ADVERTISEMENT

Dickinson News

Sign him up and bring Collins back and you have a solid 4 of Collins, Bradshaw, Dickinson and Ware. You could maybe add another but not sure if they’d have to.

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
Dickinson has at least proven himself as an offensive player in college.
Saar was a total bust.
I remember people raving about Sarr being proven as well. 30 point games against Duke and UNC. Dude was suppose to be a stud. Not saying Dickinson is another Sarr, but you just never know. I think he led mighty Michigan to the second round of the NIT this season.

I remember people raving about Sarr being proven as well. 30 point games against Duke and UNC. Dude was suppose to be a stud. Not saying Dickinson is another Sarr, but you just never know. I think he led mighty Michigan to the second round of the NIT this season.

Blaming him for Michigan's issued is about as silly as blaming Oscar for UKs last 2 seasons.

Zoom meeting?
This is the problem today. You want something, you go out and get it, work your ass off for it, crawl thru shit if you have to, but zoom meeting?
I guess I am stuck in the old days where you look a man in the eye when you talk to him, shake his hand, and honor your agreements.
Zoom meeting; lazy ass way to do things these days.

Three kinds of people;
Those who watch things happen
Those who wonder what just happened
Those who make things happen

UK basketball seems to be doing a lot of the first two these days.
Okay boomer

Zoom meeting?
This is the problem today. You want something, you go out and get it, work your ass off for it, crawl thru shit if you have to, but zoom meeting?
I guess I am stuck in the old days where you look a man in the eye when you talk to him, shake his hand, and honor your agreements.
Zoom meeting; lazy ass way to do things these days.

Three kinds of people;
Those who watch things happen
Those who wonder what just happened
Those who make things happen

UK basketball seems to be doing a lot of the first two these days.
It’s a dead period. They can’t visit in person.

Someone that usually has very good info says he’s just using us to get more money from Maryland , where he will eventually end up .
Is this a national recruiting person or a Kentucky one, either way I agree he is either going to Maryland or Georgetown, Kentucky is just a stop point

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
He can't guard me. We will be looking at our guards getting abused on defense and nobody to clean up inside.

Get someone that can move and block shots.
He can score and score efficiently. If Bradshaw is as good as advertised it may not be as big an issue. Scoring is the name of the game now and he can do that.

Is this a national recruiting person or a Kentucky one, either way I agree he is either going to Maryland or Georgetown, Kentucky is just a stop point
Probably referring to Pilgrim. That's what he just said earlier today on his podcast. Also said Duke has some interest in him and he apparently wanted to go there when he was in high school. Still sounds like Maryland is the favorite though.

Dickinson does know that as a UK big man he'll be fouled 4 times before he can get a shot off with no call doesn't he?

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
Why is Dickinson leaving Michigan anyway?
That’s what I’m wondering. He’s been a starter and has a big role guaranteed next season. This almost seems like quitting on your team to me

I’d love to have him, though. He’s had some controversy as he’s a fiery talker. He’s the kind of player you hate if he’s not on your team

Reactions: Fox2monk
Retaining and developing bigs is even more important now because there are few high quality ones in the portal compared to guards and wings. Dickinson has weaknesses but the options for real difference makers out there are limited at this point if you trying to build a contender.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smashcat
You can't put shot blocking above scoring. Dickinson can shoot the ball and he is a true 7 footer that played for a coach that didn’t emphasize rebounding and rim protection like Cal does, so we don't know how well he can do those things.

At 42%, that guy is going to draw his defender out of the paint and if our guards are as deadly as I keep reading about, that is solid gold.

You have to score. Uconn never stopped scoring, that’s why they won the title. They also smothered everyone they played with size.

Look, Calipari is going to play through the post, I would rather do that with Dickenson than with Lance Ware, Bradshaw or Collins.

You have to take this guy if he is on the table, you can get shot blocling with Collins (if he stays) and Bradshaw.

If Hunter sucks in PNR, then freaking coach him to be better, it's easier to fix that then teaching a big man how to hit from deep. PNR is about recognition and defensive placement/rotation, I have no idea why Cal never fixes Oscar, but he didn't. Cousins wasn't the fastest cat we ever had, but I don't recall having that issue with him, so I don't understand why Cal can't get a slim 7'1" guy to defend PNR properly.

A guy with that type of production hitting the portal has certainly set off a frenzy. Maryland – who just hired his former high school coach Mike Jones away from Virginia Tech – and Georgetown were immediately considered potential destinations for the seven-footer who played high school ball in the DMV. He's done a zoom with Arkansas, he's doing one with Kentucky; Syracuse has ties to his summer program and Villanova and Kansas have also been mentioned.

We’ll see how much traction Kentucky or Arkansas can gain, but based off the early intel 247Sports has gotten, Kansas, Georgetown, Maryland and Villanova appear to be in the best shape early in his process. - Eric Bossi, 247.

This has been a good discussion.

I do sometimes wish people wouldn’t get so defensive when you disagree with them.

I mean, it’s not like we really have a choice in the matter. It’s not like Cal gives us a vote on who we want.

If we get Dickinson, I hope you guys are right about him.

I personally have doubts, but that’s just me and I hope I am wrong if we land him.

A guy with that type of production hitting the portal has certainly set off a frenzy. Maryland – who just hired his former high school coach Mike Jones away from Virginia Tech – and Georgetown were immediately considered potential destinations for the seven-footer who played high school ball in the DMV. He's done a zoom with Arkansas, he's doing one with Kentucky; Syracuse has ties to his summer program and Villanova and Kansas have also been mentioned.

We’ll see how much traction Kentucky or Arkansas can gain, but based off the early intel 247Sports has gotten, Kansas, Georgetown, Maryland and Villanova appear to be in the best shape early in his process. - Eric Bossi, 247.
Cal is always too late to the party.

This has been a good discussion.

I do sometimes wish people wouldn’t get so defensive when you disagree with them.

I mean, it’s not like we really have a choice in the matter. It’s not like Cal gives us a vote on who we want.

If we get Dickinson, I hope you guys are right about him.

I personally have doubts, but that’s just me and I hope I am wrong if we land him.
I like Dickinson but think Cal sh## the bed on both Ugo and Dickinson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT