ADVERTISEMENT

Did Tyler Ulis sign on to Cals staff ?

Who cares? If he didn’t, good for him and if he did just mark him off the list. It’s simple, your either for us or against us.
Animated GIF

I know this is an unpopular take
But the people who followed Calipari to Arkansas aren’t bad people
Even though his coaching is subpar and I’m glad he’s gone, he IS good to his people
Tyler has a relationship with Calipari so it makes sense for him
This they are the enemy mentality is ridiculous

So if UK doesn’t offer someone a job they’re dead to you? Harsh
Harsh, sure because life is harsh. Loyalty to the program is what made the BBN what it is. I don’t know anyone who dislikes Ulis but he played at UK not UCal. No one cares were he works and if Pope offered him a job or not.

Reactions: KFuqua
Not a popular opinion but if you ain’t for us then you are against us.

Harsh? Maybe.

Correct mindset in order to achieve the ultimate dream. Absolutely!

Ulis is a favorite of mine in UK blue, couldn’t care less if he ever has an ounce of success outside of that at another college.

Reactions: Blueaz
This is the loyalty these raftard goofs keep talking about. This is how fake they are. They think the players who they trash and are only loyal too when the player is entertaining them in a way they approve of should be loyal to the point of sacrificing their career to them. They don’t give a shit about these players or what happens to them but run their mouths talking about loyalty. This is why this board is a national joke.

Justin Timberlake Crying GIF by StickerGiant

Harsh? Maybe.

Ulis is a favorite of mine in UK blue, couldn’t care less if he ever has an ounce of success outside of that at another college.
That’s not loyalty. That’s controlling. It’s like getting married and telling your spouse they can’t work or do anything anymore unless it suits your needs or you’ll divorce them. These guys aren’t slaves. Playing at Kentucky is just a small part of these players lives. It’s just a game. Way too many fans act like Kentucky basketball is their life and need it to validate themselves. Kentucky winning titles does nothing but make us smile in the end. It changes nothing as far as who we as fans are or become.

Even though his coaching is subpar and I’m glad he’s gone, he IS good to his people
i agree
Ulis is one of the most beloved cats in the Cal era
how anyone could be mad at him for making a living through a coach he has a great relationship with is beyond me
to be mad at him sounds very mean and petty

That’s not loyalty. That’s controlling. It’s like getting married and telling your spouse they can’t work or do anything anymore unless it suits your needs or you’ll divorce them. These guys aren’t slaves. Playing at Kentucky is just a small part of these players lives. It’s just a game. Way too many fans act like Kentucky basketball is their life and need it to validate themselves. Kentucky winning titles does nothing but make us smile in the end. It changes nothing as far as who we as fans are or become.

There’s this thing about opinions, turns out, we all have one. I choose how and where to spend my hard earned money and you do the same. 🙂

Heard Arky tickets are going for real cheap, might want to support your guys down there and get to a game.

Not every former UK player can coach at UK forever.

By the morons in this threads logic they were against Pope at BYU.

I definitely didn’t root for Pope at BYU.

I’ve saw you make fun of Brad when he was at Vanderbilt. Saw you make fun of him for being a coach at Arkansas. Let’s see how you spin this one to make it out that you aren’t wrong for doing so??? 🦗

Harsh? Maybe.

That’s the DUMBEST damn statement I’ve ever heard!!! So someone who was one of your favorites and you don’t give a shit whether they have any semblance of success anywhere else? This fanbase would be waaaayyy better without people like you! What a ridiculous, moronic thing to say!

Harsh, sure because life is harsh. Loyalty to the program is what made the BBN what it is. I don’t know anyone who dislikes Ulis but he played at UK not UCal. No one cares were he works and if Pope offered him a job or not.
What is Ulis supposed to do-- not eat until a position becomes available?
He is trying to work his way up the coaching ladder and I wish him the very best. Maybe one day he will come back to UK. I don't think he has to prove his loyalty to the UK program. He has done that already.

That’s the DUMBEST damn statement I’ve ever heard!!! So someone who was one of your favorites and you don’t give a shit whether they have any semblance of success anywhere else? This fanbase would be waaaayyy better without people like you! What a ridiculous, moronic thing to say!

Fayetteville is that way! Go cheer him on! 😆

• Angry
Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
I definitely didn’t root for Pope at BYU.

I’ve saw you make fun of Brad when he was at Vanderbilt. Saw you make fun of him for being a coach at Arkansas. Let’s see how you spin this one to make it out that you aren’t wrong for doing so??? 🦗

Who cares if we all poke fun at Brad. He mainly where is due to nepotism.

My point was and is, just because former UK players coach other than at UK doesn't make them dead to us as fans or to the program. They still played here.

Not sure I ever said anything about rooting for them. I couldn't give a rats ass about Pope at BYU and made fun of the people posting game threads about them everytime they won a game last season. So we are on the same side there.

Who cares? If he didn’t, good for him and if he did just mark him off the list. It’s simple, your either for us or against us.
Who cares? Somebody who follows Kentucky basketball and spends time on a message board discussing Kentucky basketball might be interested in who the assistant coaches are. What a weird thing to say lol.

Reactions: RunninRichie
i agree
Ulis is one of the most beloved cats in the Cal era
how anyone could be mad at him for making a living through a coach he has a great relationship with is beyond me
to be mad at him sounds very mean and petty
Not mad at him, I think tutoring under Cal is a waste of time and a terrible decision. Cal’s coaching tree is branchless.

Not mad at him, I think tutoring under Cal is a waste of time and a terrible decision. Cal’s coaching tree is branchless.
This is very true, and we all know it.
However, making someone an “enemy” because of whom they choose to work with is a little much
Calipari was a crap coach, but for heavens sake he didn’t commit treason, or worse. And neither did anyone who worked or played for him
My opinion of course,
Doesn’t mean I’m going to cheer for their team..but I do wish them well in all their endeavors.

However, making someone an “enemy” because of whom they choose to work with is a little much
Calipari was a crap coach, but for heavens sake he didn’t commit treason, or worse. And neither did anyone who worked or played for him
My opinion of course,
Doesn’t mean I’m going to cheer for their team..but I do wish them well in all their endeavors.
Well I can’t say I like Cal, I don’t think I ever will. But I agree with the later part about making enemies out of anyone who worked or played for him.

Well I can’t say I like Cal, I don’t think I ever will. But I agree with the later part about making enemies out of anyone who worked or played for him.
And again we agree
I don’t like Calipari and honestly wanted him gone 4 years ago
I don’t exactly wish HIM well other than that he remains in good health.

I mean I certainly couldn’t care less where Ulis works. At the end of the day he’s contributing to society, presumably paying taxes, and trying to advance his career. Cant dog a guy doing those three things nowadays.

The guy I replied to said if Ulis takes a job from Cal that he’s dead to him. I just think that’s really harsh since it hasn’t been reported that Pope/UK even offered him a job. Idk, I just don’t agree with that. Even if Pope/UK offered Ulis and Ulis followed Cal I wouldn’t be mad. He played hard for us while he was here and was and has been a tremendous representative of the university and never said anything bad about UK, publicly. Just doesn’t bother where he chooses to make his living.

I don’t see many thinking they are the enemy. It appears some are reacting to a few players making it clear who they support after the divorce. The whole you don’t want me I don’t want you either kindergarten mentality. Even big Cuz throwing a little shade at UK after Cal
Left, most would be static to have him attend a game.

Edit: Im changing my opinion. I guess there are some idiots here thinking this is a us or him moment. Hopefully they grow out of that after they move out of mommies basement.

My opinion of course,

I hope Arkansas loses every game. **** their fans, **** their coaches, and **** anyone on their coaching staff until they leave that university. Cal is gonna be licking his chops to beat us every single time we play, just to show all of us basketball Benny's that he really was the chosen one. Does anyone really believe Cal gives a shit about any of our fans? Does anyone really believe that?

I hope Arkansas loses every game. **** their fans, **** their coaches, and **** anyone on their coaching staff until they leave that university. Cal is gonna be licking his chops to beat us every single time we play, just to show all of us basketball Benny's that he really was the chosen one. Does anyone really believe Cal gives a shit about any of our fans? Does anyone really believe that?
I couldn’t care less about Calipari. I hope he does lose every game. But my ..,disdain?.. for him does not extend to everyone associated with him
To each their own, it’s simply my opinion

If he wants to be a coach then he’s gonna go where the job is. I can’t blame him if he did. If Pope wanted him then cool, if not he had no choice. That doesn’t mean anyone here is rooting for Arkansas or whoever he goes to though.

Last edited:
So every former player who coaches but not at UK is dead to us? That makes no sense. It’s not like you can have 50 coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT