ADVERTISEMENT

Did your opinion on Stoops change after yesterdays win/last night?

Not really. He is who he is. A guy that can win 6 or 7 games most seasons in a difficult conference where NIL and competition is only gonna be a bigger and bigger problem each season.

A little more positive, I guess. But, he needs to retool the offense and tighten up the D (duh!). Of course, it would help to find 4-5* players to fit his system. Is Gran and Lynn Bowden available?
I’d be OK with 8 wins per season. In a stacked SEC with power teams like GA. AL, LSU, TN, TX, FL, and maybe MS, it will be hard to win more than 4 games in SEC play.

He turned what was a beautiful day into a sh!t show about him & only him. Who even remembers, much less talks about, beating LV tonight? Net, he no longer gets any benefit of the doubt from me.

I was not a Stoops fan to begin with, so the Win Saturday didn’t make me think more of him. The tale of “ I knew in my heart I couldn’t leave “. That makes me think a lot less of him. Just like players that want to transfer, if you don’t want to be here, please leave, everyone will be better off. IMO.

No my opinion changed on some of the so called experts on here and other outlets saying it was done but didn’t realize there’s bigger forces out there than them. Ridiculous

How can beating UL in year 11 really change a thing?

1. Lamar/UL were solildy better in 2016 IMO....so this may not be a top 3 UL team Stoops has played in 11 years on the job. Jake Plummer as QB....can't name a skill WR,RB or TE on the roster and a usual ho-hum ACC defense. I know statistically this will be Stoops first top 10 ranked win....but I coulkd name 10 wins Stoops had that were better teams than over hyped UL baloney.
2. Stoops is a solid coach....but we didn't even paly that well to be honst.
- Leary was 12-22 (barely 50% completion) and a truly stupid Int as his usual self
- UK got a special teams TD
- UK got 2 bad UL fumbles
- UK Oline was not able to maul UL as we usually do
- UK gave up more 3rd and greater than 12 yards a few times again
3. Stoops did his patented puss defense at end of game to rush 3 and hope UL runs out of time.

This game was cool to own the in state rival.....but we aren't a legit SEC football team right now is the bigger picture in year 11 and this game changes nothing of UK trajectory under Stoops.

No, adapt or be gone. Now, he needs to plan every game like the UofL game but if Brown doesn’t take the kickoff back for the td I don’t think it would have mattered. We were kinda in a hole there.
Can't play the "but" game after the fact because it happened. I'm glad Stoops is back and I agree he needs to adapt. You can't play half Iowa/half SEC football and expect a great season.

Reactions: 23jumpboy
I'm not necessarily opposed to or against Stoops, I just don't think
he's the world beater a lot of fans thinks he is. Having said that
I saw some changes in the game yesterday that I liked and I believe
they had a positive effect on the team's performance. First off, our
players weren't out there shooting off their mouths like they've
been doing all season so obviously the coaches got that message
out to the players. It should have been done about the second game
of the season, but at least it seems like it has been addressed and I
hope that becomes the standard. Secondly, I like seeing Coen on the
sidelines. Maybe that had a steadying influence, don't know for sure
but I hope so.