ADVERTISEMENT

Dickinson News

Didn't SDSU beat the offensive juggernaut Alabama?? Held them in the 60's to boot. Nate Oates is a joke. 30 threes a game takes great coaching! No.
Nate Oates had young players like Duke did. They did what young teams do.

Don't care how good your defense is, good teams will score on you, you better be able to score, if you go through scoring droughts, you will get sent home.

UConn went through a couple small scoring droughts, but SDSU couldn't score to make it a game.

You have to be elite on both ends, but if you have an elite offense, you stand a chance to beat anybody and unless the opponent is 20 points up, you are never out of it.

You want the no name small schools college guards over proven bigs. You not learned anything from watching Mintz Grady CJ and Reeves. A player of the year Oscar and a Big 10 All American center if he came would slow down the offense. You want a guard shooting 1-6 and give up 15 points a game. But hold on that one shoot may be a 3.
You really are one of the worst posters on this board.
Grady was very good before he got plantar fasciatis, made 45% of his 3's (3.0/gm) the first 27 games of the season. He tried to play through the injury, and his attempts (couldn't move as quickly to get open) and his % both went down but still made 41.5% of his 3's.
Mintz was our best player, albeit on our worst team, and then the next year was a solid 6th man. He was not brought in to be a star or even starter, he was brought to be a complimentary piece of the bench.
Reeves (as I've proved many times the past 3 weeks with Stats) had a good season, 2nd in scoring, 1st in scoring/min. He made 39.8% of his 3's (2.4/gm). Yes he was streaky, and yes had his worst game vs KSU. But he was no more streaky than he was the prior year or than SEC-POY Miller (which I've proved). AND every team (except 2) ends the season with a loss, and in that final loss it's usually because the best players/shooters had a bad game (like Miller & Bama). What you hope doesn't happen is that 2-3 of your top 3-4 guys all have bad games the same night (like we did w/ Reeves & Toppin).
Fredrick, I'll give you, was a complete failure. But he was the one of these that was a proven shooter from a P5 school, which goes against your past narrative to avoid guys from no-name schools.

Don't care how good your defense is, good teams will score on you, you better be able to score, if you go through scoring droughts, you will get sent home.

UConn went through a couple small scoring droughts, but SDSU couldn't score to make it a game.

You have to be elite on both ends, but if you have an elite offense, you stand a chance to beat anybody and unless the opponent is 20 points up, you are never out of it.
You can also say don't care how good your offense is, good teams will shut you down at times, you better be able to defend, if the other team gets hot, you will get sent home.

So clearly the answer is, you need BOTH, a good offense and defense. Which UCONN had.

Dickinson is also set to have a Zoom meeting with Kentucky on Wednesday, per Jeff Goodman of Stadium.

"Don't really plan on talking to the media," Dickinson said on the RoundBall Podcast. "Just keeping this one as close to the chest as possible."

You can also say don't care how good your offense is, good teams will shut you down at times, you better be able to defend, if the other team gets hot, you will get sent home.

So clearly the answer is, you need BOTH, a good offense and defense. Which UCONN had.
I think offense is more important, you have to be able to answer when the opposition is scoring on you, if you don't, they're going to sink their teeth in more and more with every basket they make.

Give me Reeves, Thiero, Ware, and Collins back.

Add Dickinson.

Add a legit stretch 4 who can also play the 5 if needed.

Also, add one more combo guard for depth.

We need three guys from the portal, at least, even if Reeves comes back. Can't count on Ware or Collins at this point.

Dickinson is an absolutlye MUST GET for next year period.
Him or Oscar, and I’m then pretty excited (Reeves too of course
Give me Reeves, Thiero, Ware, and Collins back.

Add Dickinson.

Add a legit stretch 4 who can also play the 5 if needed.

Also, add one more combo guard for depth.

We need three guys from the portal, at least, even if Reeves comes back. Can't count on Ware or Collins at this point.
ware and Collins are bad. But give me Reeves and Oscar and I’ll get excited

NCAA Schools are going to need GMs to juggle NIL money and spread it around enough to get a strong roster when you're fishing in the talent pool we are.

For example, to keep our recruiting class intact AND get a big in the transfer portal AND have Oscar return ....... Cal has to sell Oscar & the Big on playing together & splitting some minutes. Plus Oscar probably has to take a pay cut. And Dillingham might not get as much as he was hoping for. DJ and Reed are probably going to get theirs.

For that reason I doubt Dickinson comes. He can be The Man @ Maryland.

Its a mad, mad world.

Good lord. they have Dickinson's brother on the OV in the photo shoot? Gross.

As for the Denim comment. Gtown rocked Denim in '89 Postseason and '90 season due to a Nike uniform change. Sonny Vaccaro used to have the Nike schools wear different stuff in the Postseason and they debuted them in Carrier Dome for the last game of regular season, then BET-Elite 8. Georgetown was a "Force" brand of Nike with Michigan, a few others, while UNLV, Syracuse were "Flight" and got different branding.

Reactions: Smashcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT