ADVERTISEMENT

Did Stoops get a call from Ferentz?

wildcatglenn

All-SEC
Mar 8, 2005
USA
Stoops said last night "I couldn’t leave the University of Kentucky right now".
It is now rumored Ferentz will retire after the bowl game. Did Stoops back away from TAMU for his alma mater Iowa? What timing......

I think Stoops is gone, won’t be back next season. How many assistants does he take with him to Iowa?

I think Stoops is gone, won’t be back next season. How many assistants does he take with him to Iowa?

All of them unless one is hired as replacement. Iowa needs offense so nearly certain Liam would go too.

If Stoops is truly desperate for an out he will surely be embraced at Iowa.

aTm is a better gig than Iowa and no guarantee Ferentz retires. They‘re 10-2 with a ‘fair catch ‘away from 11-1. A&M people swear by the ‘Fan Revolt ‘ story and it does match up with the facts ..as far as tweets and fans upset . It was also immediately reported by A&M people as the reason . Also, Ferentz had a while to let stoops know , as stoops was reported as a candidate for a day, at least

No way Ferentz hauls days before early signing day. He's been around long enough to know how the game is played, he's not going to do anything to disrupt recruiting. BS rumor.

What happened with stoops wasn’t so much about stoops as it was the board not being told. I think Elko was the choice the board was told of, and then the AD went down his own path. When he informed them of stoops it was a surprise to say the least. That was the problem, not so much stoops himself.

What happened with stoops wasn’t so much about stoops as it was the board not being told. I think Elko was the choice the board was told of, and then the AD went down his own path. When he informed them of stoops it was a surprise to say the least. That was the problem, not so much stoops himself.
The AD at any school should go down their own path. If they aren’t trusted by the President and BoR then they get another AD

Reactions: bluecoon1
I heard Stoops was taking over at Clemson. ATM is letting Elmo go today and Dabo is going to ATM with Stoops backfilling Clempson

I don't see Ferentz retiring this year, I think that's something he would announce early, not a surprise announcement after the season. I think he would give the program enough heads up to be able to send him out the right way. So maybe not this season, but possibly after next season? Maybe he announces that next year will be his last? Something along those lines?

I know he was upset over his son, but it would be something to see Ferentz with a really good offense. Iowa has the type of defense that can force the issue and really change games. With a really good offense it would be something.

I'll bet the farm, IF the Iowa job opens up, Stoops is gone. Hes alumni, his family is Iowa thru and thru, easier conference to win in, can maintain his offensive philosophy due to the Iowa football culture. They're used to 3yrds and a cloud of dust, to go along with a strong defense. That job just screams Mark Stoops. That said, it might make it easier to retain Coen in some capacity, I would think Iowa is the last place he and his family would want to end up. JMHO, blast away boys.

Reactions: K86 and Jjohnb5393
I'll bet the farm, IF the Iowa job opens up, Stoops is gone. Hes alumni, his family is Iowa thru and thru, easier conference to win in, can maintain his offensive philosophy due to the Iowa football culture. They're used to 3yrds and a cloud of dust, to go along with a strong defense. That job just screams Mark Stoops. That said, it might make it easier to retain Coen in some capacity, I would think Iowa is the last place he and his family would want to end up. JMHO, blast away boys.
I agree, but A&M is a better gig, and I think he would’ve jumped on it if things would’ve happened differently the other night

Seeing that the B1G is dropping divisions, the Iowa job isn’t going to be as easy as it was when they were the dog in a weak west. No doubt if Stoops went there (I think it’s all BS) that he’d take Marrow, if that happened then you bring in Sumrall right away and pay Coen to stay for continuity. The Iowa dude did come on here last night saying there’s smoke that Ferentz may retire but I think they’re just speculating as we often do over here.

Iowa interim AD just fired Kirk's son. Why in the world does anyone think he will get to call the shots on who follows him as the next Iowa head football coach?

No way Ferentz hauls days before early signing day. He's been around long enough to know how the game is played, he's not going to do anything to disrupt recruiting. BS rumor.
The sad thing about Iowa is this, they have signed 13 4-star recruits since 2020 and they do well in their conference and are currently 10-2. We`ve signed that many in 1 recruiting class. I understand the SEC is better than the Big 10, top to bottom, but goodness. If they had a better offense, they could probably play with the 3 big boys in conference.

Reactions: K86
He’s from Ohio dude. He went to Iowa to play football. Stop it!

Iowa interim AD just fired Kirk's son. Why in the world does anyone think he will get to call the shots on who follows him as the next Iowa head football coach?
If he did, and I agree with you that it's not at all likely that he does, the bet is, he's calling it favor of Phil Parker or Levar Woods, and not Stoops.

All of them unless one is hired as replacement. Iowa needs offense so nearly certain Liam would go too.

If Stoops is truly desperate for an out he will surely be embraced at Iowa.
Well from what I’ve been told, Coen, White , and even Marrow weren’t on board with going to A&M , so is Iowa different?

Reactions: Bterhune
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT