ADVERTISEMENT

Did Hoskins play ?

I noticed him on the sidlines at one point when watching the broadcast. I believe he was not dressed out. He was wearing his UK jersey, which is how i noticed him, but I don't think he had on pads and definitely didn't have a helmet.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Let’s just say his injury is season ending would he be eligible for another year through a medicinal redshirt?

Let’s just say his injury is season ending would he be eligible for another year through a medicinal redshirt?
Best I can tell he would qualify for a regular redshirt, no need for a medical one. That's assuming he does not play in more than four games this year.

I'm unable to exactly determine his history of playing. I believe he played at a JC his frosh year, UK for his soph and junior years. So far, best I can tell, he did not play in the first two games due to academics, missed the Fla game due to injury. Assuming he played against Ms State and USC junior but didn't play against Ark, that's only two games. Thus he could play in two more games and still redshirt.

Best I can tell he would qualify for a regular redshirt, no need for a medical one. That's assuming he does not play in more than four games this year.

I'm unable to exactly determine his history of playing. I believe he played at a JC his frosh year, UK for his soph and junior years. So far, best I can tell, he did not play in the first two games due to academics, missed the Fla game due to injury. Assuming he played against Ms State and USC junior but didn't play against Ark, that's only two games. Thus he could play in two more games and still redshirt.

I don't think he played at all but not certain. Pretty sure he was out UF and MSU due to injury during warm ups. Then just sat out last two, presumably for RS

He came in as a soph from Juco, he may have a RS year remaining. Abadi-F and Mahones both got snaps last game (first for Mahones?).

I thought he already redshirted as well that’s why I was asking about a medical.

Pretty sure Hoskins has already RSed.
What year do you think he redshirted? I was unable to tell for sure but looked like he played at the JC his freshman year and then at UK for soph and junior.

However, assuming he has redshirted, I don't see how he would qualify for a medical unless he redshirted his freshman year. With the NCAA you never know.

What year do you think he redshirted? I was unable to tell for sure but looked like he played at the JC his freshman year and then at UK for soph and junior.

However, assuming he has redshirted, I don't see how he would qualify for a medical unless he redshirted his freshman year. With the NCAA you never know.
Just not sure, think he's had 2 shoulder surgeries since arriving. Hope he can RS because they can really use him in '20.

Just not sure, think he's had 2 shoulder surgeries since arriving. Hope he can RS because they can really use him in '20.
I did some additional digging on the Highland Community College site re Hoskins. Seems certain he redshirted in either 2015 or 2016. One part of the site says he played in 2015 and redshirted in 2016. However on a different page he is listed as having last played at Highland in 2016. Either way he redshirted one of the two years.

Thus he would have to qualify for a medical to play next year. If he redshirted in 2016 he would not qualify under the current quidelines. If he redshirted in 2015, I believe he would qualify. Just my opinion and I'm in the minority..

Reactions: mrschwump
I did some additional digging on the Highland Community College site re Hoskins. Seems certain he redshirted in either 2015 or 2016. One part of the site says he played in 2015 and redshirted in 2016. However on a different page he is listed as having last played at Highland in 2016. Either way he redshirted one of the two years.

Thus he would have to qualify for a medical to play next year. If he redshirted in 2016 he would not qualify under the current quidelines. If he redshirted in 2015, I believe he would qualify. Just my opinion and I'm in the minority..
I'm just not sure but it seems he came in with 3 to play 3 which means he had RSed in JUCO(first shoulder surgery I think). Had surgery on shoulder here, now 2 to play 2. Played in '18, now one year left in '19. Just not sure about the med thing, think that rule has been modified. Pretty sure he's done after this year whether he plays or not.

I'm just not sure but it seems he came in with 3 to play 3 which means he had RSed in JUCO(first shoulder surgery I think). Had surgery on shoulder here, now 2 to play 2. Played in '18, now one year left in '19. Just not sure about the med thing, think that rule has been modified. Pretty sure he's done after this year whether he plays or not.

OK, if he missed 2016 due to a medical reason and he misses the balance of this season due to a medical reason, he would qualify for a medical redshirt and be able to play next year.

If he plays another game this year it's all over as the game will be in the last half of the season. That's blows the chance of a medical redshirt.

This has been discussed often on here but someone said you have to actually be hurt two years before you can get a medical redshirt after the season is over. This maybe wrong but its close to what I remember, but someone on here will know the rule for sure, they always do.

This has been discussed often on here but someone said you have to actually be hurt two years before you can get a medical redshirt after the season is over. This maybe wrong but its close to what I remember, but someone on here will know the rule for sure, they always do.
As I said, I'm in the minority on this. Certainly prior to some time last year, that was the guideline. You had to miss two seasons due to reasons beyond the players control. A normal redshirt was not considered beyond a players control. I'm in the minority that believe this guideline was changed last year, to consider a redshirt taken during a players freshman year beyond a players control.

As I said, I'm in the minority on this. Certainly prior to some time last year, that was the guideline. You had to miss two seasons due to reasons beyond the players control. A normal redshirt was not considered beyond a players control. I'm in the minority that believe this guideline was changed last year, to consider a redshirt taken during a players freshman year beyond a players control.

You could be right, I'm not sure about any changes but I definitely don't stay up with the changes like I should.

I believe some press guy asked coack Stoops about him during thursday interview. Said something about he took a few reps today, Said he would get more reps Friday. Said we'll see if he's ready to go.

Big Snacc‏@phil_hoskins 27m27 minutes ago
Here we go
1f64f-1f3fe.png

ADVERTISEMENT