ADVERTISEMENT

Does Louisville Have The Worst Schedule

They have 1 or 2 (Kentucky and Notre Dame) decent opponents. The rest are just awful.

They have 1 or 2 (Kentucky and Notre Dame) decent opponents. The rest are just awful.
Is Duke on their schedule? It is one of the easiest schedules in the ACC, no doubt. Duke may be a conference challenger, however. It would be awful for the ACC if UL was playing for the ACC championship this year.

Why would UL play Murray St on TV on a Thursday night? Who other than UL fans want to see that game?

I don’t watch much NFL, but did last night.
Same here. It's thin greul with the slate of games this week though. Few notable matchups.

We play 11 P5 games, have you looked at your first 5 games? Schedule smack is silly since we play each other.
The ACC is what it is - Louisville is a top team in that conference. The luck of the league schedule has them playing the weaker teams - but when the entire conference is weaker - that's going to happen! Like rockycard said- look at our first 3 games. But the difference is then we begin playing in conference it's a murders row! Every team we play after the first 4 were pre season top 40 teams. I know everyone is down on Florida and they did some stupid things in game 1, but they have a lot of talent - let them play a good game and the opponent has one of those days - and the Gators might come back - which I hate to see. Tennessee will tell us how good or bad Florida really is next week. I think UK has 3 of the top 5 teams in the country scheduled - but UK didn't schedule them - the SEC did!

Go Big Blue!

In Division One? What a bunch of mild nuts
I guess it guarantees Brohm a winning season
Yes but what else is new ! They have continually played one or two decent games per year regardless of the conference they’ve been in and thumped their chest and act as though they’re competing for title or something ? They caught us when we were very low on talent in football a few years ago. Now thats been fixed and look what results have been. The good news is this. They’ll win 8 games or more and come into our game with a low spread or maybe favored. I paid for a very nice vacation last year when Louisville come in only 3 point underdog ! Most delusional fan base there is. They really think they matter. Here’s some numbers for you ? The 2020 sences says that in the city of Louisville itself. 38% is card fans, while 32% are wildcat fans. The rest of the population don’t care. In the state 44% of the state are cat fans and 7% are card fans. There are more Duke fans in the state than card fans. This won’t stop them from saying Bear Brohm is going to Nat. Championship

If you consider the ACC power 5. The ACC is a joke. VANDY would beat 3/4 of teams in Conference.
Maybe the SEC should rethink itself - trade Vandy for Duke. Be good for Vandy's football program! Duke? Been doing pretty good the last few years - let them try it with the big boys!

Go Big Blue!

We play 11 P5 games, have you looked at your first 5 games? Schedule smack is silly since we play each other.
Phil Steele say`s Kentucky has the 12th most difficult schedule in the country. I wouldn`t call Georgia Tech and Murray has tough opponents. Just because you play 11 P5 games, doesn`t mean they are tough. We`ll meet in November to see who is better between the 2 of us.

If you consider the ACC power 5. The ACC is a joke. VANDY would beat 3/4 of teams in Conference.

Vandy, the SEC's worst team by a large margin, would certainly beat some ACC teams. 3/4's of the conference? No, but they'd beat some of them for sure.

In fact, I'm interested to see how they fare against Wake tomorrow. Should be a good game. I think Swann could carve up Wake's putrid defense.

The ACC is what it is - Louisville is a top team in that conference. The luck of the league schedule has them playing the weaker teams - but when the entire conference is weaker - that's going to happen! Like rockycard said- look at our first 3 games. But the difference is then we begin playing in conference it's a murders row! Every team we play after the first 4 were pre season top 40 teams. I know everyone is down on Florida and they did some stupid things in game 1, but they have a lot of talent - let them play a good game and the opponent has one of those days - and the Gators might come back - which I hate to see. Tennessee will tell us how good or bad Florida really is next week. I think UK has 3 of the top 5 teams in the country scheduled - but UK didn't schedule them - the SEC did!

Go Big Blue!
This year is a bit of an anomaly for us in that we play the three non-conference foes not named Louisville right out of the chute. Typically we have Florida as our third game and a non-conference game later in the season.

Vandy, the SEC's worst team by a large margin, would certainly beat some ACC teams. 3/4's of the conference? No, but they'd beat some of them for sure.

In fact, I'm interested to see how they fare against Wake tomorrow. Should be a good game. I think Swann could carve up Wake's putrid defense.
I admit a little exaggeration, but, Vandy would give half the teams all they want.

I admit a little exaggeration, but, Vandy would give half the teams all they want.

Fair statement.

They'd be competitive against everyone right now except for UNC, FSU, Notre Dame (if they count), Miami and probably Duke. Clemson could be dicey. Everyone else, they'd compete.

Tomorrow will reveal a lot about Vandy. There's something I like about Clark Lea, I think he could go down as a good hire for them. And they are finally investing some coin into their FB program. Overall a net positive for the SEC East.

I think UL had a tougher schedule when they played Army, Rutgers and UConn every week in the Big East or whatever it used to be called. They would crow about winning 10 or 11 games but refused to admit they only had to get up for West Virginia to make a major bowl. Let them come play in the SEC and see how they fare year after year. It wouldn't be pretty.

I think UL had a tougher schedule when they played Army, Rutgers and UConn every week in the Big East or whatever it used to be called. They would crow about winning 10 or 11 games but refused to admit they only had to get up for West Virginia to make a major bowl. Let them come play in the SEC and see how they fare year after year. It wouldn't be pretty.
7's will never get a shot at the SEC and the SEC would never consider them.

They literally bring nothing to the table. Vagabond team

Reactions: CatPatrick13
I think Louisville is a 2nd rate program, but can't fault their schedule, they play 11 P5 teams, who else does that? They are in the weaker division of their conference but not their doing.as a conference member they are just like SEC members they play who the commish schedules them to play. But for a Thursday night game, without question is was a poor matchup. And they have zero chance of getting into the playoffs this year.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT