ADVERTISEMENT

Do you have anything cool planned for Coach Pope's first game?

I might be the only one but I can’t stand watching games with other people. I’ll be parked on my couch posting to the game thread on the commercial breaks. Really excited for this season to get started. Ready to put the old behind us and get on with the new!
And then you have old people (like in my family) that proudly show their 'casual fan' card. "Oh Boy, that Cal-ee-puree sure has them working on all cylinders" after some OOC cupcake win that accomplished nothing for the players or the program.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_Dee and chroix
I usually like to watch games alone, but to me a new coach is a big deal, especially since he's an all-time UK great, which is why I want to watch the first game with family. I hope it's a great memory for them. =)

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
I’ll be looking to buy tickets for any reasonably affordable game now that Pope’s made it so exciting again. Don’t expect to find many affordable for that same reason. Short of that I’ll generally go to some packed place where everyone screams at the game together. Charlie Brown’s Restaurant in Chevy Chase is pretty good for that. I’ve never been to the KSR bar but I imagine it’s the same way.

Reactions: J_Dee
Count me in as another who’s better off watching alone. I think Cal made me a miserable SOB with UK quite honestly. I’m hoping to get back to being enjoyable at game time.

My wife (fiancee at time) tried to watch the 2018 UK vs KSU sweet 16 game with me. I threw stuff at tv and empty beer cans against wall. I blame PJs ft shooting or lack there of.

Yeah, she never watches with me anymore lol

• Haha
Reactions: J_Dee
I might be the only one but I can’t stand watching games with other people. I’ll be parked on my couch posting to the game thread on the commercial breaks. Really excited for this season to get started. Ready to put the old behind us and get on with the new!
My wife and three kids are down with my antics. 2 or three other friends understand that I may go to the garage for radio coverage to change the MOJO.
Otherwise, not so much.
2 of my progeny usually go to most of the games.
GBB!

Reactions: chroix
Count me in as another who’s better off watching alone. I think Cal made me a miserable SOB with UK quite honestly. I’m hoping to get back to being enjoyable at game time.
I will be traveling for work so I’ll need to make time to watch it. I’m a bit nervous for Pope. I have such high hopes and he has done and said everything right up to this point since being hired. I feel like I went all in on Pope after the initial freak out that he was hired. Please Pope beat the teams your supposed to beat, by a lot and beat most of the teams we want you to beat, by a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT