ADVERTISEMENT

Does UK get in the tournament with a 20-12 record?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than likely just bc of our name
vs. Ole Miss: win (17-7)
@ Auburn: loss (17-8)
@ LSU: loss (17-9)
vs. Alabama: win (18-9)
@ Mississippi State: loss (18-10)
vs. Arkansas: win (19-10)
vs. Vandy: win (20-10)
@ Tennessee: loss (20-11)
vs. SEC tourney opponent: loss (20-12)

I honestly think Bama beats us by 10+. Oats will look to put it on Cal. Hell, I’m not confident against Ole Miss either.

I would say we win at LSU & lose at home vs bama

What about if we go 22-10?

This Ole Miss game will be the key to the rest of the season. If we could win that one and then finish 4-3 the rest of the way, that would definitely get us in if we win one in the SEC Tournament which would make us 23-11

But that is a lot of "IF'S"!!!!!

I HATE what Cal has done with UK Basketball where we are CONSTANTLY having to use the word "IF"!!!!

This team won't win a game in the sec or ncaa tourney. Not a bold prediction but what I see.

They suck so bad on D just see them losing a ton more games.

Probably because of the UNC win and the fact that they know we'll draw some eyeballs. But if we go in with that record, I would be shocked if we aren't playing the First Four for an 11 seed.

Reactions: ORCAT and catben
This team won't win a game in the sec or ncaa tourney. Not a bold prediction but what I see.

They suck so bad on D just see them losing a ton more games.
You are probably right. Even these Mid-major teams have a big bruising Center that is just strong and can score on Post moves. We seem to not be able to stop that and when we do, can't get a rebound so the opponent gets more than one shot every trip they miss.

Hard to overcome when you can't get stops OR rebounds when they miss. EVERY game we have lost except maybe USC has come down to giving up too many 2nd chance points.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Pretty confident we beat Ole Miss on Tuesday. Hate the 9 PM start time though.

We have been close to wins vs Florida (should been a win) and had a good shot vs Gonzaga.

Almost for sure losing 10 regular season games but I think we get the win Tuesday.

After that you get smashed by Auburn because they are at home. They stink on the road but play out of their mind at home.

So I have it 19-9 with 3 games being 50/50 plus SEC tournament

@ LSU: 50 / 50
vs. Alabama: 50 / 50
@ Mississippi State: 50 / 50

vs. Arkansas: win (18-8)
vs. Vandy: win (19-8)
@ Tennessee: loss (19-9)
vs. SEC tourney opponent: Unknown until we see the seed/draw

Last edited:
I think we may need to win at least one game in the SEC-T to get in. That's if we lose @LSU and to Bama at home. Also, a word of warning, the Ole Miss game on Tuesday night won't be a cakewalk.
It's at least possible that we limp into the NCAA-T and have to go to Dayton for the Play-In game. That would be humiliating.

• Sad
Reactions: catben
I think we may need to win at least one game in the SEC-T to get in. That's if we lose @LSU and to Bama at home. Also, a word of warning, the Ole Miss game on Tuesday night won't be a cakewalk.
It's at least possible that we limp into the NCAA-T and have to go to Dayton for the Play-In game. That would be humiliating.
They are losing bama at home can just go ahead and mark that one day as a L. But it they win Tuesday, get lsu and then the two bad teams at home, 20-11 should get them in

Pretty confident we beat Ole Miss on Tuesday. Hate the 9 PM start time though.

We have been close to wins vs Florida (should been a win) and had a good shot vs Gonzaga.

Almost for sure losing 10 regular season games but I think we get the win Tuesday.

After that you get smashed by Auburn because they are at home. They stink on the road but play out of their mind on the road.

So I have it 19-9 with 3 games being 50/50 plus SEC tournament

@ LSU: 50 / 50
vs. Alabama: 50 / 50
@ Mississippi State: 50 / 50

vs. Arkansas: win (18-8)
vs. Vandy: win (19-8)
@ Tennessee: loss (19-9)
vs. SEC tourney opponent: Unknown until we see the seed/draw
I don’t know how you can be confident about any win at this point.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
You are probably right. Even these Mid-major teams have a big bruising Center that is just strong and can score on Post moves. We seem to not be able to stop that and when we do, can't get a rebound so the opponent gets more than one shot every trip they miss.

Hard to overcome when you can't get stops OR rebounds when they miss. EVERY game we have lost except maybe USC has come down to giving up too many 2nd chance points.
We don't even TRY to get rebounds. Both Bradshaw and Ugonna standing flatfooted yesterday and watching the ball. Pure laziness.

• Angry
Reactions: catben
Imagine if we miss the tournament, that would be 3 times in his 15 years here with all the nba talent he has had (40+) players. Absolutely shameful

• Angry
Reactions: seccats04
We don't even TRY to get rebounds. Both Bradshaw and Ugonna standing flatfooted yesterday and watching the ball. Pure laziness.
They both had one foot out the door before the year even began. Ugo wanted to transfer. AB was "going pro" no matter how poorly this year went. Why try?

Reactions: NociHTTP
I'm totally fine missing the tournament (AGAIN) if it means CCC is gone at the end of this year. I can't take anymore ugly basketball after this year. It's become too frustrating to enjoy. I watched about ten minutes of the game today.

I believe we get in. There is a chance after the SEC Tournament that Sout Carolina may be the only team with single digit losses.

I believe we get in. There is a chance after the SEC Tournament that Sout Carolina may be the only team with single digit losses.
Auburn may have single digit losses as well but neither Auburn nor South Carolina played any competition out of conf.

It’s gonna hurt and be embarrassing but not making the tournament might be the one thing that may force Barney’s hand. I hope we don’t lose Fland and Somto but if we do so be it.

We’re fighting for that last spot (7th SEC team) into the dance. We’re about to go unranked and off the radar completely.

It’s really hard watching the decline of a once elite program.

• Love
Reactions: westerncat
This is going to sound ridiculous but the whole sport and judgement of teams is coming down to efficiency metrics, predominantly KenPom. The NET is the metric most used now by the NCAA and you can tell that almost mirrors KP. So understanding the importance of that, I’ll say if we stay top 40 there I don’t think there will be much question.

For reference we’re 27 in KP and 25 in the NET. Our historically bad defense has started to pull us down noticeably. Our SOS will go up as well as we play 5,6, and 7 the next month.

All that to say 20-12 probably gets us in. But how much we win and lose the games by on the way will have a big impact.

Reactions: Kerry Kat
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT