ADVERTISEMENT

Dillingham free throws

bthaunert

All-American
Apr 4, 2007
Has anyone else noticed that he does a jump shot when shooting free throws and often lands on the free throw line? He did it today with about 6:30 to go in the game. It wasn’t even close. I’m shocked it hasn’t been called yet.

I couldn’t find a video (someone who is better than me at that might find one), but here is an older one

Reactions: EliteBlue
Has anyone else noticed that he does a jump shot when shooting free throws and often lands on the free throw line? He did it today with about 6:30 to go in the game. It wasn’t even close. I’m shocked it hasn’t been called yet.

I couldn’t find a video (someone who is better than me at that might find one), but here is an older one

I have noticed that. Usuallt its just one foot the rises up and slightly. Ive never seen anyone serious about ball shoot like thst from the line. Not since middle school. Theres more moving parts in his shot which usually leads to less consistency

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I've simply noticed how off to the side his jumper is, generally. I think the NBA team he gets drafted by will work on correcting that immediately.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I think he may be shooting them to fast , that is to say you have 10 seconds to shot the FT's . It might be better if he would just take a deep breath relax and them shoot. JMO

He does take a mini jump shot on his free throws. That’s obviously the best way he makes a higher %, so I say stick with it.
I believe as long as his toes are behind the line when he initiates the mini-jump, it’s OK. Now, if he lands with his toes over the line before the ball hits the rim could the refs call it a miscue? I don’t know.

Reactions: grevey35
He does take a mini jump shot on his free throws. That’s obviously the best way he makes a higher %, so I say stick with it.
I believe as long as his toes are behind the line when he initiates the mini-jump, it’s OK. Now, if he lands with his toes over the line before the ball hits the rim could the refs call it a miscue? I don’t know.
As long as you're not on the line when you release the ball it should be fine.

Reactions: grevey35
Yeah, I’m not complaining about his shot. I’m curious why he doesn’t get called for landing in the free throw line when he shoots his free throws.
It’s definitely an infraction and so is the hook and hold. Refs call games differently every year. Isiah Thomas (Boston Celtics variety) would step in the lane on every free throw. I’m not sure it was ever called.

Reactions: Fox2monk
The shooter can’t cross the line until the ball touches the rim or backboard. Also if Billy Gillispie is reading, you cannot goaltend the free throw.
Wasn’t that the tornado SEC Tournament with Tubby coaching when the game was moved to Georgia Tech?

Whatever works, his shot is pretty and so is the rotation on his ball. Consistency is the key, I bet it helps him on his jumper finding the range.

Whatever works, his shot is pretty and so is the rotation on his ball. Consistency is the key, I bet it helps him on his jumper finding the range.
I don’t care about the jumper part. It’s that his foot lands on the line. Another poster said he did get a warning in the Florida game about it.

I never understood why more people don't shoot jump shots from the free throw line. Every other shot you take in a game you jump.

That was the moment I knew Gillespie was a drunk fro real. Who TF makes that decision? That’s a “I’m feeling buzzed and I’m a genius” moment if I’ve ever seen one.

That's the moment I knew he was getting fired. That's not a sane or rational thought.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT