ADVERTISEMENT

Donovan is the Guy

So you're good with tanking next year?? Cause we can't get him for at least 10 days cause of his NBA play in game

So say we get him, but then portal is done or almost and most freshmen have committed somewhere by then

You willing to lose alot next year to get him??

I think it would be worth it. Maybe Reed return with Perry. You’ve got a good backcourt. Get some bigs and reserves from the portal, with good coaching could field a decent team. In the long run he’s a multi final four, national championship coach

So you're good with tanking next year?? Cause we can't get him for at least 10 days cause of his NBA play in game

So say we get him, but then portal is done or almost and most freshmen have committed somewhere by then

No matter who we get next year, we'll be better than the past several years. But this is a hire for a longer term than next year anyway.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi

Absolutely. New coach gonna need a year or two to really get going anyway. If all our current players and recruits don't want to play for a great coach with NBA experience, so be it. I can handle an NIT season next year for the potential of greatness the next 10.

Some of them on this board are ok with that. Of course they would piss and moan the whole year.

I say piss on a throwaway year!

100% I am. It's called an investment.

Reactions: CGblue
Donovan is the guy. Donovan has always been the guy. The timing has never been right. It is now. Kids are grown. He's at the end of his deal with the Bulls. It just makes too much sense. Make it happen Mitch.
It's destiny. B D Energy on the way!!!

Portal guys can transfer even through the summer.

The window to declare oneself in the portal closes on May 1st.

Donovan comes here on April 21st, and starts recruiting within a week. He'd have over a month to make connections and get some guys here.

And yes, it could get ugly in year one, but I think he'd be killing it by year 2. It's worth the crappy season to get him here over some of these other guys.

Donovan is the guy. Donovan has always been the guy. The timing has never been right. It is now. Kids are grown. He's at the end of his deal with the Bulls. It just makes too much sense. Make it happen Mitch.
F YES... It's a no brainer!!! He is hands down the best option out there x 3!!! Put your pride away and make it happen Mitch!

Really? You watch b
And then lost to UVA and then Yale this year. I'm not saying he's a bad coach. Just don't know what else he brings to the table that Cal didn't.
Really, you watch basketball? Pearl is an actual coach. Cal quit that years ago sadly. Not to mention the end of the one and done cycle nonsense. Pearl is coaching at Auburn. Cal was coaching at Kentucky l

Donovan, with his NBA background, would probably immediately step in as college basketball's best recruiter. We wouldn't skip a beat there. Especially with the UK brand.

Plus, you know, 9 years of coaching experience at the highest level of the sport, 26 years of college coaching experience and two championships.

And a very deep understanding of the UK culture to boot.

If We can keep Burks, Shepherd, Z, and Ugo… keep Richmond, Perry… gab some portal players…Billy could coach them, and might pull off a respectable season.

Reactions: CGblue
If Mitch misses on Donavon its time to get another person to try and fix this problem. If he misses again, we will not be getting a coach that can compete at the level we will all expect. Talented players are not going to be coming here because it will give them a leg up to the NBA anymore especially with a lesser coach. It will be all about the NIL and I don't trust Mitch to fix that either.

Reactions: 3Eye
Donovan, with his NBA background, would probably immediately step in as college basketball's best recruiter. We wouldn't skip a beat there. Especially with the UK brand.

Plus, you know, 9 years of coaching experience at the highest level of the sport, 26 years of college coaching experience and two championships.

And a very deep understanding of the UK culture to boot.
Absolutely spot on.

Reactions: podgejeff_
And then lost to UVA and then Yale this year. I'm not saying he's a bad coach. Just don't know what else he brings to the table that Cal didn't.
Hunger and motivation. Pearl wants a title (and respect) as much as he wants another piece of pie and a sweatband.

If I remember correctly, Donovan was pretty successful signing foreign players at Florida.

If Mitch misses on Donavon its time to get another person to try and fix this problem. If he misses again, we will not be getting a coach that can compete at the level we will all expect. Talented players are not going to be coming here because it will give them a leg up to the NBA anymore especially with a lesser coach. It will be all about the NIL and I don't trust Mitch to fix that either.
This guy will compete!!

I like Donavan and his wife has stated in a recent article that she likes being a college coach’s wife.
Many on this forum made comments regarding Scott Drew’s faith so I wanted to post this about Billy and his wife’s faith from this same article.

Faith is an important aspect of the couple’s relationship. “Everything revolves around that,” Billy said. “The more we’re centered in God and our faith, we have a little more internal peace, and we’re more reflective of what God wants us to be.”

I am a Christian and wholeheartedly support both of these coaches professions of faith. Billy IMO would be a great choice as the next UK head coach.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT