ADVERTISEMENT

DJ Wagner 4 for 25 in road games. 4 for 17 from 3 in neutral site games.

Not that good. Not explosive, undersized. Peaked as a freshman. Never developed past that.
Sadly this is it. I don’t even think he’s selfish . You can tell him and Edwards didn’t even want to shoot it at one point because they passed it back and forth like a hot potato.

When you’re that height and not athletic you have to develop some form of a jumper and mid range game

Marquis Teague would destroy this team. Reeves and Dillingham couldn't guard him whatsoever. Wagner and Reed wouldn't fare much better defensively.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Teague won a title at UK. Put some respect on his name. Clutch player too. He'd drop 30-40 points on Wagner.
That’s what I literally said. Wagner isn’t even half the player of Teague, and Teague couldn’t play in the NBA. What does Wagner think he is gonna do. Do you not know what can’t carry his jock means?

Reactions: Fox2monk
That’s what I literally said. Wagner isn’t even half the player of Teague, and Teague couldn’t play in the NBA. What does Wagner think he is gonna do. Do you not know what can’t carry his jock means?
Was talking about the couldnt even make it to the NBA.

**** Wagner. I'd add him and his family to the buyout.

Never want to hear that name again.

Honest question, did DJs dad go to games? I think I remember them showing him maybe at a game very early in the year, but nothing for the majority of the year. Anyone in the know?

Reed, Rob and Reeves on the floor, UK outscored Oakland

without that combination, UK was down 7

Calipari isn't stupid. His lineup choices are intentional. Its cost UK the SEC regular season, the SECT and now the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: IIIBradIII
He needs to move on. Can't have him stunting the Kentucky Basketball program because Cal feels he owes the Wagners something. Not at the peril of the Kentucky Basketball team. He did all he ever needed to for DaJuan while at Memphis.
I think Wagner has talent, but he needs a coach who can teach him and not give him the green light for everything. Cal and staff did him no favors this year.

Was not utilized with Reed Rob and Reeves near enough to penetrate and kick to open shooters
His utilization with those 3 should have been getting them water in timeouts and then occasionally giving. 1-3 minute breather to whoever needed it or could trouble support

Reactions: ukfan041
Cal sacrificed the program for certain players he made promises to! Absolutely disgusting!

Honest question, did DJs dad go to games? I think I remember them showing him maybe at a game very early in the year, but nothing for the majority of the year. Anyone in the know?
Cal called a time out towards the end of first half. DJs dad must have called Cal during commercial to set up that 3 in the corner. With all our shooters, why would Cal call a play for our worst 3 point shooter?

I think Wagner has talent, but he needs a coach who can teach him and not give him the green light for everything. Cal and staff did him no favors this year.
Yeah he definitely needs a better teacher in the game of basketball. He went from being considered one of the top draft picks coming into the season to now seeing his draft stock in the shitter. Calipari did not do him any favors. Injuries may have had something to do with it but absolutely nothing to do with his broke shot. Not a recipe for success in the NBA today.

Was not utilized with Reed Rob and Reeves near enough to penetrate and kick to open shooters
DJ is a HORRIBLE passer for a so called PG!!! He has bad floor vision and can't penetrate against even decent defenders and when he does get to the rim he struggles to finish in traffic. He is a streaky outside shooter that has to make his first one or 2 to have any chance of making another. His on ball defense was REALLY bad all year long, even slow dudes could go around him. Then in Big Games he was scared to death.

Justin was even WORSE!! He missed layups and even an UNCONTESTED dunk tonight!! He made a 3 when the game was about over, but the way he started, was atrocious. He NEVER blocks out and watches opponents rebound the ball!!

Neither are ready for the NBA, especially if they can't even compete with Mid-Major Oakland!!

Reactions: CROCAT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT