ADVERTISEMENT

Does a double digit loss to a double digit loss team hurt Duke?

No since it was on the road against a team coached by a former national champ

BTW, in the NET system, OT games are capped at 1 point. So to the NET this is only a 1 point loss for Duke.

If UK take care of business against Auburn Saturday then we are not only a clear 2 seed but knocking on the door of a 1 seed should someone stumble.

They'll drop one spot in the polls, and stay on the 2 line, in bracketology. After all, the only reason Wake is at, .500 is because the ACC is so superior.

They should drop a good six or seven spots at least. If it was us, we wouldn't be in the top 25, flat out. Wake is now 12-15 after the win. They have a freaking losing record.

They'll drop one spot in the polls, and stay on the 2 line, in bracketology. After all, the only reason Wake is at, .500 is because the ACC is so superior.

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. No way they drop off the 2 seed line.

Are you for real here? What a bizarre metric.

Yeah I know. I was reading up on it the other day trying to figure out more about how each component is calculated and saw that. Regulation games are capped at 10 but OT games are capped at 1. Not sure the reasoning behind it.

I've heard from others here that winning by double digits helps, so I imagine losing must also.

But oddly enough.. Wake forest is 108 in NET.. despite 15 losses and being a bottom feeder.

Either way, it's a bad loss.

Reactions: BassProCat
Yeah I know. I was reading up on it the other day trying to figure out more about how each component is calculated and saw that. Regulation games are capped at 10 but OT games are capped at 1. Not sure the reasoning behind it.
My guess would be to eliminate outliers to some degree. OT loss being 1 point is odd but I suppose an 8 point loss in OT isn’t as reflective as an 8 point loss in regulation. I see both sides, but I don’t think it makes sense to have it at 1. I think 5 is more reasonable.

This loss will absolutely knock Duke down in the polls and metrics. NC State isn’t good but they’re not totally awful. Wake is 12-15. They’re terrible. This loss will really hurt them.

But they took Wake to double OT! Meanwhile, Uk couldn’t get to OT with Evansville! Duke rules! One seed baby! Duke !

Reactions: catben
One of the NET boys will be along to explain how Wake’s Win will bump them up a Quad, therefore making Duke’s loss not as bad or some crap.

Reactions: catben
3qb5b7.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT