ADVERTISEMENT

I hate having games on Wednesday

I hate Wednesday games too not for same reason as you I don't go to Church but yes it feels like forever.

Also Tue/Sat are Kentucky game days.

I also like to add I hate weekday start times that are not at 7 PM ET.

Dislike this 8 PM ET start and I really hate the 9 PM ET start times during weekdays.

For two reasons

1. That’s church night do a lot of folks so you miss the game or most of it.

2. It feels like FOREVER since we’ve played on Saturday.

Anyone else hate Wednesday games?
Perspective…..
1. Our church starts at 6 and over in plenty time for an 8 game and
2. Wednesday games are farther from the last Saturday game but a day closer to this Saturday’s game. It’s all about perspective.

On the bright side, Wed night games make the turnaround to Sat a day quicker...as opposed to having a typical Tues night game and then waiting until Sat.

Reactions: gharding07
I don’t like it except that my favorite bar does trivia at 8 on Tuesdays. If there’sa game it gets delayed until like 9:15 and That’s just too late for me. My brother and I are almost unbeatable.

I hate Wednesday games too not for same reason as you I don't go to Church but yes it feels like forever.

Also Tue/Sat are Kentucky game days.

I also like to add I hate weekday start times that are not at 7 PM ET.

Dislike this 8 PM ET start and I really hate the 9 PM ET start times during weekdays.
I feel that. Unless I’m off or remote I hate the late games too. I have to have wind down time and like to listen to post game so that makes it hard when it’s an 8 o clock CST tip.

What year are some of you living in? Ever hear of DVR?
That’s not near as fun man. In the era of constant information bombardment it’s hard not to have a game spoiled. Especially if you’re at another event or function. All it takes if for one dude to come up to you and go Hey man. See the score?” And you can install tell by tone of voice how that game is going.

Going back and watching live events that have already happened is weird to me. Just can’t do it.

Reactions: gbl97
Perspective…..
1. Our church starts at 6 and over in plenty time for an 8 game and
2. Wednesday games are farther from the last Saturday game but a day closer to this Saturday’s game. It’s all about perspective.
We have dinner at 6 and the program usually runs until 7:30. I’ll catch part of the game but it’s hard to get home , get changed, strolled and in the flow before the game is over.

That’s not near as fun man. In the era of constant information bombardment it’s hard not to have a game spoiled. Especially if you’re at another event or function. All it takes if for one dude to come up to you and go Hey man. See the score?” And you can install tell by tone of voice how that game is going.

Going back and watching live events that have already happened is weird to me. Just can’t do it.
I hear you, man. I was mostly joking around. I'm okay with it every once in a while, but I definitely prefer to watch games live.

And yes, if you're like me and wear a UK hat 80% of the time you leave the house, you always run the risk of getting spoiled.

Hell, I was at a trivia night on Sat for a local high school baseball team and this guy got on the mike in the middle of it to announce the halftime score for any UK fans that might be there. I was pissed and just watched the 2nd half on my phone.

Reactions: bbncal02
I hate 9:00 games worse. They never start at 9, it's always 9:30 or 10 cause ESPN doesn't know how to schedule. Staying up late is hard on old people.

Then we loose and I'm pissed off and can't sleep. :mad:

Reactions: bbncal02
When I lived in SEKY singing was really fast, prayers short and bible class was abbreviated on game nights.
Used to be this way for us to. But a lot of the older generation die hard have passed and it’s not quite the same anymore. We used or have people that would tap their watches on Sunday game days to let the rev know to wrap it up. 😂

I hate 9:00 games worse. They never start at 9, it's always 9:30 or 10 cause ESPN doesn't know how to schedule. Staying up late is hard on old people.

Then we loose and I'm pissed off and can't sleep. :mad:
I feel this. I hate those late midweek games. Makes you feel like crap until midmorning next gay.

Reactions: FirewithFire
Haha, that's fair. I do still have Directv.
We dumped DTV and went to YouTubeTV. What a difference, and never have to worry about running out of space for "recorded" games. I just put Kentucky in my favorites and all the games appear in my library.

And, it was $120 less per month (we pay $78 + $5 for 4K add-on). Of course you need a good internet connection (we are in Denver area with 1.2 gbps speeds).

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
We dumped DTV and went to YouTubeTV. What a difference, and never have to worry about running out of space for "recorded" games. I just put Kentucky in my favorites and all the games appear in my library.

And, it was $120 less per month (we pay $78 + $5 for 4K add-on). Of course you need a good internet connection (we are in Denver area with 1.2 gbps speeds).
Yeah I've been meaning to do this for a while and I've settled on YTTV when I do make the switch. I guess my only excuse as to why I haven't done it is because we have ATT for our wireless and it's all bundled together.

That's not really a great excuse though. Honestly, I'm just lazy about that stuff.

Reactions: TheDude73
Yeah I've been meaning to do this for a while and I've settled on YTTV when I do make the switch. I guess my only excuse as to why I haven't done it is because we have ATT for our wireless and it's all bundled together.

That's not really a great excuse though. Honestly, I'm just lazy about that stuff.
Someone here convinced me to do it. Can't recall who, but when we did, it was night and day.

Just getting away from the DTV "guide" and user interface was enough for us.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
UK basketball is my church.

In all seriousness, I applaud those that put church ahead of sports. I grew up CoC and that's as conservative as it gets but i found it amusing every year on the super bowl they did super Sunday and had morning and then early afternoon service after lunch so everyone could watch the super bowl.

I thought that was crap as a kid and full of hypocrisy. They have also canceled service before on Xmas, which is really goofy to me. I digress, don't really go anymore to church anywhere.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Doesn’t bother me.
1) record it, YouTube tv record a every UK game without me even asking. Say you get home from church at 8:30, you can start watching and FF thru timeouts and halftime and probably see the 2nd half live.

2) distance from Sat to Wed is same as from Tue to Sat. So either way you have 2 gap days and 3 gap days (or switch them)

Reactions: know1
Just go to church on Sunday. Nowhere in the book does it say you have to go twice per week! :)

It's Kentucky basketball. Your preacher will forgive you!
Unfortunately I’m a deacon so I have obligations lol. 😂.

When it was so cold a couple of weeks ago church got cancelled and I got to stay home and watch the game. I wasn’t too upset. 😜

I’m going to be making the switch. I’m bundled with ATT and want to keep my Internet but ditch my cable option. Keep putting it off because I KNOW it’s gonna be a pain.

Simply can't imagine missing a UK game or anything else over church....
But, I guess somebody has to collect all that money....

Not a fan of Wednesday games either.

Record them, go to church - everyone does mostly the same so no one spoils anything, Come home and watch after. Definitely stay away from anything on my phone to spoil the game.

I typically record all games and start about 30 minutes late so I can skip commercials. Usually watch the end live.

In all seriousness, I applaud those that put church ahead of sports. I grew up CoC and that's as conservative as it gets but i found it amusing every year on the super bowl they did super Sunday and had morning and then early afternoon service after lunch so everyone could watch the super bowl.

I thought that was crap as a kid and full of hypocrisy. They have also canceled service before on Xmas, which is really goofy to me. I digress, don't really go anymore to church anywhere.
CoC? I’m beginning to understand

• Haha
Reactions: Dallas-Wild

I lived in Alabama in 1986 and we went to a Fundie Baptist church. That year Ohio State came calling to Tuscaloosa and the pastor canceled Wednesday evening services.

I don't love Wednesday games either. I just tell myself we only have 2 days without basketball after Wednesday.

I had no idea people went to church on Wednesdays. I thought it was just Sundays 🤷‍♀️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT