ADVERTISEMENT

Does KU pass us in wins AGAIN this season ????

Will KU pass us again in wins this season?

• Yes

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 74 63.8%

• Total voters
Where's the contradiction? Don't just say crap for the hell of it.
Big 12 is a crap conference…..
Once SEC got serious about hoops it would be inevitable that UK would lose ground….

You just implied that the SEC was crap for a long time

I still disagree.

But for the sake of argument - and I don't really even feel that motivated for the discussion so not sure why I'm doing this - how many games does a program need to have played for winning percentage to be the most important stat? And if there is one, where is that standard defined or listed?
But dont you think having playe 100 more games is a serious advantage?

Yeah imif UK wins the matchup it won't happen this year. If they win, then I guess maybe?

Let's not forget that a BIG reason for Kansas making ground on us was our disastrous year back in 2020. And while we haven't been exceptional or anything since, you won't see a +15 win swing like that ever again.
Good point. I think the lead will flip back and forth probably starting next season. I do think it is important because number of wins is a stand alone stat while winning percentage requires some calculation which announcers, fans and the world in general are too lazy to do.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Good point. I think the lead will flip back and forth probably starting next season. I do think it is important because number of wins is a stand alone stat while winning percentage requires some calculation which announcers, fans and the world in general are too lazy to do.
I think it would be a standalone statistic, if the teams that are compared to each other at the same amount Of games played

Just to put things into perspective here, assuming we played the same number of games as KU and we won at the same clip as our history, we'd have 2,485 wins. 115 more than KU.

Also .760 is such an enormous difference compared to KU's .723. It's also way higher than the second team on this list which would be UNC at .733.

That's just how dominant UK basketball has been.

If things break the way the preseason polls indicate then Kansas will pass us. Idk any media outlet that pumps win %!over actual wins. That’s the argument of losers. We need to widen the gap not lose it again. That will probably be the ultimate humiliation to see in espn. “Kansas passed Kentucky for most wins….again”.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Just to put things into perspective here, assuming we played the same number of games as KU and we won at the same clip as our history, we'd have 2,485 wins. 115 more than KU.

Also .760 is such an enormous difference compared to KU's .723. It's also way higher than the second team on this list which would be UNC at .733.

That's just how dominant UK basketball has been.
Whats more important? The money in the bank or the number of times you put money in the bank???

What are we, like 7 or 8 games ahead of them? I don't think they'll make that difference up this year. Although who knows, Vegas has our SEC win total O/U at 12.5. Guess they see a Tubby-esque season in our future.

I don't know how good Kansas is. They'll rack up the wins in their cake conference per usual, but I don't see them being the best team in March.

Reactions: RunninRichie
If not, they will surely pass us up in felonies and bread sack trophies!

bfm-got-that-going-for-me.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT