clear silent verbal yes or they need to look elsewhere. Because it's so obvious what he's doing if he isn't willing to talk through back channels right now.
He is and wants to continue to be an NBA coach. His heart wouldn't be in any college job.

Your souce is literally my last hope for this program.
Called me an hour ago.

-TP said remember when I said can I sleep in your basement, I’m only partly joking now. They are extremely excited but also in the dark like the rest of us.

-Billy already has 2 assistants 1000% on board and he would wants them in Lexington immediately to start visiting players.

-I was told Billy D was contacted first and was told he is always their first choice but due to circumstances UK is going to explore a few other people. I’m guessing UK was putting out a feeler.

-I’ve also heard of some golf that has taken place with a particular agent.

-an idea of a basketball GM who Billy D would have to approve might be an option that would be in charge of NIL, scouting etc etc. But Mitch would have to sign off on that.

Reminder this isn’t me, this is all coming for people in the know that I know.

Called me an hour ago.

-TP said remember when I said can I sleep in your basement, I’m only partly joking now. They are extremely excited but also in the dark like the rest of us.

-Billy already has 2 assistants 1000% on board and he would wants them in Lexington immediately to start visiting players.

-I was told Billy D was contacted first and was told he is always their first choice but due to circumstances UK is going to explore a few other people. I’m guessing UK was putting out a feeler.

-an idea of a basketball GM who Billy D would have to approve might be an option that would be in charge of NIL, scouting etc etc. But Mitch would have to sign off on that.

Trilly Donovan just reported that Pope is getting an in person interview. I hope they're right.

Reactions: Coach Marrow
You haven't read up much on the stressed relationship he's had with Bulls fans and management. Only way he doesn't get fired is if he make some sort of crazy run in the playoffs. Odds are very low for that.

And I've read his wife is ready to be done with the NBA. So if we don't get him, someone might.

Per HOB his job is not in any danger whatsoever? Idk man.

Reactions: TheDude73
I’m fairly confident that if Mitch is going to wait around for Donovan that he HAS been communicating through back channels.

And no, I don’t think Billy is trying to string Kentucky along in case he gets canned. That would be a MAJOR dick move.
He's strung UK along twice before, once accepting then backing out. If he was really interested he should let it be known. Looks like he's using UK as a option if he gets fired. He's never wanted to be here and I 'd much rather have someone who wants to be here.

Reactions: susan2361
I just don’t know what kind of players he could get. I have no doubt he could coach them up but I think there are at least 6-8 other people that would be better

I truly don’t understand the Pope interview. If it was a “courtesy” then why only now? And not before?

There’s no way Mitch (who I’m not a huge fan of but he’s done his due diligence so far) goes from lowkey asking Oats, Drew and offering Hurley $100+ million to mark pope.

Right?

I truly don’t understand the Pope interview. If it was a “courtesy” then why only now? And not before?

There’s no way Mitch (who I’m not a huge fan of but he’s done his due diligence so far) goes from lowkey asking Oats, Drew and offering Hurley $100+ million to mark pope.

Right?
Mitch sucks dude. Put NOTHING past him.

Reactions: TriCountyCat
Called me an hour ago.

I’m hope to the sweet lord your connection is spot on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT