ADVERTISEMENT

Does UCONN have the worst fanbase in college basketball?

Just from a social media/message board/internet perspective, UConn fans seem much more tolerable than UNC, Kansas and Indiana fans. If you go to the Phog forum there's some serious little brother energy permeating.

Northeast is a large area. New York City is great. Boston is pretty good. The Hartford/Storrs area is not. It’s depressing and boring as hell. And it’s a long 2 hours from NYC.
You can keep your cities. I've spent time in the power triangle and have no need or desire to return.

When I said north east I should have said New England states. I do kinda like Vermont though.

Reactions: CatsDomain
You can keep your cities. I've spent time in the power triangle and have no need or desire to return.

When I said north east I should have said New England states. I do kinda like Vermont though.
What is the power triangle? Unfamiliar with the term.

Unpopular answer here but in my limited interactions, it’s Notre Dame fans are the worst. Maybe I just interacted with them at the wrong place/time but they surely caused me to do a double take lol

They are unbearable. It seems like we always lost to them in the tournament too. They just look down us and see us as hicks lmao.

6 national championships in 25 years would be a dream come true through.

What is the power triangle? Unfamiliar with the term.
It's what they called the area between Washington DC, New York, and Philly because all the political players lived in a little triangle between the cities. It's also call the historic triangle and these days they call it the Northeast megalopolis.

Reactions: UK90
It's what they called the area between Washington DC, New York, and Philly because all the political players lived in a little triangle between the cities. It's also call the historic triangle and these days they call it the Northeast megalopolis.
Ah that makes sense. I mean I can’t lie, I like Northeast cities like that, I like public transportation and subways, etc., big buildings. But Hartford/Storrs isn’t that

Reactions: FirewithFire
I lived in the upper west side and worked in Manhattan for a few years. This was before things went over the cliff during COVID, so it may be a different story now. It wasn't all that bad, except for some crazy random stories involving bums and subway freaks. I had zero issues with people and most people minded their own business.

The folks from up north who bothered me and rubbed me the wrong way were old money trust funder types from Connecticut and Massachusetts. Those folks were almost exclusively entitled a-holes and some of the worst people I've ever met in my life.

Aren't people like that concerned with punching down? Right, we are mostly poor and rural and we don't have any professional sports in our state (neither to they but they are practically in NY). So does it make them feel good to point that out? How many people in CT were born and raised there? We have little else to celebrate. That is part of why it means MORE to us.

We have fans that save up all year to go to the SEC tournament, or some of them save up just to go to a game at Rupp. Wouldn't you want to play for people who will go absolutely crazy when you win? The more you win the more we will love you, you win enough you will damn near get worshiped. There is no upper limit for us--we won't get distracted by NFL or NBA or MLB or Hockey, we live and breathe Kentucky basketball. Our excitement is limitless. Come win here and experience the limitless adoration of millions of fans.

The average household income in Storrs is $71,147. The average household income in Lexington is $104,553.

Education in Storrs - Bachelor's Degree (4.91%) and Graduate Degree (5.83%)
Education in Lexington - Bachelor's Degree (24.77%) and Graduate Degree (16.86%)

But yeah, were "poor little country bumpkins."

The average household income in Storrs is $71,147. The average household income in Lexington is $104,553.

Education in Storrs - Bachelor's Degree (4.91%) and Graduate Degree (5.83%)
Education in Lexington - Bachelor's Degree (24.77%) and Graduate Degree (16.86%)

But yeah, were "poor little country bumpkins."

How can they afford to live in CT? Damn that's low for what's basically 4 KY counties in size and 2-3x the cost for a home on a postage stamp.

No one likes a graceless winner. But are those three really representative of the whole fanbase? The worst here would make me feel just as bad about us if I had any illusions they represented anyone but themselves.

I've said it elsewhere, but Nate Northington was the first black football player to integrate SEC football. That was a big deal in 1967-1968.

636101793452297617-IMG-1226.JPG

This is UK

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT