ADVERTISEMENT

Dickinson News

You obviously take him if he wants to come here, but he isn’t a great fit and is a worst defender than Oscar, and will cause Kentucky to have some limitations, ware, handlogten, holmes(if he enters are all better fits
An incredible offensive player. Look at the positives like you all do everyday 😜

An incredible offensive player. Look at the positives like you all do everyday 😜
Have you seen the others on here, who are more negative than me, I atleast try to see the others sides viewpoint, some are so out on cal they won’t even entertain the other viewpoint. But Dickinson is good offensively but his fit on next years team isn’t great

At least it was only a Zoom meeting. I'd hate to see us waste more time on another plodding big man that has marginal interest in us. Dickinson does have some positives to his game. I give him that. But he's exactly the type of big man that doesn't make you an elite team.

How someone chooses the frozen tundra of Michigan over Kentucky for basketball makes no sense at all. Weird. Will be interesting to see what he does now.

Have you seen the others on here, who are more negative than me, I atleast try to see the others sides viewpoint, some are so out on cal they won’t even entertain the other viewpoint. But Dickinson is good offensively but his fit on next years team isn’t great
You want the no name small schools college guards over proven bigs. You not learned anything from watching Mintz Grady CJ and Reeves. A player of the year Oscar and a Big 10 All American center if he came would slow down the offense. You want a guard shooting 1-6 and give up 15 points a game. But hold on that one shoot may be a 3.

You want the no name small schools college guards over proven bigs. You not learned anything from watching Mintz Grady CJ and Reeves. A player of the year Oscar and a Big 10 All American center if he came would slow down the offense. You want a guard shooting 1-6 and give up 15 points a game. But hold on that one shoot may be a 3.
Reeves is good, he just can’t be your only guy, that’s always been the problem, cal has to recruit other shooters. On Dickinson if he wants to come sure you take home, but I much rather have ware, handlogten, holmes(if he enters the portal) all 3 are way better fits for next years roster

Idk, I think he’d fit pretty well with them. You need that steady offensive go to player when you need a basket. Surround him with great talent, and a shooter like Reeves. I like it

Idk, I think he’d fit pretty well with them. You need that steady offensive go to player when you need a basket. Surround him with great talent, and a shooter like Reeves. I like it
There’s a scenario where it works for sure, but wagener, and Edwards need space and driving lanes, Dickinson will be camped on the block most of the time, and I hope calipari gets more shooting besides reeves

So, is anyone going to ask why Dickinson is in the portal to begin with? The immediate default answer is NIL. But, Michigan isn't exactly the Little Sisters of the Poor and he was one of, if not their best player. Gotta believe they have a lucrative shoe deal as well.
@ralphdaltonfan says there are other issues that contribute to him wanting out of Michigan and they aren't very flattering.
I have ZERO faith that Calipari will make sure due diligence is done on him.

I just hope we get either Ware or Dickinson. HOWEVER, in any transfer, we may never hear the real reason they entered the portal. This is especially true if they are coming from another Power 5 school where the message is being managed by both the school and the player's agents. But obviously no matter how good they are, how they mess with the new team is important.

Dickinson brings the ability to hit the 3, and a solid offensive game. Ware is more raw, but has a bigger motor, and his style is more a fit for Cal.

Just go get the best one that will give all they got for the team. Thats what we all want, the trouble is .... some % will say we should've got the other one unless we bring home #9.

Its a 2 way street, they gotta come here and share the ball, etc. For all the billions you might make in the NBA, nobody averages 20+ at UK. Too many future Pros here.

• Haha
Reactions: Wally2000
It would be like having Oscar back. Hunter might have the advantage with his size. Can Hunter can hold his own against those guys Oscar had problems with, guys woth size.

Dickinson is more what UK needs to complement the incoming kids than Ware from Oregon.

We destroy Cal for his inability to mold together a roster that makes sense. Ware is just another raw, potential-based 5-star who has not proven he can do it at this level. Dickinson has proven himself.

So, is anyone going to ask why Dickinson is in the portal to begin with? The immediate default answer is NIL. But, Michigan isn't exactly the Little Sisters of the Poor and he was one of, if not their best player. Gotta believe they have a lucrative shoe deal as well.
@ralphdaltonfan says there are other issues that contribute to him wanting out of Michigan and they aren't very flattering.
I have ZERO faith that Calipari will make sure due diligence is done on him.
IDK, Howard doesn’t seem like a coach I would want to play for, that could be a big part of it.

Dickinson is more what UK needs to complement the incoming kids than Ware from Oregon.

We destroy Cal for his inability to mold together a roster that makes sense. Ware is just another raw, potential-based 5-star who has not proven he can do it at this level. Dickinson has proven himself.
Exactly. Ware is a project and since we're looking at a situation where Cal is trying to go out with a bang, you don't rely on a project at the 5 spot, especially knowing Cal runs his offense through the post.

If you want to see the paint clogged for another year and another confused raw player at the 5 that gets abused.on the PNR, bring in the Ware kid.

But of you want a polished big that can hit threes and is a true 7 footer, better get Hunter Dickinson.

Reactions: dl51344
If Hunter sucks in PNR, then freaking coach him to be better, it's easier to fix that then teaching a big man how to hit from deep. PNR is about recognition and defensive placement/rotation, I have no idea why Cal never fixes Oscar, but he didn't. Cousins wasn't the fastest cat we ever had, but I don't recall having that issue with him, so I don't understand why Cal can't get a slim 7'1" guy to defend PNR properly.
Coach him to be better? What a novel idea. I wonder if our $10million dollar man ever thinks of that?

We should have been bringing back 6 or 7 guys, but it looks like we'll be bringing back 2 or 3.

Cal is mystifyingly disappointing.
I could understand a down year or two if he's developing players, who stay for 3-4 years and improve over their career. At least there would be hope for improvement. Instead, we can't win the SEC regular season or SECT anymore, have endured the worst season in school history and have a revolving door of players every year. We just have to hope the guys coming in are superstars, who have already been coached to their max potential because they will not improve under Cal.

Bradshaw and Dickinson would get us back to fluid players instead of mechanical big men. Hope it happens.

You need to score, but UCON's defense held San Diego State without a basket for 11 minutes in the first half. That won the game. Defense is for winners.
While UConn's defense was very good, San Diego St is not a good offensive team. They ranked #68 in offensive efficiency and #3 in defense. UConn was #3 in offense and #8 in defense, so they were a more efficient team.

Last edited:
While UConn's defense was very good, San Diego St is not a good offensive team. They ranked #68 in offensive efficiency and #3 in defense. UConn was #3 in offense and #8 in defense, so they were a much more well rounded team.
Didn't SDSU beat the offensive juggernaut Alabama?? Held them in the 60's to boot. Nate Oates is a joke. 30 threes a game takes great coaching! No.

Didn't SDSU beat the offensive juggernaut Alabama?? Held them in the 60's to boot. Nate Oates is a joke. 30 threes a game takes great coaching! No.
Yes. Like I stated above, SDSU was ranked #3 in defense. They just struggled on offense.

I just hope we get either Ware or Dickinson. HOWEVER, in any transfer, we may never hear the real reason they entered the portal. This is especially true if they are coming from another Power 5 school where the message is being managed by both the school and the player's agents. But obviously no matter how good they are, how they mess with the new team is important.

Dickinson brings the ability to hit the 3, and a solid offensive game. Ware is more raw, but has a bigger motor, and his style is more a fit for Cal.

Just go get the best one that will give all they got for the team. Thats what we all want, the trouble is .... some % will say we should've got the other one unless we bring home #9.

Its a 2 way street, they gotta come here and share the ball, etc. For all the billions you might make in the NBA, nobody averages 20+ at UK. Too many future Pros here.
oops I thought you were tailing about Lance

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT