ADVERTISEMENT

Dickinson News

Wrong Bowfreak. We are now desperate for an experienced physical front court player. Yes, defense is of course importance but second chance rebounds, screens, a go to guy in the interior that can handle physical contact, who do we have now?

Zoom meeting?
This is the problem today. You want something, you go out and get it, work your ass off for it, crawl thru shit if you have to, but zoom meeting?
I guess I am stuck in the old days where you look a man in the eye when you talk to him, shake his hand, and honor your agreements.
Zoom meeting; lazy ass way to do things these days.

Three kinds of people;
Those who watch things happen
Those who wonder what just happened
Those who make things happen

UK basketball seems to be doing a lot of the first two these days.

You obviously take him if he wants to come here, but he isn’t a great fit and is a worst defender than Oscar, and will cause Kentucky to have some limitations, ware, handlogten, holmes(if he enters are all better fits
Again, you prove you have no idea what you are talking about.

Dickinson is a more than adequate defender. D Rating of 98.5 which is above average

Zoom meeting?
This is the problem today. You want something, you go out and get it, work your ass off for it, crawl thru shit if you have to, but zoom meeting?
I guess I am stuck in the old days where you look a man in the eye when you talk to him, shake his hand, and honor your agreements.

Three kinds of people;

It was my impression that the Zoom meeting is in lieu of a phone call. A feeling out. A face-to-face can come later if there’s mutual interest.

Again, you prove you have no idea what you are talking about.

Dickinson is a more than adequate defender. D Rating of 98.5 which is above average

Brother, he gets torched in pick and rolls, Michigan people even say he sucks as a defender, he is a decent shot blocker, but he is worst at defending the pick and roll than Oscar is

Reactions: catben
Zoom meeting?

Three kinds of people;

Zooms are the only thing allowed currently. It’s a dead period.

Zoom meeting?

Three kinds of people;

It's a dead period. Face to face isn't allowed right now. Holy cow the stupidity on here is amazing.

Wrong Bowfreak. We are now desperate for an experienced physical front court player. Yes, defense is of course importance but second chance rebounds, screens, a go to guy in the interior that can handle physical contact, who do we have now?
We've had that the past 2 years, a better one than Dickinson. And look where it's gotten us.
All of Cal's best teams (UMass, Memphis, UK) have protected the rim (blocked shots).

At UK, Cal's E8 or better teams, have averaged 8.6, 5.8, 6.3, 6.8, 7.1, 5.2, 4.8 blks/gm.
The other teams 6.6, 5.8, 4.8, 4.9, 5.9, 4.2 & 3.7. Those last (smallest 2) were the past 2 years w/ Oscar.

Zooms are the only thing allowed currently. It’s a dead period.
If that is the case, then I stand corrected. If I am a coach and a player comes available, no zoom, it will be face to face.
With players leaving schools like this for another, I want to get a real time feel of the player and know what I am getting.
This is like some damn swap day you see at the car shows.

Dickinson is a MONUMENTAL upgrade to Ugonna Onyenso. He's better than any freshmen big man coming in to college. Why tf wouldn't Kentucky want to upgrade its talent. Dickinson is not a great defender by any stretch, but he is also not a terrible defender by any stretch.

He would be a tremendous get for this program. If we bring Hunter in though Kentucky will still need to make upgrades to its defense. That's where a guy like TJ Bamba could make a difference.

Zoom meeting?

Three kinds of people;

Your user name checks out

Remember this thread when these small guards are torching us next year. He is a downgrade from Oscar.

If you can get a bouncy athletic center, you get him. Cal is not changing and no matter who bad teams continue to drive the lane, we won't have the talent to play Cal's style or a coach willing to switch to a style that suits his players.

Zoom meeting?

Three kinds of people;

Yes you are stuck in the old days.

He is probably Maryland bound, but atleast they are trying
This is what the KSR dudes are saying also. They act like it's pretty much a done deal at this point.

But with all of the UK departures, NIL money may be more here. That would be the only reason I could see him coming here. Heck, maybe Cal kicks in some money too and this will be his LAST RIDE here!!

Zoom meeting?

Three kinds of people;

it's a dead period, no in person contact.... but they are allowed to zoom...keep up

Reactions: shodaman
Dickinson is one of those guys you have to take if he wants to come here, because you will look like an idiot if you don’t take him.

He isn’t a great fit. He isn’t a great defender. He is reportedly a pretty selfish player. He may cause chemistry issues.

But he can score in the post. He is an excellent rebounder. He can shoot the 3.

You kind of have to take him.

But he sounds like another Olivier Sarr. Sarr was a can’t miss transfer. We all know how that turned out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT