ADVERTISEMENT

Direct tv issues

DirecTV is in a dispute with Disney over money. That affects ABC, ESPN/SEC and Disney channels. Hope they settle differences quickly.
Thanks, heck of a time for the $$$ gods to be knocking over their pawns. Been with family all day and doing doctorate work so thought I’d tune in to watch the BC - FSU game only to be greeted with a blank screen we pay way too much $$$ for.

Reactions: JASUN74
They do this every year with the various carriers.

I recently got a new fire stick and it runs Kodi much better, and it’s been very very good for free streaming. It’s kinda silly on how I’m install the right extension but if you’re decent with computers it’s not bad. If you have a newer fire stick you can mail it to me and I’ll do it for $5. F*** Disney.

Reactions: Bterhune and CGblue
We're gonna do a 7-day free trial with one of the services that we can get the game on if needed. Hopefully it gets worked out because we like Directv Stream pretty well. Screw Disney/ESPN etc.

Reactions: Bterhune
They do this every year with the various carriers.

I recently got a new fire stick and it runs Kodi much better, and it’s been very very good for free streaming. It’s kinda silly on how I’m install the right extension but if you’re decent with computers it’s not bad. If you have a newer fire stick you can mail it to me and I’ll do it for $5. F*** Disney.
I'm not one to care if people sail the high seas, but I'd reconsider the $5. Once you start making money, the courts get a whole lot more aggressive.

I'll be doing free trials of various streaming services until they get this shit figured out. Last year ABC was out during College Football season. Now all of the ESPN Network channels.

I don't know how or why anyone used anything besides YouTube tv. Ya its costly but still cheaper than cable and way better. The only issue is going there is playing directly into the hands of these massive companies but one is as bad as the next.

Of course the real villain is Disney. They constantly raise the price of espn to these providers to the point where the vast majority of your bill is espn. If any provider dare not agree to their continually more insane price, they drop the provider during college football season which puts massive pressure on the provider to cave making prices go ever upwards.

I was all set to go with Venu Sports this year until those jerks from Fubo sued and got an injunction. So...I'm back with YouTubeTV again.

Which service are you gonna use?

I may try youtube tv or something.
Youtube TV is a good one, but we've had it before so I'm not sure we could get the free trial but you should be able to. I'll holler back at ya when we decide on one here in a day or two.

If you have an antenna you can watch local ABC.

My cheap antenna sucks. I can only pick up cbs. I tried getting a more expensive one and still no luck. I am probably doing something wrong to not maximize range I'm sure.

I'm 25 miles east of Nashville, TN so idk what the deal is. I use a family members direct TV password to watch all sports on espn app.

[QUOTE="bigblueinsanity, post: 13158227, member:

Of course the real villain is Disney. They constantly raise the price of espn to these providers to the point where the vast majority of your bill is espn. If any provider dare not agree to their continually more insane price, they drop the provider during college football season which puts massive pressure on the provider to cave making prices go ever upwards.
[/QUOTE]
This. Disney is demanding Direct TV take the bundle of their channels instead of each individually so Direct TV has to bundle them to their customers. This according to Bloomberg this am.

Disney is losing money by the millions. They keep trying to strong arm carriers by inflating prices to try and stop the bleeding. Layoffs everywhere in the company. Just last year they had issues with YouTube TV.

ESPN + for the win while this nonsense is ongoing with Direct and Disney. I have it with the Hulu/Disney + bundle.

ABC is not affected on Direct. Despite Disney ownership, it is still functioning as of today. So I suppose only the Espn family of networks is in dispute.
I live in Lexington, have DirectTV and cannot get ABC. I get the contract dispute notice.

ESPN + for the win while this nonsense is ongoing with Direct and Disney. I have it with the Hulu/Disney + bundle.
ESPN+ on it's own without paying for the main ESPN channels including SEC Network, won't let you watch our games.

So youtube tv has a 5 day free trial. Hulu plus live TV has a 3 day.

Gonna use both next 2 weekends if needed.

Maybe I should stop being cheap and get one during football season anyways.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT