ADVERTISEMENT

Does louisville come to rupp ranked #1?

Or are they the next #1 to fall? Lol go cats!
They play Western in Nashville, Michigan in the Yum, Texas Tech in MSG, a conference game against Pittsburgh at home. The rest are cupcakes... Is it likely? I don’t know... it’s a month away and they have several challenges on the horizon.

Reactions: crxohio
Reasonable chance it could be a top 5 match-up by then. We likely jump to #7 or #8 next week and more teams ahead of us will lose between now and Dec 28.

They beat Akron by 10 so they aren't invincible
Agreed that UofL is far from invincible. They led that game by 20+ at one point. They did not play well the final 10 minutes of that game and that can be an issue against better opponents.

Last edited:
Duke will stay in the top 5! M State will drop to 7-8, gotta keep the rankings up for their game next Tuesday..

Hard to see them getting by WKU, Michigan, Pitt, Texas Tech without a loss. Texas Tech is currently ranked 12th and undefeated.

They very well could be unanimous in the AP Monday. Whoever the holdout for UVa is may get them there.

I would love them to keep winning and come in unanimous in both polls. Only to get the Florida treatment form the Walsh days.

Would be so awesome to beat them as #1 by 20+

Real talk, I think Texas Tech gets them first.

I think the odds are that they take a loss but they aren't exactly over-exerting themselves with their non-conference schedule. So, it's possible. Either way, UK doesn't lose to UL. Especially at home

So far Dayton looks as good as any team i’ve watched so far. yes, any team.
I pulled hard for them this week. Made that tournament worth watching. Kansas very very lucky to have that much luck!! Dangerious team

Reactions: blubo
Or are they the next #1 to fall? Lol go cats!
Stansbury has watched us and UL and said today that he likes UL over us. Said their center is better than ours and all their players can score multiple ways while we have some that struggle to score easily. Not looking good for us, especially with Sestina out. They will have more bodies so fouls will come into play because of the physical play.

Stansbury has watched us and UL and said today that he likes UL over us. Said their center is better than ours and all their players can score multiple ways while we have some that struggle to score easily. Not looking good for us, especially with Sestina out. They will have more bodies so fouls will come into play because of the physical play.
That all may very well be true. Louisville is a veteran team, and while they will naturally improve somewhat over the course of the season, they are essentially what they are. Kentucky, as per usual, is very young, and what they look like in November usually has very little to do with what they look like in March. Or, as far as Louisville is usually concerned, late December.......

WKU has the talent to beat them on a neutral floor, if the Tops play at the level they are capable of. Whether they show up or not, that is the big question.

Stansbury would find fault at any UK team or UK player. The day this fool gives credit to UK hell will freeze over that night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT