ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner Appreciation Thread (4/5 from 3)

He doesn’t even need to be that efficient he just can’t miss everything. Good omens today, and aside from that one deep drive he tried to lay off to the big at their ankles that led to a turnover he played cleanly and made good decisions.

Hey he made his shots.. and we needed all of them.

I still find his playmaker and decision making to be a little suspect. Zero assists today is unacceptable not only for a PG of his ranking, but also with the talent he has around him to make shots.

He looks way better when he had Reed and Dilly and edwards and z out there with him too.

Everyone is coming into form mostly. Mitchell gonna have to learn a new role fast though.
Yes! Love to see that group get good minutes moving forward. And obviously have to have Reeves in for major minutes for the 3 guard lineup. Whatever the 3 guards we roll with, let's pair them with Edwards/Z for major minutes.

Is the best on the ball defender that UK has. He needs to be in the game, for sure. Had a great game today!

Reactions: shodaman
And yes, great to see Bradshaw have this kind of game too. Bradshaw and Z both give us things on offense that Ugonna simply cannot. And if Ugonna isn't doing anything on defense (which he hasn't recently), there's no reason to give him many minutes over Z/Bradshaw.
It would take a very specific situation for me to play Ugo going forward. I would not be surprised to see him get some DNP's in the near future. I have nothing against him but he kills our O. Our defense and rebounding isn't any better with him so not sure how or why you would use him.

Time to give my guy some love again. Dude is hitting his shots once again. 4/5 from 3 and 6/7 overall. If Wagner can consistently hit his shots again like this, that's huge for us moving forward.
I told everybody I thought he was getting back healthy last week.

Hey he made his shots.. and we needed all of them.

I still find his playmaker and decision making to be a little suspect. Zero assists today is unacceptable not only for a PG of his ranking, but also with the talent he has around him to make shots.
Sheppard was the PG for 34 minutes today. Wagner's role in this game was to get the ball to Sheppard, take only good shots and defend. I thought he played well (also committed only one turnover) and will get even better.

I'm shocked how these kids block out the noise and stay positive. DJ is a perfect example because it hasn't been easy for him or any injured player. He had every opportunity to get down on himself and the team but didn't.

Wagner has played well all season. We are going to go as far as he takes us.

He hasn’t been making shots but the team is still better when he’s on the floor.

If he makes shots it’s gravy.

And his attitude is always great.

Reactions: jameslee32
Their guard went past him like water through a keenex
That is all you can post? It was a thread appreciating him for having a good game. You could not find ONE positive comment to post about him ? He blew by their guards also. Dropped 3s in their face. See how easy it is ? Try it sometimes, it might make you a little more tolerable of a poster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT